• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tablet Question

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been waiting a long time for Klipsch to develop a wireless speaker that suited my needs, now I can donate the old Klipsch. So now that I am ordering the speakers I need a tablet, I currently have an iPod Classic downloaded my CD collection and some iTunes in total about 6,000 songs. I need a tablet as the iPod classic is not bluetooth, or WiFi capable. Do I need to buy an iPad to work with iTunes are there other options? I won't use this tablet for anything other than music so I really do not want to drop a lot of cash. Can anyone suggest options?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been waiting a long time for Klipsch to develop a wireless speaker that suited my needs, now I can donate the old Klipsch. So now that I am ordering the speakers I need a tablet, I currently have an iPod Classic downloaded my CD collection and some iTunes in total about 6,000 songs. I need a tablet as the iPod classic is not bluetooth, or WiFi capable. Do I need to buy an iPad to work with iTunes are there other options? I won't use this tablet for anything other than music so I really do not want to drop a lot of cash. Can anyone suggest options?

6000 songs ? That's a whole lot of music.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked out Klipsch speakers, sound fantastic, but expensive.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd recommend finding some software that can pull all of your songs off of your iPod so you can use them on any device and they're all backed up in case anything happens to it (lost/broken). If you end up getting a tablet with a microSD slot you can find one that will easily accommodate your entire library and more for pretty cheap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6000 songs ? That's a whole lot of music.
Yeah I took the old CD collection added that, then just kept buying from iTunes. It's a lot but I pretty much listen to music all day.

Just checked out Klipsch speakers, sound fantastic, but expensive.
They are expensive I had a set of Klipsch KG4 for years 20+ when they started getting to out of shape to use. I wanted a wireless option but didn't want to settle for something I did not want, so I waited Klipsch out. Other companies entered the wireless market well before Klipsch but I know what I want and I am to old to settle, There are no pockets in my coffin.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd recommend finding some software that can pull all of your songs off of your iPod so you can use them on any device and they're all backed up in case anything happens to it (lost/broken). If you end up getting a tablet with a microSD slot you can find one that will easily accommodate your entire library and more for pretty cheap.

The wife did just that, and put some of the music on her tablet which is not an apple it's a android based unit. I went to new egg and I see some that accommodate microSD slot that have been refurbished for under $200.00. As I stated this will be for music only so I won't drop a lot of cash seeing I am dropping a lot on the speakers.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife did just that, and put some of the music on her tablet which is not an apple it's a android based unit. I went to new egg and I see some that accommodate microSD slot that have been refurbished for under $200.00. As I stated this will be for music only so I won't drop a lot of cash seeing I am dropping a lot on the speakers.
You could get a lower end tablet for under $200.

Asus - ZenPad 10 - 10.1" - Tablet - 16GB - Rose gold

I know someone who just got that. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the small space bar for typing when you break out the keyboard but I think that is something I could get used to if I owned it.

I've been looking at upgrading my tablet too but I haven't quite found the one I really want yet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could get a lower end tablet for under $200.

Asus - ZenPad 10 - 10.1" - Tablet - 16GB - Rose gold

I know someone who just got that. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the small space bar for typing when you break out the keyboard but I think that is something I could get used to if I owned it.

I've been looking at upgrading my tablet too but I haven't quite found the one I really want yet.
That may be a great option for me, as I said I will use it only for music I can add a card, my son has an Asus Laptop and loves it, it's under $200.00 and I have got a lot of BestBuy reward points. That may be the one I get. Thanks.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be a great option for me, as I said I will use it only for music I can add a card, my son has an Asus Laptop and loves it, it's under $200.00 and I have got a lot of BestBuy reward points. That may be the one I get. Thanks.
If you do end up going to Best Buy for it have them find out what the largest size of microSD it can take. Some can recognize larger ones than others but I think it may be a pretty good fit. I think a 64GB microSD would be plenty for your needs because it leaves enough to add on to your library without worrying about space in the future. If you do want to go larger I bought a 128GB microSD a few weeks ago for a little over $40 off of Amazon which isn't too bad.