• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Sunshine" is not a bad backup and looks promising in future.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I went to watch Iowa at Kinnick, there was a lady I sat next to who kept saying that "Sunshine" (CJ Beathard) should start over Jake Rudock.

Being a freshman and just thrown into the game like he did, I think he showed a lot of potential for the future. Rudock is, by far, better and deserves to start, but Sunshine does show some promise. He has speed and decent accuracy. Give him time to develop and I can see a Drew Tate talent QB.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem - at best, Beathard will only be able to start his senior year barring a Jake injury or meltdown. Rudock has a firm grasp on the QB position for the rest of this year and his Jr. and Sr. seasons. Beathard looks to have talent, for sure, but I don't see a scenario where KF/Davis suddenly give up on Rudock and decide to start Beathard. This is not like Jake Christensen/Ricky Stanzi when we ALL saw how bad JC was and it took KF about 3 weeks too long to make the switch. Rudock is light years ahead of JC and if it took KF that long to give up on JC, it would take twice that long for him to give up on Rudock.

Said this before and I'll say it again - as good as Rudock has been, he could very well be 20+% better had he seen ANY f-ing playing time last year instead of sitting on the sidelines while we lost 8 of 12 games.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though, I think Jake is our QB for the next couple of years, after that Simonek steps in...Beathard and Sokol might be really great, but we all know KF will stick with one guy that he has picked. Once Jake is done, it's next man in and CJ and Cody will have no eligibility left, so they need to look at transferring now if they really want to play...or if they are really never going to be NFL guys, just get your degree and use any connections you can and work hard to get a good GPA so you can have a career once you are done.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or receivers that ca catch the effing ball!!!!!!!!!!

Funny. Was watching ESPN Classic last night, they've been showing the Old "Battle of the Network Stars" shows from the 80s. Soooo funny to watch if, for no other reason, there is a zero chance any celebrity nowadays would subject themselves to athletic events on national TV other than the occasional celebrity golf tournament. Forgot half of these people even existed (Sonny from Miami Vice, lol).

Anyway, one of the competitions involves football. 80s soap stars like Heather Locklear were making DIVING catches of balls thrown by their male counterparts. Got me to wondering....if Heather Locklear can catch passes, why can't Kevonte?

My solution? Sign Heather Locklear.......seriously has better hands than our WRs.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not better hands, better legs, better ass, better boobs, better hair, better skin, better ass, better boobs, better eyes, better boobs, better butt, better boobs....ahhh. You get the point!