• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUV Choice

Type of SUV??

• 4-Runner

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Audi Q7

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Traverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CR V

• Other

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Pathfinder

• Total voters

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never driven a Compass, but I don’t think a rental version would be the best way to evaluate a car, particularly an “economy” model like that.

You hit the gas on that thing and it stood still for 3 seconds while the engine made a loud growling noise and then it slowly moved forward. I can't imagine it would get any faster if they added more weight to the interior with options.

It was pretty well appointed, and I drive 30+ rentals a year so I'm comparing apples to apples.

I took this thing back to Hertz and the lady gave me a Jeep Liberty. 2nd biggest piece of shit I drove last year.

when I returned it I told the lady that if she ever gave me a Jeep again I was switching to National.

Landed the next week and the lady grabs my folder, throws the keys in the bin, types some stuff on the computer and grabs me a new set of keys... Handing me the folder she says, "You had a Jeep Liberty, but now you're in a Camry"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the gas on that thing and it stood still for 3 seconds while the engine made a loud growling noise and then it slowly moved forward. I can't imagine it would get any faster if they added more weight to the interior with options.

It was pretty well appointed, and I drive 30+ rentals a year so I'm comparing apples to apples.

I took this thing back to Hertz and the lady gave me a Jeep Liberty. 2nd biggest piece of shit I drove last year.

when I returned it I told the lady that if she ever gave me a Jeep again I was switching to National.

Landed the next week and the lady grabs my folder, throws the keys in the bin, types some stuff on the computer and grabs me a new set of keys... Handing me the folder she says, "You had a Jeep Liberty, but now you're in a Camry"

Probably a purple Camry.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a purple Camry.

It was middle of winter in Madison WI... every rental car is the color of salt.

still... purple Camry >>>>>>>>>> any Jeep that isn't a Wrangler.

Actually thats wrong, I had a Commander in Philly many years ago that I really liked.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWD Continental with a 400hp V6. What an awesome sedan. I'd take one over an S series MB.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...incoln-continental-30t-awd-first-test-review/

2017-lincoln-continental_100542485_l.jpg
my buddy al got a new lincoln, maybe that one, a few months ago. its...awesome.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A9139B46-179B-4196-BDCE-3A0BDEA3A48E.jpeg My Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, best vehicle I have ever owned, outstanding quality. Averages 35 mpg.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually I will be getting rid of my 2008 Nissan Altima SE. Currently has almost 170K on it. I live in the Boston area, so I know can't really get anything "big" but I was thinking about getting some sort of SUV.

Now my ideal vehicle would be a F-150 but that isn't going to happen so the next logical choice is an SUV.

So what say you?
Jeep is the only real suv .. i have had 3 wranglers but 2 years ago got the new renegade.. I've had it in sugar sand and never even had to put it in 4x4.. it's front wheel drive made in italy and gets 26mpg round town and 32 hwy.. no complaints tows 3000lbs alright.. sites 4 people very comfortable or 5 people all
as long as they aren't fattys..3 kids in the back seat no problem

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was middle of winter in Madison WI... every rental car is the color of salt.

still... purple Camry >>>>>>>>>> any Jeep that isn't a Wrangler.

Actually thats wrong, I had a Commander in Philly many years ago that I really liked.

Grand Cherokees are refined and very nice.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, don't bother. Confidently talking about things you don't know about suits you.

how about this...

I list the cars I've driven as rentals for multiple days over the last year and when I get past your expertise, stop me.

Toyota Highlander
Toyota Rav4
Toyota Camry
Toyota Corolla
Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Ford Fusion
Cadillac CTS
Cadillac ATS
Kia Sorento
Hundai Sonata
Toyota Sienna
Chrysler 300
Chrysler 300c
Chrysler 200
Jeep Compass
Jeep Liberty

Where'd you say stop? Should I continue?

And that doesn't even count the cars I test drove while looking for my new Murano, which includes, sadly, no Jeeps. It does include SUVs from Volvo, BMW, MB, Infinity, Audi, Toyota, Ford, and even Dodge.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard mostly good things from their owners, so maybe my decent Jeep list needs to expand.

Yeah, it's very nice and they've been making it forever. BUT, the transmission stopped working and had to be replaced with 600 miles on the car. The tranny is a ZF and that same product is used in many BMWs, MBs and Audis. So, I have to guess it was a software or other problem related to Fiat...and not the transmission itself.

They're coming out with a $100k Grand Wagoneer in a year or two. I'll be tempted by that if they get some of these piddling reliability problems fixed. (and if it still has wood paneling)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this...

I list the cars I've driven as rentals for multiple days over the last year and when I get past your expertise, stop me.

Toyota Highlander
Toyota Rav4
Toyota Camry
Toyota Corolla
Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Ford Fusion
Cadillac CTS
Cadillac ATS
Kia Sorento
Hundai Sonata
Toyota Sienna
Chrysler 300
Chrysler 300c
Chrysler 200
Jeep Compass
Jeep Liberty

Where'd you say stop? Should I continue?

And that doesn't even count the cars I test drove while looking for my new Murano, which includes, sadly, no Jeeps. It does include SUVs from Volvo, BMW, MB, Infinity, Audi, Toyota, Ford, and even Dodge.

What a fag you are.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add that to the long list of shit you don't know.

List of shit I don't know:

Do midgets have knees?
Why is potato salad a choice in every poll?
Why is slinkyredfoot's manhood so tied to his jeep ownership?

done.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is slinkyredfoot's manhood so tied to his jeep ownership?

Yes, because I've spent so much time on this thread vehemently defending the Jeep brand...

I simply pointed out that you're a dipshit, as people often do here. You're the one talking about my manhood. So you can stop wondering; I shave my balls.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand Cherokees are refined and very nice.

They're nice, but they should be. Mine new was $50k. After having it and the headachs of it, and dealing with Jeep dealers, I'm more inclined to just buy a Q7, X5, or GL.

I've had quite a few minor issues with it - 2 bad AC fans, an oil pressure sensor, among things, but I've had to replace the rear shocks and had the water pump go bad. The car is 3 years old now and has 40k miles. The water pump was a repair done under warranty, but was back ordered, and took over 2 weeks. The dealer repeatedly told me 'we don't do loaners' and expected me to just be without a car for 3 weeks. It took me complaining to MOPAR for them to finally pay for a rental.

My whole experience thus far has just felt cheap.