• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talks to restore Paterno's Wins

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According the Philadelphia Inquirer, the NCAA, state officials, and Penn State are in talks of restoring Paterno's 111 wins.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA, state officials and Pennsylvania State University are in talks to reconsider the historic punishment on the school in the wake of the Sandusky sex abuse scandal, a step that could include restoring 111 wins stripped from coach Joe Paterno's record, according to people familiar with the discussions.
Also under consideration is a proposal that would leave the $60 million fine levied by the league within the state and the university, to be used for child protection.
Details of the negotiations were unclear Monday but the talks seemed designed to stave off a looming court battle and drown out a longstanding drumbeat of criticism from Penn State alumni and Paterno supporters.
It comes a month before a trial planned in Commonwealth Court over a lawsuit filed by State Treasurer Robert McCord and State Sen. Jake Corman (R., Centre) challenging the validity of the consent decree.

Revisiting the sanctions and restoring Paterno's record as the winningest coach in Division I football would be a major victory for legions of fans and Penn State supporters who have argued from the outset that he and the school was unfairly tarnished in the scandal.
Paterno's teams in State College compiled 409 wins over a half-century. He was fired by the board and later stripped of 111 wins after an internal investigation concluded he and other administrators missed or ignored signs that Jerry Sandusky, his longtime defensive assistant, was a serial p*****ile.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Time

A report came out a few minutes ago that the NCAA is considering reinstating JoePas wins. If this happen I will take to the street with joy. While Joe would still insist on worrying about the children's education; he should have never had them taken. RIP Joe and WE ARE because YOU WERE

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great minds think alike it would appear Ritz :D

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA can still go fuck itself and the horse it rode in on. How noble of them to overturn sanctions they had no right to impose in first place. Scared to death of this making the court room and in full panic now. I want to see that smug fuck Emmertt forced to assist them in putting the statue back up

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have that exactly right LBU. There is no nobility from the NCAA, they are CVTA.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like them or NOOOOOTTTTT the ncaa still has the power to control Paterno's wins. Yes it was crap what they did in the 1st place over stepping their duties but the damage is done. Now if we can get the wins back then that's huge for Paterno fans and Penn State.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like them or NOOOOOTTTTT the ncaa still has the power to control Paterno's wins. Yes it was crap what they did in the 1st place over stepping their duties but the damage is done. Now if we can get the wins back then that's huge for Paterno fans and Penn State.

The NCAA can't control shit when a court of law tells them they were out of their fucking minds, all sanctions and consent decree are null and voided including wins and opens the floodgates for lawsuits against the organization and individuals within. You really think there is ANY other reason they keep backtracking on all of this? If Joe was as guilty as they say, why the fuck would you ever consider restoring anything for one second??

I'd rather see them get beat up and everyone of them exposed in court

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the NCAA is doing some serious "back stroking" in an effort to try to undo the amazing amount of harm to Joe and his family, the university, and the folks who live in the area. Being born and raised in Bellefonte, I recall all the kind things Joe did for the area and for Emmert and the Board of Trustees to ignore all those years of dedicated service is sad. There is a special place in hell awaiting that bunch.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the NCAA is doing some serious "back stroking" in an effort to try to undo the amazing amount of harm to Joe and his family, the university, and the folks who live in the area. Being born and raised in Bellefonte, I recall all the kind things Joe did for the area and for Emmert and the Board of Trustees to ignore all those years of dedicated service is sad. There is a special place in hell awaiting that bunch.

No, they are back tracking trying to avoid being grilled in a court of law by both the Commonwealth of PA and the Paternos lawyers. They thought they could do what they wanted, complicit with the BOT and we'd just go away. Well, now they realize they are fucked. Freeh has been shredded, mounds of evidence showing collusion between BOT, Erickson, B1G, NCAA and Freeh, etc. I REALLY hope there is no settlement from either lawsuit that doesn;t include a full public chastising of everyone involved and those 2 smug fuckwads, Emmert and Freeh, on an apology tour after how proud they were to be on their soapbox slamming us.....oh yeah, PUT THE STATUE BACK

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that ESPN who let the witch hunt has not commented at all. I am not shocked but I do find it funny and so ESPN like.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that ESPN who let the witch hunt has not commented at all. I am not shocked but I do find it funny and so ESPN like.

Yeah, that dickhead Dan Patrick who was all on board the death penalty, shut em down bandwagon, is now saying Joe;'s wins should be restored. did he finally get around to actually reading that mess of a report from Freeh??

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Coach Paterno could give a rats ass about the wins.

Prior to his death, he couldn't believe people thought he was involved in hiding facts about child abuse. For a man like him, the wins would be secondary and really nothing compared to the accusations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And after the wins were restored ESPN is still not reporting it. However if PSU got in trouble for anything then it would be front page news. Still unsure why PSU gets no love.

However it's a great day. 409 and now restore the statue.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Coach Paterno could give a rats ass about the wins.

Prior to his death, he couldn't believe people thought he was involved in hiding facts about child abuse. For a man like him, the wins would be secondary and really nothing compared to the accusations.

This is spot on and why the Paternos are no way in hell dropping their lawsuit. They want the truth, not the wins.