• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Swing thoughts that have worked for you

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a range crowd together... Make it as simple and as hard as you want..

Today.. Keeping everything from being static.. I added an Ernie Els like body waggle on the tee.. Everything synched right the fuck up, it was amazing.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched "Golf My Way" by Jack Nicklaus and went from low 90's to low 80's practically over night. Freaking amazing. Attending the UNC Golf Camp and learned to putt from Davis Loves head coach. A week of camp and I was putting like a mad man. Still use his methods today.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the actual putting methods?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say "Hickory Dickory Dock" on my drive. It's about the right timing for my swing and keeps me from over thinking

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a range crowd together... Make it as simple and as hard as you want..

Today.. Keeping everything from being static.. I added an Ernie Els like body waggle on the tee.. Everything synched right the fuck up, it was amazing.

Started the winter at the range trying to develop some type of consistently rhythm/tempo...for every shot...even short game shots & putts.

The results have been good in terms of far fewer mishits...still not converting enough missed greens for 70s but playing most rounds with 1 or 2 balls, low-mid 80s... Basically not over swinging near as much now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say "Hickory Dickory Dock" on my drive. It's about the right timing for my swing and keeps me from over thinking

Same concept for me...kind of going back to swinging in tempo myself this year.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of my issuues recently have stemmed from standing an inch or so too far away from the ball. It caused me to reach and then start hooking things when I overcompensated with my hands. I figured it out towards the end of my last round and was hitting the ball well after that. My chipping and putting needs the most work but I don't play enough to spend hours on the practice greens to fix it...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My chipping and putting needs the most work but I don't play enough to spend hours on the practice greens to fix it...

Tough game for us mere weekend hacks...I'm playing just enough to have expectations but not enough to realize them...lol.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For chipping... Put the ball back in your stance and hit down on it while keeping your weight on your front foot. You'll get good, consistent contact that way and that is the most important thing in regards to chipping.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For chipping... Put the ball back in your stance and hit down on it while keeping your weight on your front foot. You'll get good, consistent contact that way and that is the most important thing in regards to chipping.

Yea...I've found, rocking the shoulders with little or no wrist break (like Stricker) is the best method for consistency in addition to the weight forward as you mentioned.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been slicing it for the past month. Sunday I played, just stayed calm and a nice easy swing was hitting it straight all day.

I seem to play better for the most part when playing with others, more pressure seems to keep me in check for the most part.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea...I've found, rocking the shoulders with little or no wrist break (like Stricker) is the best method for consistency in addition to the weight forward as you mentioned.

You gotta use some hands around the green

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two simple ones that are very effective:

1. Keep your head still. It is amazing how this one little thing allows everything else to rotate around the head and operate properly.

2. Hold the club as loosely as possible at address and when starting the backswing. Seems that this allows everything to set and release properly in the proper sequence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched "Golf My Way" by Jack Nicklaus and went from low 90's to low 80's practically over night. Freaking amazing. Attending the UNC Golf Camp and learned to putt from Davis Loves head coach. A week of camp and I was putting like a mad man. Still use his methods today.

That was my key learning tool as well. I especially loved the part where he shows you a simple way to take the proper grip. I learned about prorer alignment and aim from that video as well and the simple way he gives you to ensure that you are lined up and aimed properly

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know many people who chip as if they are putting and do a great job. I know some good golfers that do that and hit low chips that roll and i know some good golfers that their chips are high arching and don't roll much. it is all a matter of what you practice.

The courses I play are very difficult courses. The greens are typically fast (although they aren't as fast as they used to be. they run about 8.5 or 9 now and they used to be 10-11) with a lot of break. Mishitting a putt can be disastrous. Many greens are tiered and if you aren't on the correct tier you have big issues.

This is the course I play the most. I was a member last year and now play as a member's guest.
The Tradition Golf Club at Royal New Kent
It was ranked as the 16th hardest course in the country at one time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you need height quick...yes, but not so much to get spin, or consistent distance control has been my experience...keep in mind I'm going at this from a once a week player view. If you're playing 2+ times a week, your timing etc. should be much better.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game for us mere weekend hacks...I'm playing just enough to have expectations but not enough to realize them...lol.

Lol - don't play enough to be that good yet just enough to be miserable...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need height quick...yes, but not so much to get spin, or consistent distance control has been my experience...keep in mind I'm going at this from a once a week player view. If you're playing 2+ times a week, your timing etc. should be much better.

A lot depends on the course that you are playing. Miss a green where I play at & you are dealing with 3-4 inch rough. You need the hands to get through it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I aim as far left as possible... That why I assure myself to hit it straight down the fairway!

LOL... I know thats not how you are supposed to do it. I just don't have the time to practice as much as I should to get rid of my terrible ability to hit it straight off the tee actually aiming straight down the fairway