• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tavon Austin

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like this move. He seems to fill the Switzer/ Whitehead package well.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan says "HOLD MY BEER!!"

That almost caused coffee to spray from my nose.

Anyone who says that this offense can't do two things over and over again expecting different results hasn't been paying attention.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like this move. He seems to fill the Switzer/ Whitehead package well.
Switzer was the one pick last year that I just didn't understand on draft day and I never felt like he was going to be much of a player here. He was just too inconsistent on returns and I'm not sure how he was going to get any snaps on Offense. I wish him well with the Raiders.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is no doubt he was a huge bust and a horrible move as a first round pick for the Rams. That's water under the bridge at this point and not part of what we are trying to decide. The Question for Dallas is: is he worth a 6th round pick, can he make the roster as a STs player and specialty Offensive guy? If he can its a good move. We have a huge need for a guy with ability in space out of the backfield. That sure seems to be him. A few touches a game on Offense and playing STs is my hope and I think there is a good chance he can do it. We will find out soon. But the cost wasn't very high so IMO it was a risk I'm glad we took.

He's got talent/speed. Maybe just needs a change of scenery..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got talent/speed. Maybe just needs a change of scenery..
And maybe just lower expectations. Garrett is not going to stand for him fumbling punts. But, on Offense I think we are going to be happy with him getting a 2 or 3 touches per game and probably playing about 10-15% of the plays.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea he had over 1,000 yrds rushing for his career. I see him as a game planning nightmare for other teams especially if we can get a little creative with him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea he had over 1,000 yrds rushing for his career. I see him as a game planning nightmare for other teams especially if we can get a little creative with him.
I won't pretend to know as much about him as a Ram fan, but I saw a guy against us that could help an NFL team and provide a skill set this team sorely needs

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong bit I think cutting Dez will hurt more than most think. Say what you want about him but he was still drawing a lot of double coverage. I don't think anyone in the current group is going to warrant that which means they can single cover everyone and stack the box against Zeke.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I am afraid losing Dez is going to gum up the works with the offense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong bit I think cutting Dez will hurt more than most think. Say what you want about him but he was still drawing a lot of double coverage. I don't think anyone in the current group is going to warrant that which means they can single cover everyone and stack the box against Zeke.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I am afraid losing Dez is going to gum up the works with the offense.

I tend to agree here and now maybe losing Wit too. We will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he really did not draw double coverage last year. Most teams played him straight up one on one. Beasley was actually doubled some last year which, while crazy sounding, basically just highlighted how other teams felt they could handle all of our other receivers one on one including Dez. As to the rest of your comments you definitely could end up right, but at least we have $25M more to spend while we are finding out. Hopefully we made the right call and seeing his comments after the fact led me to believe we did

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so. Last season teams stopped doubling Dez and they doubled Bease and Witten.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the addition of Austin. Austin i's the most dangerous player to take over what Dunbar and Whitehead did. Austin is fast AF. I also like the addition of Thompson whom is also very fast. I do not think Dak is good at the deep ball. Mike White has a cannon of an arm and likely pushes Cooper Rush.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he really did not draw double coverage last year. Most teams played him straight up one on one. Beasley was actually doubled some last year which, while crazy sounding, basically just highlighted how other teams felt they could handle all of our other receivers one on one including Dez. As to the rest of your comments you definitely could end up right, but at least we have $25M more to spend while we are finding out. Hopefully we made the right call and seeing his comments after the fact led me to believe we did
I don't think so. Last season teams stopped doubling Dez and they doubled Bease and Witten.

Well, if I am wrong about the double coverage thing... maybe it won't mean much.