• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank the season

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only other time I advocated for this was during 2002 season. Marvin is a lame duck. He has to go. Need a disaster of a season...their 50th anniversary season has to bring about change.

Marvin has to find a semblance of pride and just walk away. The message is stale and lost, much like the offense. Season ticket sales have to be nosediving. Only an infusion of fresh ideas and message will get this back on track. They missed the boat on Hue Jackson and Vance Joesph.

This is bad and shouldn't be this bad. We all have lost steam rooting for this team. I am numb to it all. I don't want to hear Marvin giggle and be dismissive to his customers anymore.

I don't want them to string together meaningless wins at the end of the season. Just shit the bed and clean house. Mike Brown has got to want his legacy to not be no playoff wins during time as owner. Right? I don't even know anymore. I just vacantly stare at the screen waiting for the next episode of bullshit to unfold.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only other time I advocated for this was during 2002 season. Marvin is a lame duck. He has to go. Need a disaster of a season...their 50th anniversary season has to bring about change.

Marvin has to find a semblance of pride and just walk away. The message is stale and lost, much like the offense. Season ticket sales have to be nosediving. Only an infusion of fresh ideas and message will get this back on track. They missed the boat on Hue Jackson and Vance Joesph.

This is bad and shouldn't be this bad. We all have lost steam rooting for this team. I am numb to it all. I don't want to hear Marvin giggle and be dismissive to his customers anymore.

I don't want them to string together meaningless wins at the end of the season. Just shit the bed and clean house. Mike Brown has got to want his legacy to not be no playoff wins during time as owner. Right? I don't even know anymore. I just vacantly stare at the screen waiting for the next episode of bullshit to unfold.

I don't live in Cincinnati anymore. What's the attitude like there? I can't believe that many people are interested in following this garbage. NFL ratings in general are trending downwards..... There are a lot of good high school teams in Ohio and college is always a draw. We haven't drafted a new (and likable) star in years. Everyone already owns an AJ Green jersey, so it's not like we're going to move any jerseys.

The current team never recovered from the Pittsburgh implosion and I don't think they will until they reboot.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a great QB draft. A good percentage of the starting QBs in the league are in the twilight of their career.

I'm not quite ready to write off this season yet, but if this is the start of a 2010 style implosion that pick is going to be worth more than the RGIII deal.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are on our way to tanking the season.

the 2 teams that beat us are below average at best. The browns might even beat us.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't live in Cincinnati anymore. What's the attitude like there? I can't believe that many people are interested in following this garbage. NFL ratings in general are trending downwards..... There are a lot of good high school teams in Ohio and college is always a draw. We haven't drafted a new (and likable) star in years. Everyone already owns an AJ Green jersey, so it's not like we're going to move any jerseys.

The current team never recovered from the Pittsburgh implosion and I don't think they will until they reboot.

The attitude is still the same, bro. The games are an excuse to get drunk and act like a fool.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attitude is still the same, bro. The games are an excuse to get drunk and act like a fool.

Yeah, I stopped liking to attend live NFL games due to these drunken idiots....And they aint going anywhere. But I can't imagine working folks that used to save some extra cash to take their kids wanting to blow their money on this garbage.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I stopped liking to attend live NFL games due to these drunken idiots....And they aint going anywhere. But I can't imagine working folks that used to save some extra cash to take their kids wanting to blow their money on this garbage.

Who can afford to blow that much money for a family event when it is not considered a vacation?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do y'all even remember what a Touchdown looks like?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure do. We had one last night, they just took it away from us, as they should have.

Marvin doesn't like TD's though, because we believe in winning field position, punting and kicking FG's. Even with 6 seconds in the half and inside the 15 of the Texans, we opted to just kick the FG instead of take one last chance at the end zone. He has no stomach for this game. He is weak and timid. Plays it safe too much. Need a coach willing to take some calculated chances, especially when the team is struggling to find itself.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooh look a Steelers and Yankees fan. You must be so lucky to root for such great franchises.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh look a Steelers and Yankees fan. You must be so lucky to root for such great franchises.

So are we pretending that the Yankees haven't sucked ass since 2009? Not everyone is a homer like you and just roots for whoever is in Cincy haha

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to it. So they can draft another bust in the secondary or the O-Line lol.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we pretending that the Yankees haven't sucked ass since 2009? Not everyone is a homer like you and just roots for whoever is in Cincy haha

The Yankees have been the playoffs 4 times since 2009. That's more times than not you jackass. And yes, most people end up rooting for the teams from their home town rather than picking their team by looking at the standings in the newspaper. But carry on.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens "below average" this season? Me thinks not...But hey, give us a call when you win a playoff game....

The Ravens stink. They're better than the Bengals, but they stink. I suppose it's possible that B-More will sneak in as a 6th seed in a comically top-heavy AFC, but the won't do anything else.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees have been the playoffs 4 times since 2009. That's more times than not you jackass. And yes, most people end up rooting for the teams from their home town rather than picking their team by looking at the standings in the newspaper. But carry on.

So making the playoffs is all there is to baseball? There is no winning the division or winning a playoff series? We've won 2 playoff series in the last 7 years and missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. Not good. Also, I'll give you a history lesson about myself instead of the whole assuming thing you got going on here.

I grew up in NY so that's why I root for the Yankees. I root for the Steelers because in 1995, when the Steelers and Cowboys played in the Super Bowl, I was 7 and everyone at the gathering I was with my parents at were rooting for the Cowboys. So, I decided that I would do the opposite and root for the Steelers. The rest is history. Not my fault they are both possibly the best franchises of their respective sports. :-) The More You Know...the less you assume.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So making the playoffs is all there is to baseball? There is no winning the division or winning a playoff series? We've won 2 playoff series in the last 7 years and missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. Not good. Also, I'll give you a history lesson about myself instead of the whole assuming thing you got going on here.

I grew up in NY so that's why I root for the Yankees. I root for the Steelers because in 1995, when the Steelers and Cowboys played in the Super Bowl, I was 7 and everyone at the gathering I was with my parents at were rooting for the Cowboys. So, I decided that I would do the opposite and root for the Steelers. The rest is history. Not my fault they are both possibly the best franchises of their respective sports. :-) The More You Know...the less you assume.

Just about any baseball fan of any franchise would be happy with 4 playoff appearences in the past 7 years. Particularly when they won a series in the last decade. It's only Yankees fans and Red Sox fans that feel differently. And most of them weren't fans when the two franchises actually went through rough times.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about any baseball fan of any franchise would be happy with 4 playoff appearences in the past 7 years. Particularly when they won a series in the last decade. It's only Yankees fans and Red Sox fans that feel differently. And most of them weren't fans when the two franchises actually went through rough times.

Sorry, we hold our franchises to higher standards.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, we hold our franchises to higher standards.

What does that even mean? Does that mean you'll stop rooting for the Yankees if they lose too many years in a row? How does a fan hold a team to higher standards? The only way to do it would be to drop the team if they didn't meet your standards.

That's pretty much the definition of a bandwagon fan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that even mean? Does that mean you'll stop rooting for the Yankees if they lose too many years in a row? How does a fan hold a team to higher standards? The only way to do it would be to drop the team if they didn't meet your standards.

That's pretty much the definition of a bandwagon fan.

I know you can't understand this but I'll try to explain anyway. Higher standards means that we aren't okay with mediocrity. If our team sucks, we don't accept moral victories. We accept ACTUAL victories. +1 in the W column. Noone stops rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox if they aren't successful, but there's no denying the truth that with the rich history of the Yankees, missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years is not good enough.