• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse Orange, in deep trouble.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it folks, but this team is in trouble. We can't score, we get physially beat up on the boards and at this point in the season, we have no legs. I don't see them going any farther than the round of 16 playing like this. Hopefully, it's due to the 3 game road trip and we can get back on track at home tomorrow night against Georgia Tech. Also, J Grant needs to take the next two games off and get ready for the ACC and NCAA tourney's. We need him at 100 per cent, not 75.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it folks, but this team is in trouble. We can't score, we get physially beat up on the boards and at this point in the season, we have no legs.

roflmao.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh, if you think we can win it all with playing just six guys, you're crazy!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four seed? :noidea:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh, if you think we can win it all with playing just six guys, you're crazy!

Injured, SU is doomed.

It comes down to if Grant and Keita are 100% or not. Them getting back to 100% will change the complexion of this team immediately. And there is a lot of time to do it. Even if SU is a 4 seed, they would play a 13 seed in the first game and a 5/12 seed the second day.

Even still limping SU gets through the first weekend and has 5 days of rest until the next game.
Once healthy, this is the team that swept Pitt, took out Nova and IU with ease. And gave Duke two of the best games of the season even though the second one the Cuse was without Keita and Grant.

Until they lose in the dance...they are just working through injuries. Get healthy before the dance, this team is more than most will ever want.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four seed? :noidea:

They are slipping fast huh hammer.?. I really don't care...1 seed or a 4 seed.

If you're a one seed, you play the 4 seed the first game of the second weekend.

If you're a four seed, you play the 1 seed the first game of the second weekend.

:nod: Would you like my breakdown on the 2 and 3 seeds? :nod:

:suds:

Papa

I miss sleep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT and FSU are not good. You can bring your C- game against GT, and maybe C+ or B- game vs FSU and win.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT and FSU are not good. You can bring your C- game against GT, and maybe C+ or B- game vs FSU and win.

Tend to agree here. Teb is correct in saying SU's not very good right now. GT in the Dome should be easy enough to just leave Grant on the bench and play Roberson and silent g all game.

FSU @ their place is a bit more to chew on though. Either way, SU's future does not ride on these last couple of games....or the ACC tourney for that matter. I would like to see them win a couple of games in the ACC tourney just to get their grove back....but it's not an end all requirement.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,138.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its better to have struggles now then when your in the ncaa tournament

2Slick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone said the same thing after Georgetown blew us out last year. Now Virginia blows us out and everyone panics again. We will be fine. Enjoy the ride.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured, SU is doomed.

It comes down to if Grant and Keita are 100% or not. Them getting back to 100% will change the complexion of this team immediately. And there is a lot of time to do it. Even if SU is a 4 seed, they would play a 13 seed in the first game and a 5/12 seed the second day.

Even still limping SU gets through the first weekend and has 5 days of rest until the next game.
Once healthy, this is the team that swept Pitt, took out Nova and IU with ease. And gave Duke two of the best games of the season even though the second one the Cuse was without Keita and Grant.

Until they lose in the dance...they are just working through injuries. Get healthy before the dance, this team is more than most will ever want.

Keita has been playing so thats no excuse and the fact that Grant was out is no excuse not to beat G Tech at home. Damn Jonvi you are just full of excuses.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone said the same thing after Georgetown blew us out last year. Now Virginia blows us out and everyone panics again. We will be fine. Enjoy the ride.

Last year has nothing to do with this year. Completely different team. Yes Syracuse still has the talent to make a run but there offensive stats are pathetic. It has to get better for and shot at the Final 4. Thats reality.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont shoot the ball well at all. 253rd in the country in points per game. 173rd in rebounding. 222nd in assists which means no easy shots and to much one on one and 187th in fg%. Those are the issues with this team but there defense tournament time will be tough to deal with. Noone should count this team out of making a run in the big dance.

Papa

I miss sleep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT is a terrible team. You guys had no business losing to them.

So...uh...could you do us a solid and play that badly on Sunday? :pray:

Bout the only shot we have at dancing.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keita has been playing so thats no excuse and the fact that Grant was out is no excuse not to beat G Tech at home. Damn Jonvi you are just full of excuses.

Excuses or facts. You really believe Keita is 100 percent? You better catch a tape of him in the post season last year then take a look at last night.

If SU doesn't get Keita and Grant back to 100 percent, this team is going to struggle. But I've been saying that for a while. I doubt you grasp the concept.