• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Taxslayer Bowl, Jan. 2 Noon, PSU vs UGA

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a photo with Franco Harris at the game. I'm glad it got competitive at the end of the game. We are...Penn State

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a photo with Franco Harris at the game. I'm glad it got competitive at the end of the game. We are...Penn State

Franco is awesome, have run into him a bunch of times locally, got a picture with him last year as well. He's a big guy, can't imagine trying to tackle him in his prime when DL were about his size

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice bowl name. wtf. We have too many bowls.

This one has actually been around since the 60's as the Gator Bowl, Taxslayer Gator Bowl was the name until 2014 when they dropped the Gator Bowl from behind the sponsor name

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
linebackeru said:
This one has actually been around since the 60's as the Gator Bowl, Taxslayer Gator Bowl was the name until 2014 when they dropped the Gator Bowl from behind the sponsor name

No. Here's the story. The Gator Bowl it has been held continuously since 1946. TaxSlayer.com, a tax-preparation company, became the title sponsor in 2011, and in 2014 the company struck a new six-year deal with Gator Bowl Sports to rename the bowl the TaxSlayer Bowl beginning in 2015. I think this name sucks, but I'll get with the program I guess.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's awesome!!!

I'm glad it got competitive too and I actually had a lot of fun. Felt a lot of PSU pride there

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome!!!

I'm glad it got competitive too and I actually had a lot of fun. Felt a lot of PSU pride there

Despite it being 70% Georgia fans. I had a blast. Damn it was cold though. 5yrs ago when I lived in Northern Virginia that would have been great weather but now I am a wuss living in Florida. Anything below 60 is a snow suit weather. I felt like white trash after the game picking up the PSU/Georgia cups but you wash in dishwasher and you got a great souvenir without spending $10 for the cup.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite it being 70% Georgia fans. I had a blast. Damn it was cold though. 5yrs ago when I lived in Northern Virginia that would have been great weather but now I am a wuss living in Florida. Anything below 60 is a snow suit weather. I felt like white trash after the game picking up the PSU/Georgia cups but you wash in dishwasher and you got a great souvenir without spending $10 for the cup.

That's funny, I didn't think it was cold. Lol. I also thought there was a decent amount of PSU fans there. And its understandable of course to have more GA fans when GA is so close. Was nice to see the PSU players and fans stay so into the game until the end. The GA fans around me were definitely nervous after they neglected to kick the FG at the end. Good times, just hoping the next bowl game I can go to is a win. :)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franco Harris's wife told me off a little bit. LOL

I thought it was a group photo for everyone to take a picture with Franco. Little did I know I was photo bombing someone's special moment. Mrs. Harris told me "are you with this lady taking the photo", I said no mam. She replied "then wait your turn". Then she said "Franco over her with this woman". I waited my turn and got my picture. :D

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my gosh, really? Lol..what happened?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franco Harris's wife told me off a little bit. LOL

I thought it was a group photo for everyone to take a picture with Franco. Little did I know I was photo bombing someone's special moment. Mrs. Harris told me "are you with this lady taking the photo", I said no mam. She replied "then wait your turn". Then she said "Franco over her with this woman". I waited my turn and got my picture. :D

Haha, Mrs Franco laying it down. He's always good to meet, will talk for hours, especially about Joe or the Steelers teams he was on. Remember one of my first games I ever had sideline passes for, I was standing between him and Lynn Swann (who was still in broadcasting at the time) BS'ing about the 70's Steelers for about a half hour prior to kickoff.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
linebackeru said:

No. Here's the story. The Gator Bowl it has been held continuously since 1946. TaxSlayer.com, a tax-preparation company, became the title sponsor in 2011, and in 2014 the company struck a new six-year deal with Gator Bowl Sports to rename the bowl the TaxSlayer Bowl beginning in 2015. I think this name sucks, but I'll get with the program I guess.

I think that's basically what I said, but I do agree, am sick of these sponsor names. WTF, the battlefrog Fiesta bowl, what the hell is Battlefrog?? I miss the good old days of Orange, Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, cotton, Citrus,Holiday, Bluebonnet, etc.

Ironically, our game with Miami for the National title was the first game to feature a corporate sponsor with Sunkist

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my gosh, really? Lol..what happened?

What happened? I did what ever she said. I said "yes mam" and moved over and waited. When it was my turn my sons babysitter and I got our picture with Franco.

Attachments

• Franco.png
    Franco.png
    410 KB · Views: 34