• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Gabriel...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I dont know mucb about him... 5'8" speed guy? Good compliment for Robinson?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is AWESOME, IMO.

He was an explosive player for ATL in 2016. Made some big plays on their SB run. I was so shocked at how underutilized he was this past season.

He ran a 4.27 at the combine and unlike some of those guys. He actually plays at that speed out in the open field.

Perfect fit as a screen/quick-hit/YAC guy in Nagy's system. This is just as good as Wilson, if not better... dare I say. Depends on how much you value you the familiarity between Wilson and Nagy.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid 3 with speed to go with Cohen. Can you imagine the fun Nagy will have!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally thought he was a slot guy, but I saw statistics suggesting that he only played out of the slot on 10% of plays.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally thought he was a slot guy, but I saw statistics suggesting that he only played out of the slot on 10% of plays.

All signs point to Meredith remaining in the slot. As he did in 2016.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on where Nagy likes to play them. I do like the versatility we have at WR. I still wouldn’t mind drafting Kirk if he’s around in the second.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he in the slot? I don't remember. At 6' 3", wouldn't he be better suited outside, opposite Robinson, with Gabriel or Wright in the slot?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he in the slot? I don't remember. At 6' 3", wouldn't he be better suited outside, opposite Robinson, with Gabriel or Wright in the slot?
You’d think so. I kind of see it your way too, and would be kind of surprised if that happened again. Meredith was in the slot in 2016, but I like to believe he played there because he was competing with Marshall and Jeffery for a while, then had to compete with Kevin White early on. The coaches at he time probably saw the talent he had and to get him on the field had him running routes out of the slot. Now, he’s competing with Gabriel for the two spot. Nagy will mix it up though. We will probably see Gabriel and Cohen all over the field, Allen Robinson as the outside guy, and Meredith wherever we need another receiver on the field, whether it be outside or in the slot. Versatility like this is a great thing to have.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’d think so. I kind of see it your way too, and would be kind of surprised if that happened again. Meredith was in the slot in 2016, but I like to believe he played there because he was competing with Marshall and Jeffery for a while, then had to compete with Kevin White early on. The coaches at he time probably saw the talent he had and to get him on the field had him running routes out of the slot. Now, he’s competing with Gabriel for the two spot. Nagy will mix it up though. We will probably see Gabriel and Cohen all over the field, Allen Robinson as the outside guy, and Meredith wherever we need another receiver on the field, whether it be outside or in the slot. Versatility like this is a great thing to have.

He never had to compete with Marshall. As Marshall departed after 2014. Meredith was a rookie in 2015.

I do agree that it likely came about because as a small school kid who played QB, and had to learn every WR position just to have a hope of sticking on the roster.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel?

He's good in space, and can prolly burn a go route or two, he's not like "the missing piece" er' nothing, but he'll see some snaps.
Sure, but you're going to have scheme open that space. He'll be window dressing on a lot of plays with say Jet Sweeps for example.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Rich on this one.

You look at the way Nagy lined up Tyreek Hill all over the field.
Nagy has said he envisions Tarik Cohen as his Tyreek Hill.
But imagine both speedsters Cohen and Gabriel on the field at the same time!
Could create all kinds of problems for a defense.
Especially if Nagy is as creative as advertised.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Burton, Robinson, and Meredith on the field as well, the passing game has a ton of quality options. Robinson might be drawing double teams too. Our passing game just went from a predictable 1 or 2 nice weapons to loaded with weapons at every position. Teams only had to worry about Howard. Now they have several players to worry about through the air. If Nagys offense is all it’s cracked up to be, I think Trubisky will have a 4000+ yard 25+ TD season. Howard should continue to dominate as well. Especially if we grab Nelson from this draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the whole "Cohen = Hill" thing...

They're very different players. Hill is 4 inches taller than Cohen (5'6 vs 5'10... which makes a big difference in the receiving game), plays a different position, runs a 4.2 40 yard dash (4.4 for Cohen)... etc... Hill is a straight line killer. Cohen is shifty and quick. That isn't to say that they don't share some characteristics, but they're not the same.

Will he be able to utilize Cohen in some gadget plays and in the screen game like Hill? Sure. However, if you're looking for your "Tyreek Hill". Gabriel is the guy. For starters, they play the same position. Which helps.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the whole "Cohen = Hill" thing...

They're very different players. Hill is 4 inches taller than Cohen (5'6 vs 5'10... which makes a big difference in the receiving game), plays a different position, runs a 4.2 40 yard dash (4.4 for Cohen)... etc... Hill is a straight line killer. Cohen is shifty and quick. That isn't to say that they don't share some characteristics, but they're not the same.

Will he be able to utilize Cohen in some gadget plays and in the screen game like Hill? Sure. However, if you're looking for your "Tyreek Hill". Gabriel is the guy. For starters, they play the same position. Which helps.
Hill is just as quick as he is fast, but most elsewhere I agree here.

I'd like to see Cohen add WR to his repertoire as it adds more diversity to the offense, but comparisons to Tyreek Hill may as well be chasing leprechauns, imo.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screen/YAC guys in Gabriel/Cohen. To go along with your 6'3+ WR prototypes in Robinson and Meredith. Not to mention... two big and athletic targets at TE in Burton/Shaheen.

This isn't even taking White into account either. Anything out of him is gravy. We should 100% expect nothing, but who knows?

There's question marks with health. However, the weapons in the passing game are there. A lot of potential.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's selling a meme, not a reality.

Comparing Cohen to Hill just ignores fundamental differences.

4.24 (his HS times indicate he may be faster than that IIRC) versus 4.42

6.53 3 cone versus 7.22

They're just not the same level of athlete. They're very loosely comparable, but Hill is just a freak outlier that should almost never be compared to anyone.

Hill is 5'8 flat roughly.

Cohen is 5'6 3/4

Hill is 186 pounds

Cohen is 179 pounds

Last edited: