• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taking a Step Back and Changing Views

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my deal in that game especially was reid the mad scientist. There was no reason to throw the ball up there so often, the bucs in that game were totally out manned on offense. If we run tge ball they could not out score us, yet reid needed to outsmart himself...again.

And if you recall.. Bill Belichick himself said about the 2004 SB game, he couldn't believe Reid didn't run the ball more because he didn't have the personnel to stop it.

And if you go to the NFCC CAR game, a lot of people thought Runyan was going to get cut or traded that offseason because he was visibility seen arguing with Reid on the sidelines to let them run the ball more. We should have won that CAR game more than any of them imho.

This was nothing new to the TB game. That was classic Reid.

And then in 2005, after a successful 2004 season (where we should have had a ring) TO was actually on pace to BREAK his 2004 franchise record setting stats. But we were losing, and thus more was put on TO and he was benched. He still performed. But Reid had INCREASED the passing something like 25% even above the already most pass happy offense of it's time. He made it predictable!!! And any scheme, that is predictable will fail, no matter what talent you have.

It was NEVER about Mcnabb's ability, and the TO experiment showed that Reid would have still found a way to lose with more talent, because he never adjusted to what was going on, on the field. This is why I NEVER bought into the notion that Reid was a great coach. He was not. He was majorly flawed, that always rode a solid defense he inherited. Something he did in KC as well. Reid was one of the best QB coaches in the league, but would have never made it as a HC if he had become an OC first.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb never threw picks in the regular season and always threw picks in the postseason. He couldn't hack it.

you always had a blind bias hatred for McNabb

2004 playoffs.... 7 TD's only 3 INT's.
2006 playoffs... Peyton manning "WINS" SB with only 3 TD's..and 7 INT's over 1 less game even!!!!!

you always put it all on McNabb's and ignored the huge impact of Reid on this. Belichick rarely stays anything negative about someone else - but stated he was puzzled why Reid didn't run it more when he didn't have the personnel to stop it. Because Reid didn't ever react to what is going on, IN THE GAME! And McNabb had absolute crap to throw to prior to TO. What a shock - once given TO - he set "franchise" records!!

Your blame, on this topic, was always off based and still is.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever way you slice it, love him or hate him, he was one of the best Eagles in franchise history. McNabb frustrated me a times like everyone else here, but he was part of a lot of winning seasons that can't be overlooked.

Reid is just as much to blame for what went wrong in the McNabb era, for his ineptitude to replenish the defensive talent after JJ passed, to NEVER running the ball with any purpose, only to be used as a decoy to his pass game, and the decision to make Juan Castillo the DC was both unforgivable and embarrassing.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, to me the most painful moment in Eagles history will always be the NFC title game loss to Tampa Bay. That was our year IMO. We had the best team in football, a stacked veteran defense, a great special teams unit, and a flawed but decent offense with a good offensive line.

We should have run a lot more in that game than we did.

2002 was the year we should have won it all, and we laid an egg against a team in the NFCCG that we had beaten physically and psychologically in the years before. Still breaks my heart that we lost that game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always had a blind bias hatred for McNabb

2004 playoffs.... 7 TD's only 3 INT's.
2006 playoffs... Peyton manning "WINS" SB with only 3 TD's..and 7 INT's over 1 less game even!!!!!

you always put it all on McNabb's and ignored the huge impact of Reid on this. Belichick rarely stays anything negative about someone else - but stated he was puzzled why Reid didn't run it more when he didn't have the personnel to stop it. Because Reid didn't ever react to what is going on, IN THE GAME! And McNabb had absolute crap to throw to prior to TO. What a shock - once given TO - he set "franchise" records!!

Your blame, on this topic, was always off based and still is.

2004 Super Bowl after playing chumps the entire way through the NFC playoffs... 3 fucking INTERCEPTIONS!

He threw a pick to Rodney Harrison, it got called back so then he threw a pick to Rodney Harrison again!

You are talking out your ass. We couldn't run at all in the Super Bowl and we should have run less and thrown it to TO more. Branch had more catches than TO and TO was unstoppable in that game. We already wasted too many plays on worthless runs in that game. Your ass would have lost by more.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2004 Super Bowl after playing chumps the entire way through the NFC playoffs... 3 fucking INTERCEPTIONS!

He threw a pick to Rodney Harrison, it got called back so then he threw a pick to Rodney Harrison again!

You are talking out your ass. We couldn't run at all in the Super Bowl and we should have run less and thrown it to TO more. Branch had more catches than TO and TO was unstoppable in that game. We already wasted too many plays on worthless runs in that game. Your ass would have lost by more.

your right... what does belichick know.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never wear my McNabb jersey again and will probably give it to my dad at some point as a joke.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. There is the contradicting opinion I was wondering if I would get. Nicely played, Roy!

It's funny...it's been a few weeks and I see it in the closet and could care less. Not that I wear jersies at all anymore.

I just know it won't reach TOs jersies fate. Which included a little feces, lighter fluid and fire. Lol

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. There is the contradicting opinion I was wondering if I would get. Nicely played, Roy!

It's funny...it's been a few weeks and I see it in the closet and could care less. Not that I wear jersies at all anymore.

I just know it won't reach TOs jersies fate. Which included a little feces, lighter fluid and fire. Lol

exactly!! because who needs a player that in his first year was so instrumental to getting us to the SB, set franchise records, and allowed the QB to set franchise records as well. Piss on him!! Being an underdog is more the philly way.

I still have my mcnabb Jersey and my TO jersey. I don't wear either one either, and can't really see doing it anytime soon either. But great memories from both. Both keepers.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly!! because who needs a player that in his first year was so instrumental to getting us to the SB, set franchise records, and allowed the QB to set franchise records as well. Piss on him!! Being an underdog is more the philly way.

I still have my mcnabb Jersey and my TO jersey. I don't wear either one either, and can't really see doing it anytime soon either. But great memories from both. Both keepers.

You mean who needs a tremendous talent but utterly narcissistic douche who poisoned and divided a lockeroom purely due to his own selfish needs? Yeah. Total keeper.

But I do get what you're saying about good memories on the field....for a season anyway

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don't think I will ever wear a McNabb jersey either--never did. But I think it is not hard to look back on his era and think of what might have been, if the coach got him some receivers and ran it more. He was good enough to win with, no doubt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me and my buddy lit his TO jersey on fire. TO >>>>>>> mcnabb

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don't think I will ever wear a McNabb jersey either--never did. But I think it is not hard to look back on his era and think of what might have been, if the coach got him some receivers and ran it more. He was good enough to win with, no doubt.

Lots of doubt. Too bad Andy tied himself to that fraud.