• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talk around the SEC

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post here about recruiting updates you find around the sec and ect.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith can't wait to get to Tuscaloosa

Rivals100 defensive back and Alabama 2012 commitment Geno Smith still has a semester's worth of classes to complete at St. Pius X in Atlanta. But make no mistake about it, the Crimson Tide's top target at defensive back is counting down the days.

Smith took his official visit to Alabama over the weekend, arriving on Friday and staying through early Sunday afternoon. Besides all of the good food he ate, Smith said the highlight of the trip was just meeting his future teammates.

"I got a chance to hang out with all of the players -- committed player and player who enrolled early," Smith told TideSports.com. So, I mean, it was a good bonding experience -- a good way to meet everybody and build relationships."

He spent the majority of his time with his roommate from the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Alabama commitment T.J. Yeldon.

"Yeah, yeah, he was my host this weekend," Smith said. "We went back to his room and chilled out and played video games, listened to music and just talked. We talked about college, and he told me about the workouts and said they were tough. He said in the long run we would be straight."

Smith enjoyed Chuck's Fish and The Zone on Friday and Saturday nights, respectfully, with the other official visitors. After his mom and his grandmother, who accompanied him on the visit, went to Coach Nick Saban's house with the other family members for a party complete with karaoke, Smith hung out with Yeldo and his other future teammates.

On Sunday, Smith went to Saban's house for breakfast.

"We had a chance to go down to the lake, and he told us about how we would go there for our intiation in the summer. I'm looking forward to that."

Smith said the Alabama coaching staff told him he would play the Star back as well as corner back.

"I talked to Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt today. We talked about the different terminology they've got. He told me to get ready and get prepared."

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith can't wait to get to Tuscaloosa

Rivals100 defensive back and Alabama 2012 commitment Geno Smith still has a semester's worth of classes to complete at St. Pius X in Atlanta. But make no mistake about it, the Crimson Tide's top target at defensive back is counting down the days.

Smith took his official visit to Alabama over the weekend, arriving on Friday and staying through early Sunday afternoon. Besides all of the good food he ate, Smith said the highlight of the trip was just meeting his future teammates.

"I got a chance to hang out with all of the players -- committed player and player who enrolled early," Smith told TideSports.com. So, I mean, it was a good bonding experience -- a good way to meet everybody and build relationships."

He spent the majority of his time with his roommate from the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Alabama commitment T.J. Yeldon.

"Yeah, yeah, he was my host this weekend," Smith said. "We went back to his room and chilled out and played video games, listened to music and just talked. We talked about college, and he told me about the workouts and said they were tough. He said in the long run we would be straight."

Smith enjoyed Chuck's Fish and The Zone on Friday and Saturday nights, respectfully, with the other official visitors. After his mom and his grandmother, who accompanied him on the visit, went to Coach Nick Saban's house with the other family members for a party complete with karaoke, Smith hung out with Yeldo and his other future teammates.

On Sunday, Smith went to Saban's house for breakfast.

"We had a chance to go down to the lake, and he told us about how we would go there for our intiation in the summer. I'm looking forward to that."

Smith said the Alabama coaching staff told him he would play the Star back as well as corner back.

"I talked to Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt today. We talked about the different terminology they've got. He told me to get ready and get prepared."

Good find and good kid we got coming over here.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama compared to our rivals.... Link

That site pretty much says it all -nice body of work there. I have to admit, I wasn't for the rematch due to the MNC being SEC vs SEC (and this could potentially set a precedent), but congrats on the win and good luck next season!!! :thumb:

PS: Please send Cyrus Jones packing to VT. :)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That site pretty much says it all -nice body of work there. I have to admit, I wasn't for the rematch due to the MNC being SEC vs SEC (and this could potentially set a precedent), but congrats on the win and good luck next season!!! :thumb:

PS: Please send Cyrus Jones packing to VT. :)

:lol:

Na we wanna keep him.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning on the Bill King show that Allbarn is considering the Jaquars OC to fill the vacant OC spot. All conjecture though.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning on the Bill King show that Allbarn is considering the Jaquars OC to fill the vacant OC spot. All conjecture though.

Hmm I don't think he was that good judging by the team offensive stats

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad Alabama dodged that bullet.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's VTs recruiting class coming?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kirven

VT's class is decent -- it'll be much better when we sign Korren Kirven :) .. Looking at Bama's class, I doubt you guys would lose sleep

Last edited by a moderator: