• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Champion Eagles!

Rear Admiral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question that keeps bouncing around in my mind is... what do you now with this 'embarrassment of riches' at QB? Wentz was/is looking other-worldly before he got the untimely injury. Foles stepped right in there and got it done. Do you keep Foles or trade him again? I can't see Wentz losing his job. It's an envious problem to have, but it IS still a problem, no? This Eagle team looks to me like they will be around for a while... I would try to keep them both, if you can keep them both happy (how exactly do you just up and trade Foles after winning the SB?).

Things can change on a dime in the NFL but it all starts at QB and I don't think we've even seen the best this Eagles team has yet - altho I obviously don't know them personally, if any two QB's could co-exist peacefully I'd consider these two as good a pair as one could hope to do so. I'm curious what Philly Land thinks about where the QB situation goes from here.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question that keeps bouncing around in my mind is... what do you now with this 'embarrassment of riches' at QB? Wentz was/is looking other-worldly before he got the untimely injury. Foles stepped right in there and got it done. Do you keep Foles or trade him again? I can't see Wentz losing his job. It's an envious problem to have, but it IS still a problem, no? This Eagle team looks to me like they will be around for a while... I would try to keep them both, if you can keep them both happy (how exactly do you just up and trade Foles after winning the SB?).

Things can change on a dime in the NFL but it all starts at QB and I don't think we've even seen the best this Eagles team has yet - altho I obviously don't know them personally, if any two QB's could co-exist peacefully I'd consider these two as good a pair as one could hope to do so. I'm curious what Philly Land thinks about where the QB situation goes from here.

No one will ever convince me that Wentz is anything but the franchise QB. Let’s just put that in stone.

As for Foles....I’ve waffled a little on this but I’m settled in to keeping him. Maybe we get no return next season. That’s fine. Why I don’t buy the comparisons with Carson knee injury to RGIII (let’s all settle down) I also equally do not fully buy that he is completely ready to start the season.

An embarrassment of riches at QB should be leveraged fully to let Wentz get back without any rushing. We have seen these kind of injuries get rushed and guys have all kinds of issues. Or wreck themselves. We’ve also seen guys given the right time to rehab and heal and never have an issue again.

I think it’s most worth it to this team to keep Foles. Perhaps they are high on Sudfeld, and that’s fine. I just won’t comment on that because I have not seen much of Sudfeld to this point.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta keep both and hope Wentz comes back really healthy. Foles team until then.

Wentz has been hurt before. He knows how it goes. Foles has been hurt before. We know how it goes.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly doubt Wentz is 100% week 1. Do you start the season with the Super Bowl MVP, or Sudfeld and pieces you got in return for Foles? I trust the front office to make the right decision and will forever remember the magical post season that Foles put together.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I'd keep Foles, unless the offer is other-worldly. Logic suggests trade him now and get something tangible for him, but if keeping him means another shot at potentially repeating as champs, I'd rather lose him for nothing the following year if that gives us our best shot. Foles would be the bridge until Carson returns, and I actually think he would be OK with that. It's a very unique situation and one we're very fortunate to be in.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever convince me that Wentz is anything but the franchise QB. Let’s just put that in stone.

As for Foles....I’ve waffled a little on this but I’m settled in to keeping him. Maybe we get no return next season. That’s fine. Why I don’t buy the comparisons with Carson knee injury to RGIII (let’s all settle down) I also equally do not fully buy that he is completely ready to start the season.

An embarrassment of riches at QB should be leveraged fully to let Wentz get back without any rushing. We have seen these kind of injuries get rushed and guys have all kinds of issues. Or wreck themselves. We’ve also seen guys given the right time to rehab and heal and never have an issue again.

I think it’s most worth it to this team to keep Foles. Perhaps they are high on Sudfeld, and that’s fine. I just won’t comment on that because I have not seen much of Sudfeld to this point.

People forget, that in the regular season - Foles was not instilling confidence, and was not moving the offense at all. Sudfeld came in and began moving the offense. He has potential. Of course, everything changes, when teams begin to get film on you and your not riding that confidence high of "getting your shot" and have to do it week in and week out. But Sudfeld did show potential. But it's hard to not think that a Vet presence would be best for a team with true SB possibilities. I would like to keep Foles. But if we send him to ARI or elsewhere, I hope we bring in another vet.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget, that in the regular season - Foles was not instilling confidence, and was not moving the offense at all. Sudfeld came in and began moving the offense. He has potential. Of course, everything changes, when teams begin to get film on you and your not riding that confidence high of "getting your shot" and have to do it week in and week out. But Sudfeld did show potential. But it's hard to not think that a Vet presence would be best for a team with true SB possibilities. I would like to keep Foles. But if we send him to ARI or elsewhere, I hope we bring in another vet.

Nate Sudfeld starting means an exit in round 1 of the playoffs.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really needed the strip sack in there to make it complete.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People also seemed to forget that Foles didn't play a snap in preseason. He certainly didn't look good against the Raiders or the Cowboys, but those were the first good defenses that he saw that had a chance to gameplan for him and not Wentz.

And Doug didn't have much good tape on Foles in his system to figure out how to tailor the offense to him. So those two games were as much "let's see what works" as anything else.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome and damn did I ever get the chills again after watching that. Now comes the sad times with cuts, FAs, and coaches moving on elsewhere. Thanks for sharing this clip. Great stuff!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a day! Started watching the Turning Point NFL Films video that was posted up here....goosebumps.
Watching the parade on PE.com and finding so much emotion in seeing those green buses go up Broad with the team and the trophy.

And now....just watch this....Merrill Resse's reactions on calling all the big plays....more goosebumps!

This was great!!! I had not seen this ... just saw it scrolling.