• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sun Mountain 4.5 stand bag?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have experience with one? My yard sale stand bag is on its last legs and if I plan to walk the new country club course often, I'm going to need a new one. I've been looking at the 14 way divider since I like that style in my cart bag. They've got a new version coming out on September 1 that will have a built in USB charger for phones, so if that new option doesn't add a ton to the price, it may be worth waiting on.

If no experience with a Sun Mountain, do you recommend another?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have experience with one? My yard sale stand bag is on its last legs and if I plan to walk the new country club course often, I'm going to need a new one. I've been looking at the 14 way divider since I like that style in my cart bag. They've got a new version coming out on September 1 that will have a built in USB charger for phones, so if that new option doesn't add a ton to the price, it may be worth waiting on.

If no experience with a Sun Mountain, do you recommend another?

I've been looking around for a cart bag since I doubt I'll ever walk a course again. My fatso 5.0 putter grip limits my options if I want full dividers, but I'm too cheap to drop $200+ on a new bag unless mine is completely useless.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been using a push cart for a while and I think it's the best of both worlds. I'm really enjoying walking the course and I can haul along all the gear I want in a large bag.

As for the built in charger for phones, seems like it would add weight to a walking bag. It would need a battery and that would have to remain charged. A buddy got me one of these:

A1263011_TD01_V1.jpg

It's 30 bucks and it's a 5v charger. Couldn't be more convenient cause you're not stuck near a power source. If you run low, you plug in and keep walking along. It would be an easy alternative to being built into the bag.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been using a push cart for a while and I think it's the best of both worlds. I'm really enjoying walking the course and I can haul along all the gear I want in a large bag.

As for the built in charger for phones, seems like it would add weight to a walking bag. It would need a battery and that would have to remain charged. A buddy got me one of these:

A1263011_TD01_V1.jpg

It's 30 bucks and it's a 5v charger. Couldn't be more convenient cause you're not stuck near a power source. If you run low, you plug in and keep walking along. It would be an easy alternative to being built into the bag.

Yeah, it does seem a bit unnecessary given that I do have a separate battery charger i could always carry if my phone is dying. I like using my 18birdies app to keep round data.

Went ahead and submitted my country club application today and they'll start giving us access immediately while she said there wouldn't be any issue getting it approved when they next meet. So I may go ahead and order the non sun charger sun mountain 4.5 14 way bag since I haven't read a bad review. Probably go with the red, white,and blue color scheme. I like that it's also designed to be out into a cart without twisting of blocking pocket access.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it does seem a bit unnecessary given that I do have a separate battery charger i could always carry if my phone is dying. I like using my 18birdies app to keep round data.

Went ahead and submitted my country club application today and they'll start giving us access immediately while she said there wouldn't be any issue getting it approved when they next meet. So I may go ahead and order the non sun charger sun mountain 4.5 14 way bag since I haven't read a bad review. Probably go with the red, white,and blue color scheme. I like that it's also designed to be out into a cart without twisting of blocking pocket access.

Congrats on the membership....NE, now you, starting to feel a bit envious of you guys! The CCs that are affordable and I would be interested in are too far from the house (both over 30 mins w/o traffic, and there's always traffic)

The bag...Sun Mountain is good stuff in general. I've only had the 14 way cart bag personally so I can't speak for the stand/carry bags.

Enjoy.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A1263011_TD01_V1.jpg

I have like 5 of these things and they come in handy for traveling too. At airports there is a lot of competition for the outlets and with one of these you can get at least 4 or 5 charges for your phone on the go. The thing to keep in mind is that the downside is that it charges a lot slower than a wall charger. To be honest for a golf bag it's really gimmicky and I would suggest not even considering it to be a factor for a new bag.