• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

Whose your pick today?

• Patriots

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Refs

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: for the sarcasm.

but we all know when your speed drops from like a 4 to a 2 on a scale of 1-10, it's going to be a problem. while his footwork was great, he can't live in the pocket forever.
Have you ever watched Brady play before yesterday?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had a few bad passes but still the Pats scored over 30 points. This was on the defense. The Pats offense came out in the second half moving the ball easily and scored a TD but the defense just couldn't match the effort and Philly march right down the field. I saw few Pats games this year so I haven't watched the defense play all year, but I have to wonder what the Lions see in Matt Patricia that makes them think he is going to be a great HC? It isn't like he was coordinating a great defense statistically.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched Brady play before yesterday?

not at all. but now i see what all the hype is. he's kind of good!

all i'm saying is he looked even slower than usual (from what i recall.) another year or two.. i'm not sure he'll have the legs to move around the pocket effectively.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all. but now i see what all the hype is. he's kind of good!

all i'm saying is he looked even slower than usual (from what i recall.) another year or two.. i'm not sure he'll have the legs to move around the pocket effectively.
He did run a blistering 5.28 40 at the combine in 2000.....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: for the sarcasm.

but we all know when your speed drops from like a 4 to a 2 on a scale of 1-10, it's going to be a problem. while his footwork was great, he can't live in the pocket forever.
As long as he can still step up in the pocket, he'll be alright.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats D was something like top 5 in points allowed and near the bottom in yards. The ultimate bend but don't break kinda thing....but the Eagles broke them in half.
Eagles were near the top of the league in red zone offense. One of the reasons I picked the Eagles to win

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles won the game so no real dispute there and I know that they don't call PI on Hail Marys but if they did, it should have been called. Gronk was in perfect position to make the catch and got MAULED well before the ball arrived. Oh well, tis what it tis.

sbd_018.jpg

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles won the game so no real dispute there and I know that they don't call PI on Hail Marys but if they did, it should have been called. Gronk was in perfect position to make the catch and got MAULED well before the ball arrived. Oh well, tis what it tis.

sbd_018.jpg

All five Eagles were simply going for the ball. Seriously. :nod:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D

sbd_018.jpg
To be true, only Aaron Rodgers gets that completion.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sbd_018.jpg

I was surprised old noodle arm made the endzone.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, Breed! How have you been? I haven't been around much the past year or two. Our daughter and 5-year-old grandson were living with us for 3 years. They just moved out in December. She worked second shift so we were essentially raising the grandson. Back to an empty nest again.

Wasn't sure if I was going to see an Eagles Super Bowl championship in my lifetime. What a crazy one it was!

Heh. My moms moved in with me a couple years back and while babies can be a huge adjustment. Old people are a whole nother level of crazy, funny, frustrating, enlightening, great, not so great etc. Other than being a Redskins fan though life is good no question. So are you enjoying the empty nest yet or still missing the lil rugrat?

You guys look set up to compete for a SB title for a good 5 years at least. Good defense with some play makers, Athletic and big WRs n TEs. Great RBBC with JA and Blount, and that new kid looks like a keeper as well. Very good to great OL. A young, bad ass stud in Wentz, a back up QB who's a legit Super Bowl MVP. Along with a great HC and coaching staff. When was the last big game where Belichick n company were out-coached?

I gotta say. I may never root for the Eagles again, shivers went down my spine just thinking of it, but I'm happy for you and a few other Eagles fans, homey. No more empty trophy case pics to deal with ever again.

Hey, maybe with the nest being empty now. You can pop up more on the Skins board or the political foru even. I always liked reading that clever wit of yours.

Congrats again, my friend and Hail to the Redskins....................maybe one day again.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sbd_018.jpg

Conveniently timed shot... ball had already been contacted at the high point by McLeod.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must say that was a hell of a SB. Congrats Eagles fans on the SB victory and have a blast at the parade Thursday morning.

Pats played a hell of a game so nothing to be ashamed of, they'll be back in the running next season.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw few Pats games this year so I haven't watched the defense play all year, but I have to wonder what the Lions see in Matt Patricia that makes them think he is going to be a great HC? It isn't like he was coordinating a great defense statistically.

Name two guys on that front seven that would make your team (one was a 49er reject - Ricky Jean-Francois)... yet the Patriots were 5th in the league in scoring defense right behind the Eagles - After Hightower went down early in the year, Patricia did it with mirrors. No other way to put it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching the replay of the game and went back to the XP after the Eagles first TD. Looked like it went over the inside of the upright. The only angle TV showed was that hanging camera over the middle of the field, but with as close as it was I'm surprised they didn't look at it again.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conveniently timed shot... ball had already been contacted at the high point by McLeod.

Yes, it's a still pic that was posted. Stopping the video reveals that Gronk got slammed well before the ball arrived.

As I stated, I know that is almost never called on a hail mary.