• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talk ABout Winning The Lottery..........

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why didn't they throw Hoyer in as part of the trade? Must be Hoyer's cap hit?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't they throw Hoyer in as part of the trade? Must be Hoyer's cap hit?
He was originally included in the trade, but Iv'e seen two reasons for him being taken out. One is that if Hoyer was cut, he could collect the rest of his Niner salary AND receive his new Pats salary on top of it. The other reason I've seen is that the pats asked that he be removed from the trade b/c acquiring Hoyer at this point in the season could've cost the Pats one or more of the comp picks they have coming.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was originally included in the trade, but Iv'e seen two reasons for him being taken out. One is that if Hoyer was cut, he could collect the rest of his Niner salary AND receive his new Pats salary on top of it. The other reason I've seen is that the pats asked that he be removed from the trade b/c acquiring Hoyer at this point in the season could've cost the Pats one or more of the comp picks they have coming.

The loss of comp picks is the reason I keep hearing about

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is making a lot more money. Getting money from both teams
I heard that the Patriots demanded that the 49ers release Hoyer as part of the deal to get Garapolo. Somehow that seems against the rules, but its the only thing that makes sense. Why would the 49ers not keep Hoyer as the backup until Garapolo was ready. Now they have no one if Beathard gets hurt; which is a very distinct possibility with this O Line.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that the Patriots demanded that the 49ers release Hoyer as part of the deal to get Garapolo. Somehow that seems against the rules, but its the only thing that makes sense. Why would the 49ers not keep Hoyer as the backup until Garapolo was ready. Now they have no one if Beathard gets hurt; which is a very distinct possibility with this O Line.

According to reports, if the Patriots accepted Hoyer as part of trade they would lose a comp pick so the requested that he be released first which the 49ers must have agreed to. It wasn't explained why would affect a comp pick and I don't understand it

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kinda explains it

Patriots-49ers: Brian Hoyer originally part of Jimmy Garoppolo trade, but yanked because of compensatory draft picks

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3