• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Seattle Seahawks

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will be good as ne, before they have to play a playoff team. In the mean time enjoy eating the Seahawks dust.

C'mon... if they're blowing teams out of the water, then I'd probably say something like that, but they haven't and the match up coming up next month will be crucial. Besides, he wasn't even trolling. :noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what is happening to the Colts right now we really should feel lucky to have come out with a win. Colts are down 18 with only the 4th quarter to go. They too got off to a really bad start against a sub par team and their road back to a win might be more impressive if it happens than what happened to us today.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two views of the punt return:
645_1383536476.gif

645_1383536515.gif

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what is happening to the Colts right now we really should feel lucky to have come out with a win. Colts are down 18 with only the 4th quarter to go. They too got off to a really bad start against a sub par team and their road back to a win might be more impressive if it happens than what happened to us today.

The Colts could be doing what we did today.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pull it off it's more impressive than ours considering Texas isn't winless and they are on the road instead of at home. Still these don't happen that often in football.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I had a good laugh out of that. Look Tate was all over the place. :laugh3:

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pull it off it's more impressive than ours considering Texas isn't winless and they are on the road instead of at home. Still these don't happen that often in football.

And man the Colts actually managed to pull it off! That is very impressive by the Colts. They look like a true contender in the AFC.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin just gives us another explosive play capability that we currently do not have. Getting both of our starting OT back and moving the really crappy replacement tackle back to where he is better than who took his spot at guard will be huge. Getting two guys back off of injury fixes three positions on the O line.

As for the run defense that of course has us concerned and it should. However we haven't been known as a stout run defense as it is. They have their games where they are lights out and those where you scratch your head. It was a concern going into the year, but they have played so many different combos on the D line due to injury and suspension. Gore and AP have to be worrisome. The question is will getting the offense back healthy give them the missing firepower they need to overcome that run defense issue? I think most of us believe it will.

I find that the run defense baffles me. How can we hold the Cards to 30 rushing yards all game a few weeks ago and then let no name running backs like Zac Stacy and Mike James run for 150 yards against us? I heard some analysis after the game that mentioned maybe the Hawks have too much depth on the D-Line and are substituting too often so they guys aren't getting in a rhythm? I think that is an interesting take on it. I don't really keep track of how often the Hawks sub on the D-Line so I can't really say if that is a major factor or not. I still think Mebane and Bryant are great at stopping the run so I don't know why we are getting run over these past few games. Hopefully, these past two games are just outliers and not a trend for our run D.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comeback win for the Hawks yesterday. Wish Lynch would have found the endzone though

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that the run defense baffles me. How can we hold the Cards to 30 rushing yards all game a few weeks ago and then let no name running backs like Zac Stacy and Mike James run for 150 yards against us? I heard some analysis after the game that mentioned maybe the Hawks have too much depth on the D-Line and are substituting too often so they guys aren't getting in a rhythm? I think that is an interesting take on it. I don't really keep track of how often the Hawks sub on the D-Line so I can't really say if that is a major factor or not. I still think Mebane and Bryant are great at stopping the run so I don't know why we are getting run over these past few games. Hopefully, these past two games are just outliers and not a trend for our run D.
Stacy ran for 127 and a pair of TD's yesterday. Yes it was the Titans but still, he may be a legit RB in this league.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacy ran for 127 and a pair of TD's yesterday. Yes it was the Titans but still, he may be a legit RB in this league.

Whether Stacy or James are legit backs or not, the Seahawks have to play run D a hell of a lot better than they've been playing it for the last two games. They've held better, more established running backs/running attacks to less this year, so I'm hesitant to suggest that they just got run over by legit backs two weeks in a row. The Rams and Bucs saw something that they could exploit and they exploited the crap out of it. Now the Seahawks have to figure out what that is and fix it before they go up against Adrian Peterson in a couple weeks and get gashed for 250.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Stacy or James are legit backs or not, the Seahawks have to play run D a hell of a lot better than they've been playing it for the last two games. They've held better, more established running backs/running attacks to less this year, so I'm hesitant to suggest that they just got run over by legit backs two weeks in a row. The Rams and Bucs saw something that they could exploit and they exploited the crap out of it. Now the Seahawks have to figure out what that is and fix it before they go up against Adrian Peterson in a couple weeks and get gashed for 250.
Completely agree.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Seahawks are using all of their D linemen they need to do a better job of leaving in the ones they want in run downs in enough to gel as a unit.

To me the last two weeks have been about energy. We haven't been seeing the full impact contact from the LB's and safeties that we are used to. Sure, they are getting a hit in here and there, but they have mostly looked lethargic and have had poor tackling.

I really doubt they will have any problems getting up for the games against the Vikings, 9'ers, etc. It is always a challenge to get good teams to play at full emotion against bad teams and 3 times now this year it nearly cost them a game.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you find these or did you create them yourself?

Wizard posted them but I've posted a lot of gifs from SBNation.

One critical aspect of the play and I like Tate, is he needs to transfer that ball to the
outside arm. He keeps leavin' it exposed on the inside and it's going to be ripped out.

I don't know how he snuck under o'Brien