• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TAMU to be USC's new permanent West opponent.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO) -- South Carolina will apparently play Texas A&M as its future permanent cross-division SEC opponent in football.

South Carolina president Harris Pastides told our Rob Brennan that A&M seems like the only option for a permanent cross-divisional rival in football. The Gamecocks have always played Arkansas as its cross-divisional opponent from the west.

"Arkansas is a long way off. Arkansas and Missouri have kind of buddied up because they are neighboring states and wanted to play each other," Pastides said. "That left the opportunity for us to think about Texas A&M, I'd love to know what the fans think."

Pastides went on to say an official announcement on this issue will be in about one to two weeks. But is very confident, the Aggies and Gamecocks will become future SEC rivals.

"If all goes the way I think it will, we'll probably be swapping Arkansas for Texas A&M in the fall," said Pastides.

A&M May Be Gamecocks SEC Cross-Rival | ABC Columbia | Sports

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course......it's the only thing they can do. let the 4 noobs play each other, but not stick A&M and Mizzou together

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: they got tired of losing to Arky, so the short-sighted fans decided to lobby for a switch. They probably think it'll get them a foothold in Texas recruiting :pound:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course......it's the only thing they can do. let the 4 noobs play each other, but not stick A&M and Mizzou together

They can solve the rivalry issue by putting Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia in the same division. That way they'll still play annually and can eliminate the permanent cross division rivalries.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can solve the rivalry issue by putting Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia in the same division. That way they'll still play annually and can eliminate the permanent cross division rivalries.

I would support this. How would you divide the rest? Just trade LSU and Arky to the East for UGA and Tenn, leave the Missies, Vandy and UK alone and split the 2 noobs?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: they got tired of losing to Arky, so the short-sighted fans decided to lobby for a switch. They probably think it'll get them a foothold in Texas recruiting :pound:

For me A&M is just another fucking Clemson.
I went to grad school at Texas. :L

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would support this. How would you divide the rest? Just trade LSU and Arky to the East for UGA and Tenn, leave the Missies, Vandy and UK alone and split the 2 noobs?

Or trade Vandy and Mizzou for Bama and Auburn. Nashville is farther west than Auburn and nearly as far as Tuscaloosa.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or trade Vandy and Mizzou for Bama and Auburn. Nashville is farther west than Auburn and nearly as far as Tuscaloosa.

Good geographic fit, but that would be a pretty tough East (Bama, AU, UGA, UF, USC, UTenn, uk) and a pretty weak West (LSU, ARK, A&M, 3 missies, vandy).
Might need to go more "Legends and Leaders" style (with better names) to balance things. Hmmm.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good geographic fit, but that would be a pretty tough East (Bama, AU, UGA, UF, USC, UTenn, uk) and a pretty weak West (LSU, ARK, A&M, 3 missies, vandy).
Might need to go more "Legends and Leaders" style (with better names) to balance things. Hmmm.

Yeah, I think that may be the route we're going.