• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tampa Bay Lightning Ongoing Buzz Thread

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Some league executives think the Lightning better get Steven Stamkos signed before the trade deadline or they are going to have a hard time re-signing him.
“(After Feb. 29) you have to think his agent will be telling him to test the market,” said one executive Friday.
Talk is that the Lightning haven’t made an offer to Stamkos, but both sides are keeping talks quiet.

I think this is good news that an offer has not yet to tabled, It's not as if Stamkos is turning down offers. They continue to talk and hopefully they will be able to hammer out a deal.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to think of it but this is Stamkos last year in Tampa. He wants a big contract with a big market team ( LA , NY, or Toronto , Montreal. Some where that can afford to pay him big bucks. If Gretzky could leave Edmonton , Stamkos could leave Tampa. We cant afford Stammer and all the raises for the other guys.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer this goes the more I think yzerman lets stamkos walk to fa! If you really think about this more it would solve our salary cap problems down the road. Plus it gives yzerman options to add more guys they need in fa. Good news would be we could resign the triplets, Hedman and bishop again easy.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mix feelings upon this one guys. Stamkos is an awesome 2 way player, he helps the D a lot! He is also a great sniper, lacking a great passer like he had with MSL here. I really don't like the idea of him leaving but would understand if it is his wishes. As far as providing more cap room, yes. I really don't see head injury Harry the answer in net and here is why. 1) injury prone, it's not a matter of if he gets injured it's more when he gets injured 2) he's 5-4-2 currently and really not looking like an elite. His 5 hole, you can sometimes fit a bus through. 3) sorry to say this, but he's American. Not the same level of pride, hard work, etcetera that net-minders from other countries have.
I think we need the other net-minders to see more NHL games. 5-4-2 is nothing to be proud of guys. And losing by 1 a lot tells me something!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stamkos will re-sign, this is a big deal for both sides and both sides are trying to get the best deal for their respective sides and I think they will eventually agree upon a deal in and around New Year.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vasi in net is a good idea, it will give Bishop a much needed rest.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is good to see you guys! I hope all of you and your families are well! Seriously, it would surprise me if Stamkos stays. I really think they need to sit Bishop down and give the boys a chance in net! Bishop is a .500 net-minder just waiting to be hurt, in my opinion.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is good to see you guys! I hope all of you and your families are well! Seriously, it would surprise me if Stamkos stays. I really think they need to sit Bishop down and give the boys a chance in net! Bishop is a .500 net-minder just waiting to be hurt, in my opinion.

Nice to have your back ISR!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would be shocked if stamkos resigned I think he wants toronto and a new start. yzerman has been know that he wants depth on his teams and paying stamkos his deal won't provide that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys, not sure where to introduce myself.

I'm mostly here to do Mock Drafts but I'm a big time Bolts Fan. Tough loss vs Nashville but two of the best teams and us missing Vasy it doesn't hurt so bad.