• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sure do miss that BE money

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB…Don't muddy the water with insight from people who knew what was goingon, especially someone like Ollie who has done nothing but trash the AD andUniversity since he has been here....you really should use thewoulda-shoulda-coulda method based on personal opinions and hypotheticalsituations.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB…Don't muddy the water with insight from people who knew what was goingon, especially someone like Ollie who has done nothing but trash the AD andUniversity since he has been here....you really should use thewoulda-shoulda-coulda method based on personal opinions and hypotheticalsituations.

I know…

Luck is a whore!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it bad that Luck was on his knees? We have already seen what happens when leadership sits back and does nothing RIP Big East. :suds:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bigger list than that my friend.......you could have written down the entire Big East and Conference USA.......and to some extent the Mountain West.....

Oh I know and agree 100%. Any member of any non P5 conference would run nekkid through a brushfire to trade places with us now geography or not, ask a Cincy fan how fast they would jump on the island with us right now.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So friggin delusional......what an asinine comment.....

Slaton, that is exactly what went on, Luck and Manchin were BEGGING for that spot in the B12, Then UL and McConnell started begging and threatening lawsuits. No delusion there at all, my friend. When did the truth become asinine? WVU was desperate for a league, the B12 was desperate for a team.:omg:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it bad that Luck was on his knees? We have already seen what happens when leadership sits back and does nothing RIP Big East. :suds:

And that same do nothing, wait to react is going on with the B12 leadership today.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 20 mil plus a year we can afford to wait now and build up our program and facilities which will only make us more attractive if your doom and gloom plays out.

Why are we talking about this once again isn't it like 10 years before any teams can move that are in power conf?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that same do nothing, wait to react is going on with the B12 leadership today.

The same B12 leadership that saved the conference after raids by the B10, SEC and PAC10, solidified the membership by having everyone agree to a Grant of Rights, and increased the revenue of each team in the league after losing Nebraska, A&M Missouri and Colorado meanwhile producing numerous top 25 teams across the league in all sports.

What else are you waiting for the B12 to do?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, that is exactly what went on, Luck and Manchin were BEGGING for that spot in the B12, Then UL and McConnell started begging and threatening lawsuits. No delusion there at all, my friend. When did the truth become asinine? WVU was desperate for a league, the B12 was desperate for a team.:omg:

You make it sound as if they were the only persons trying to protect their schools!...The entire conference was in flames...there were two conferences that were expanding..the SEC and Big12 at the time...the SEC opted for Mizzou and Wv landed in the Big12..they could have sat on their hands which is likely what Eddie Pastilong would have done...and we would today be the powers of the American Athletic Conference...

You think Louisville and Wv were the only schools posturing??

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it sound as if they were the only persons trying to protect their schools!...The entire conference was in flames...there were two conferences that were expanding..the SEC and Big12 at the time...the SEC opted for Mizzou and Wv landed in the Big12..they could have sat on their hands which is likely what Eddie Pastilong would have done...and we would today be the powers of the American Athletic Conference...

You think Louisville and Wv were the only schools posturing??

I did not see anyone else making a mad dash to the B12, which became the most dysfunctional league when the BE split. The top teams in the B12 were begging to get into the PAC just as hard as WVU and UL were begging to go to the B12, the only reason that Texas and OU are still in the B12 is that the PAC wouldnt let Texas play by different rules like the B12 does. The B12 is right now doing EXACTLY what the BE did, waiting for someone else to make a move, then reacting to it, why do people sit here cursing the piss poor management of the BE, but praising the management of the B12?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad this question is for you.

When the Big12 offered WVU the spot, just knowing what we knew then not what we know now, honestly what would you have done, Took the offer, or let Louisville have the invite and stayed in the AAC at that moment?

Just an honest answer not looking at the future.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad this question is for you.

When the Big12 offered WVU the spot, just knowing what we knew then not what we know now, honestly what would you have done, Took the offer, or let Louisville have the invite and stayed in the AAC at that moment?

Just an honest answer not looking at the future.

Mike, I really do not know, it is hard to not let hindsight alter the thought. I think I would probably had to take the B12 spot, but going in as a school well away from the B12, I would have had an exit strategy like a lot of coaches do for their dream job, maybe sign on that if the SEC called WVU could go. We all knew at the time that the ACC, B11, PAC and SEC ARE going to expand again to get to 16, and those spots are still there. At the time the SEC was deciding to take Mizzou, WVU was said to be the next team they desired. It is a hard question to answer, I do not think we fit in with the B12 as some claim, I read other teams pages on here as well as other places, and it seems that they do not relish coming to Morgantown any more than we like going West. I really do think that had WVU stayed put, we would be in the ACC or SEC at some point, especially if we had kept winning in the BE-AAC and kept the name WVU in the rankings.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, I really do not know, it is hard to not let hindsight alter the thought. I think I would probably had to take the B12 spot, but going in as a school well away from the B12, I would have had an exit strategy like a lot of coaches do for their dream job, maybe sign on that if the SEC called WVU could go. We all knew at the time that the ACC, B11, PAC and SEC ARE going to expand again to get to 16, and those spots are still there. At the time the SEC was deciding to take Mizzou, WVU was said to be the next team they desired. It is a hard question to answer, I do not think we fit in with the B12 as some claim, I read other teams pages on here as well as other places, and it seems that they do not relish coming to Morgantown any more than we like going West. I really do think that had WVU stayed put, we would be in the ACC or SEC at some point, especially if we had kept winning in the BE-AAC and kept the name WVU in the rankings.

They wouldn't have taken us with that stipulation, and if the Big 10 hadn't raided the ACC they wouldn't have taken Louisville. The SEC has not done anything since. We could have been in a lot worse place if we hadn't took the invite. I'm still excited about playing the Big12 teams. I think we will be ok. I do trust Lucks Judgement. If we don't make a bowl this year, then Dana needs to go.

Look at the trouble TCU has had adjusting, and they didn't have the scholarship problems we have had.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew at the time that the ACC, B11, PAC and SEC ARE going to expand again to get to 16, and those spots are still there.

Ok, say those conferences do begin to make moves, lets say towards the end on the B12 GOR deal.
Are we better off improving our facilities ect.. and making our programs more attractive using Big12 money or letting our facilities rot making chump change while being the "big dog" in the new CUSA 2.0?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, say those conferences do begin to make moves, lets say towards the end on the B12 GOR deal.
Are we better off improving our facilities ect.. and making our programs more attractive using Big12 money or letting our facilities rot making chump change while being the "big dog" in the new CUSA 2.0?

That is a positive way to look at our current situation. DC attempts to make the same point with DAD.

None of us know what the end game will be regarding conference realignment/expansion. However, WVU is now in a conference which will provide it with great revenue. The athletic facility improvement plan is moving forward… due in large part to the Big 12 revenue stream.

Our move to the Big 12 will end up providing us with improved facilities across the board. Athletic teams built to play in more competitive conferences than anything the MAC or AAC or CUSA would have provided. As we've seen, the football team will be built to play with the big boys… not be the big boy.

All of this will make WVU a very attractive candidate to the next courter.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a positive way to look at our current situation. DC attempts to make the same point with DAD.

None of us know what the end game will be regarding conference realignment/expansion. However, WVU is now in a conference which will provide it with great revenue. The athletic facility improvement plan is moving forward… due in large part to the Big 12 revenue stream.

Our move to the Big 12 will end up providing us with improved facilities across the board. Athletic teams built to play in more competitive conferences than anything the MAC or AAC or CUSA would have provided. As we've seen, the football team will be built to play with the big boys… not be the big boy.

All of this will make WVU a very attractive candidate to the next courter.

BB, the wvu athletic department is and was already attractive, any league would be fine with the athletics of WVU being in their league. WVU suffers in ways that are much harder to fix than any stadium upgrades can fix, the biggest hurdle is image just as on the BE show the other day played dueling banjos........ next is academics which is what the SEC said caused them to pass us up last time, next is tv market, which is the REAL reason WVU WAS PASSED OVER, and last, the reason that we would never even get a sniff from the B11 the WVU endowment money is tiny compared to most schools.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

Had WVU remained in the AAC, there would be no revenue to improve facilities… right?

Schools from the Power 5 are in an arm's race, and these schools are ever working to improve their facilities. WVU will fall further behind these schools without improvements, and this would in turn make a future transition to a power conference even more challenging… more difficult to catch up to the new competition.

SEC officials were critical of WVU's current facilities… citing the inadequacies in multiple areas.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, the wvu athletic department is and was already attractive, any league would be fine with the athletics of WVU being in their league. WVU suffers in ways that are much harder to fix than any stadium upgrades can fix, the biggest hurdle is image just as on the BE show the other day played dueling banjos........ next is academics which is what the SEC said caused them to pass us up last time, next is tv market, which is the REAL reason WVU WAS PASSED OVER, and last, the reason that we would never even get a sniff from the B11 the WVU endowment money is tiny compared to most schools.

Then you should be pouring piss on the school president and BOG, not the AD program. WVU should have higher standards for admission and curriculum.