• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t2017-2018 Nebrasketball Bullshit Thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tell me why we should wait in line? Do you really think Duke and North Carolina and Villanova Arizona and teams like that don't have contingency plans for the next 5 years for basketball coaches? If you think those programs are not scouting the youngest hottest talent in the country at the high school level to become college basketball coaches you are out of your mind. Programs like that that have one want to sustain winning and programs like us need to get on board with that. Basketball is not going away at Nebraska so why should we have to dick around with it why can't we be good at basketball baseball football hockey whatever the hell sport we want. And don't give me that tradition bullshit
because nobody has tradition untill they have it. And I am all for buying our way to get some fucking winning tradition in our basketball program

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay someone else the $2,000,000/year and see what they can do with a $191,000,000 arena and it's sellout crowds.
sMiles has had his opportunity.

We'll be revisiting the subject next season. As has been the case many times over the years here, some of you take a bit longer to acknowledge mediocrity.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the reasons RA said about our WL being bloated. Tim being a sub .500 Coach after 6 years.

Now that I think about it J (Lady J) we should bury our heads in the sand and Hope to God we could eek out a .500 for the next 6 years with the greatest facilities and fans in the country to a basketball coach who will probably be making close to 3 million dollars a year at that point. Tim Miles is the Kirk Ferentz a Big Ten basketball. You say you don't want to throw money away or throw money at the problem will what the hell is throwing money at someone who can not get us to win the big ten in a extremely bad year for the conference while Nebraska has arguably the best team they've ever had.

Just because the Big 10 was down this year doesn’t mean that we should have beat out the likes of Purdue, Sparty, Michigan, and Ohio State.....all of which have more talent and WAY more experience than we do this season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys this....

If Kansas built a magnificent football stadium and got some rich donors to throw a bunch of money in to build the best football facilities in the country, how long do you think it would take before they became relevant in College Football?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys this....

If Kansas built a magnificent football stadium and got some rich donors to throw a bunch of money in to build the best football facilities in the country, how long do you think it would take before they became relevant in College Football?

More than 6 years. It's a long climb out of that hole.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meeting is this week

Miles could very well walk out of an extension isn’t offered.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Lue to figure it his health before anything else

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 6 years. It's a long climb out of that hole.

Yea I’m thinking maybe 10-15 years.

Reason I ask that question is.....in reality Nebraska is to Basketball what Kansas is to Football.

We are the only team from a major conference......the ONLY team....to have never won a tournament game.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kansas hire Frost in that deal? Remember when Kansas had a bunch of 5-star recruits last year if they had the right coaching they could have kept and plus they're in the same 500 mile radius as we are

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay I don't understand your argument you want us to wait around more? What do you think the solution is given 500 Coach more time were you for keeping Mike Riley around I don't understand what you're trying to say here we shouldn't be trying to raise the bar? The world moves too fast for anybody to sit around especially when you have the means to make positive changes

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay someone else the $2,000,000/year and see what they can do with a $191,000,000 arena and it's sellout crowds.
sMiles has had his opportunity.

We'll be revisiting the subject next season. As has been the case many times over the years here, some of you take a bit longer to acknowledge mediocrity.

I hope that wasn't directed at me? I'm not advocating for the retention of Miles. He has been underachieving long enough for me. I just don't think he can be canned after this year for cosmetic reasons. It would reflect badly on the program. From a coaching search standpoint to recruiting. You can almost guarantee that next season will be a bust, based on history. Save face for the program and wait until then to cut him loose. Yeah it sucks. But, IMHO, it would be better in the long run.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would look bad at all on a coaching search committee to say that we're not going to hire some .500 Coach. Our search committee narrows their scope on say 15 candidates who have a .750 win percentage or better. then those coaches know that we're not messing around and they know that they will get compensated for it. The national perspective of Nebraska is that we are bottom feeder no matter what we do we just had our best season ever and it still wasn't good enough. We still didn't get any respect if you're worried about people's perspective of Nebraska after firing at coach because we expect and want better than I don't give a rat's ass with those people's opinions are. GBR

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay I don't understand your argument you want us to wait around more? What do you think the solution is given 500 Coach more time were you for keeping Mike Riley around I don't understand what you're trying to say here we shouldn't be trying to raise the bar? The world moves too fast for anybody to sit around especially when you have the means to make positive changes

HP, first off let me just say I’m giving you a hard time. I ain’t mad at you for your opinion, I just don’t agree with it.

Going into this season I had Miles on a very short leash. Never in my mind did I think a new name would pop up this year and be a star. Ended up 2 new names popped up. We, in fact, are in such better shape this year than we were last year that guys like McVeigh (whom we relied on last year) weren’t even good enough anymore to come in and take up space for us.

I feel like Miles struggled to get the pieces all in place, and that is his main downfall. I don’t believe he’s a bad in-game coach. I know basketball more than I know football. He’s a good coach, he’s bad at keeping pieces in place.

In my mind, next year Nebraska should exceed the amount of wins they had this year and compete to win the Big 10 if all the key pieces return. That’s Palmer, Copeland, Watson, Roby, Jordy, and I’ll even throw in Allen. If those pieces return, and we win 20+ again next year....now suddenly that “.500 coach” thing we keep pointing at looks kinda stupid because in the past 2 seasons he will have destroyed that.

There is too much momentum if he’s able to bring back the pieces.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully that coach won't be .500 here after 6 years when he did it.

Okay J I can get behind all that but that's a lot of pieces to be falling into place and after 6 years this thing should be running like a top. It does not take that long for a good coach to turn around a basketball program with all one-and-done Talent out there.

I keep going back to Kansas basketball the players are not going to Kansas for The Nightlife it's Bill self in what he can get out of them and where he can take them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully that coach won't be .500 here after 6 years when he did it.

Okay J I can get behind all that but that's a lot of pieces to be falling into place and after 6 years this thing should be running like a top. It does not take that long for a good coach to turn around a basketball program with all one-and-done Talent out there.

I keep going back to Kansas basketball the players are not going to Kansas for The Nightlife it's Bill self in what he can get out of them and where he can take them.

But....when Bill Self came in there he had a roster full of 5-Star players who turned down Kentucky, Duke, and UNC.

I mean, Bill Self didn’t have to lay a single brick. He’s just making sure the building doesn’t collapse. It’s Kansas!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what coach will come to a school knowing that if he finally leads them to thier best season ever he could be fired?

One who knows he'll be paid better and doesn't HAVE to win his conference tourney (auto-bid) just to get into the dance.

Last edited: