• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sure do miss that BE money

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

Had WVU remained in the AAC, there would be no revenue to improve facilities… right?

Schools from the Power 5 are in an arm's race, and these schools are ever working to improve their facilities. WVU will fall further behind these schools without improvements, and this would in turn make a future transition to a power conference even more challenging… more difficult to catch up to the new competition.

SEC officials were critical of WVU's current facilities… citing the inadequacies in multiple areas.

The only facility they were critical of was the baseball field. The hatter loved our stadium, auburn and msu both had good things to say. As I said above, wvus failure to already be in the ACC or SEC has nothing to do with the athletic department, it is cultural, money, tv market, not how many suites are in the stadium....... at the time the ACC took sPitt and Cuse why had better facilities, better teams, better everything in athletics than either of them, yet they passed wvu over, why? Wvu could build the best and biggest stadium, weight room, ball park, field house in the world, and without improvement in academics, endowment, and tv market, it would not make us any more attractive.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only facility they were critical of was the baseball field. The hatter loved our stadium, auburn and msu both had good things to say. As I said above, wvus failure to already be in the ACC or SEC has nothing to do with the athletic department, it is cultural, money, tv market, not how many suites are in the stadium....... at the time the ACC took sPitt and Cuse why had better facilities, better teams, better everything in athletics than either of them, yet they passed wvu over, why? Wvu could build the best and biggest stadium, weight room, ball park, field house in the world, and without improvement in academics, endowment, and tv market, it would not make us any more attractive.

What about the track?

What about the Natatorium?

What about the tennis facility?

Where are the other sports familiar to the ACC and SEC… golf? Women's softball?

Not sure how you can say WVU has better facilities than either Pitt of SU.

You are missing the point of the discussion… the premise brought to you from goldrusher was asking you to keep WVU in the AAC for years… until a future expansion came along. Stay on topic…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the track?

What about the Natatorium?

What about the tennis facility?

Where are the other sports familiar to the ACC and SEC… golf? Women's softball?

Not sure how you can say WVU has better facilities than either Pitt of SU.

You are missing the point of the discussion… the premise brought to you from goldrusher was asking you to keep WVU in the AAC for years… until a future expansion came along. Stay on topic…

I answered that question when Mike asked it, BB. I said given the info on hand at the time, I would have had to join the B12, but I would have an exit strategy in place. I also pointed out things that need to be done at a university level to bolster the future when the B12 folds. How can you say sPitt and 'Cuse have better? The Carrier dome, as you guys put it, is not suitable for the kicking game, as punts hit the roof at times, it is tiny as football stadiums go, and you can not even see a basketball game. sPitt doesnt even have a fucking stadium!!! When I was in school the golf team played at Cheat Lake, a pretty damn fine course, so the new golf team could play there. what is wrong with the tennis courts? Do we need to build some suits and set up a keg? What issue do you have with the natatorium? Is the water too cold? Should we also build a new river for the rowing team? Gymnastics has a first class home, Whats wrong with the track? Too long for you? WVU doesnt have a women's softball team, but if we ever get one, they can have the old ball park.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered that question when Mike asked it, BB. I said given the info on hand at the time, I would have had to join the B12, but I would have an exit strategy in place. I also pointed out things that need to be done at a university level to bolster the future when the B12 folds. How can you say sPitt and 'Cuse have better? The Carrier dome, as you guys put it, is not suitable for the kicking game, as punts hit the roof at times, it is tiny as football stadiums go, and you can not even see a basketball game. sPitt doesnt even have a fucking stadium!!! When I was in school the golf team played at Cheat Lake, a pretty damn fine course, so the new golf team could play there. what is wrong with the tennis courts? Do we need to build some suits and set up a keg? What issue do you have with the natatorium? Is the water too cold? Should we also build a new river for the rowing team? Gymnastics has a first class home, Whats wrong with the track? Too long for you? WVU doesnt have a women's softball team, but if we ever get one, they can have the old ball park.

I asked you about GoldRusher's question to you…

Ok, say those conferences do begin to make moves, lets say towards the end on the B12 GOR deal.
Are we better off improving our facilities ect.. and making our programs more attractive using Big12 money or letting our facilities rot making chump change while being the "big dog" in the new CUSA 2.0?

Not Mike's question.

I simply can't take any of the rest of your rant seriously. If you have no clue about those facilities mentioned… then you have no clue.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked you about GoldRusher's question to you…

Not Mike's question.

I simply can't take any of the rest of your rant seriously. If you have no clue about those facilities mentioned… then you have no clue.

Of course you do not let them rot, but you damn sure dont spend unnecessary millions in one of the poorest states in the nation, just to be fashionable either. AS I SAID, for the third time now, yes I would have taken the B12 invite, but would have an exit strategy in place. Since you did not like what I said about the facilities, tell me what is wrong with them that is keeping kids away.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we should build a new river for the rowing team.:lol:

That is funny shit:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do not let them rot, but you damn sure dont spend unnecessary millions in one of the poorest states in the nation, just to be fashionable either. AS I SAID, for the third time now, yes I would have taken the B12 invite, but would have an exit strategy in place. Since you did not like what I said about the facilities, tell me what is wrong with them that is keeping kids away.

You can do a Google search and look at the facilities of our conference opponents in the sports I mentioned.

WVU's tennis and track and field facilities are in need of major work. Part of the comprehensive plan in place… one the BOG will be voting on next week.

The track hasn't been resurfaced for years. Lacks many of the bells and whistles found at nearby DIV 1 schools… let alone the Big 12.

When you and I were in school, the golf team played at The Pines CC. It has inadequate practice facilities for its members today. It does not even come close to being on par with any Div 1 program in our country.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

If you go to the dropbox link, I think it will provide you with explanations of the current status of existing facilities, and why upgrades are needed.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do not let them rot, but you damn sure dont spend unnecessary millions in one of the poorest states in the nation, just to be fashionable either. AS I SAID, for the third time now, yes I would have taken the B12 invite, but would have an exit strategy in place.

Then you would have done exactly what Luck and co. are doing. You and I both know that the Big12 would not have accepted any kind of contractual exit strategy for us, what message would that have sent when you talk conference stability moving forward?
Would you in KState KU or TT ect.. shoes signed off on something like that after the Longhorn network AND teams already leaving? Of course not, SOooo you do the next best thing, you make a pact with the best conference you can and play with the cards you were dealt and make WVU the best it can be with what you can afford, that is in essence the "exit strategy" should we ever need one, be as attractive as possible.

I don't think we have spent unnecessarily at all, for an example look at the weight room, just a couple years ago we had water leaks and uneven floors, very much sub par for ANY D1/P5 school these days.
Did we go nuts and spent through the nose for brand new? No, we renovated and the overwhelming word used to describe it has been efficient, not extravagant, and that's a direct asset for the revenue producing sports, we could have went bigger/more expensive but imo we spent smart.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do a Google search and look at the facilities of our conference opponents in the sports I mentioned.

WVU's tennis and track and field facilities are in need of major work. Part of the comprehensive plan in place… one the BOG will be voting on next week.

The track hasn't been resurfaced for years. Lacks many of the bells and whistles found at nearby DIV 1 schools… let alone the Big 12.

When you and I were in school, the golf team played at The Pines CC. It has inadequate practice facilities for its members today. It does not even come close to being on par with any Div 1 program in our country.

The tennis courts were resurfaced two years ago, what do they need? A tennis court is what it is, it isn't like we will be hosting a Wimbledon style event, and when we can't fill the coliseum half way for basketball, I don't think that we need thousands of seats for tennis. Track is not a big spectator sport, too much going on at once over too big an area to build stands for each event, so what would you do there? I guess the answer would be sell beer and raise the price to park.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tennis courts were resurfaced two years ago, what do they need? A tennis court is what it is, it isn't like we will be hosting a Wimbledon style event, and when we can't fill the coliseum half way for basketball, I don't think that we need thousands of seats for tennis. Track is not a big spectator sport, too much going on at once over too big an area to build stands for each event, so what would you do there? I guess the answer would be sell beer and raise the price to park.

OK… Eddie…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked at this, one word was used over and over: revenue, Lucks defining idea. I saw the word competition very few times. Hell with winning, just bring in more cash, fleece the fans every chance you get. They were talking not about wins, but about revenue enhancements.......pretty fucking sad that college athletics has NOTHING to do with tradition, STUDENTS, alumni, fans, or even winning, just write the check, baby.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, EXACTLY what do those venues need, from YOUR viewpoint, not just parroting what Luck has said.

Have you seen the condition of the track?

Does WVU even have its own indoor tennis facility?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the condition of the track?

Does WVU even have its own indoor tennis facility?

Hell let's build the fucking superdome, since when do all sports have to be practiced and played indoors? What exactly is the obsession with inside facilities? No wonder the rest of the world is running circles around America we can't build anything because a puff of smoke might be released, we can't build an oil pipeline because a moose might walk past it and NOW we can no longer play OUTDOOR sports outside, just as well throw out the balls, racquets, bats, pads and all and buy 500 Wii consoles, no one would get hurt, no one would be out in the weather, be a lot cheaper, holgorsens offense might play better on the Wii than on the field.:doh:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell let's build the fucking superdome, since when do all sports have to be practiced and played indoors? What exactly is the obsession with inside facilities? No wonder the rest of the world is running circles around America we can't build anything because a puff of smoke might be released, we can't build an oil pipeline because a moose might walk past it and NOW we can no longer play OUTDOOR sports outside, just as well throw out the balls, racquets, bats, pads and all and buy 500 Wii consoles, no one would get hurt, no one would be out in the weather, be a lot cheaper, holgorsens offense might play better on the Wii than on the field.:doh:

Do you have any idea when the tennis team starts their season?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any idea when the tennis team starts their season?

Yes I do BB, and just maybe luck should spend some of his time addressing ridiculous schedules instead of just New ways of spending money. Tennis in the winter is just plain stupid.