• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talking to phillies about Burnett?

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mentioned during the game the O's are having talks with Phils for Burnett..... i would rather them talk to them about Hammels or if we are just gonna rent a player for a few months Lee.

Never really cared for Burnett in the AL East

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mentioned during the game the O's are having talks with Phils for Burnett..... i would rather them talk to them about Hammels or if we are just gonna rent a player for a few months Lee.

Never really cared for Burnett in the AL East
lee is coming off the 60 man dl . i would rather see gausman than any of the above . hammels injury past worries me alot $$$$ ??????????? if we could get anything for waldo do it .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have a problem giving up a few middling prospects but the problem is there's already 6 guys for 5 spots. If there was a clearly open spot id say definately. And theres no way they take Jimenez huge contract.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the O's aren't serious. In the past, I was a fan of bringing Burnett to Baltimore. The O's have made numerous runs at him over the years, when he was a FA and signed with Pittsburgh, and again this past off season when he was a FA and signed with Philadelphia over us. He doesn't want to be here, so we shouldn't force the issue.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the O's aren't serious. In the past, I was a fan of bringing Burnett to Baltimore. The O's have made numerous runs at him over the years, when he was a FA and signed with Pittsburgh, and again this past off season when he was a FA and signed with Philadelphia over us. He doesn't want to be here, so we shouldn't force the issue.
to me burnett is a rich starter like jason hammel .a 4 or 5 starter in other words

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the guys we've gotten rid of the past few years, the only one I can think of offhand that I would really like to come back is Koji but I know that Boston would never trade him to us.

As for AJ, I agree, I don't think he's much better than what we have at the moment so no point in giving up prospects for him.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with you guys, in NO way shape or form do we give ANY prospects for Burnett. He is a middle of the road starter and we don't need him. Plus, he didn't want to be here before anyways.