• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sumlin out @ A&M?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he did lose his starting QB in the first game. And yeah injuries are a part of the game, hell Bama knows all about it this year. So i'll give Jimbo a pass and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It has nothing do with that. His OL is a dumpster fire. It has been for 2 years. That is on the coach. This isn't year 1 or 2 for him at FSU. Roster issues are his own doing at this point

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo wouldn't be a bad hire.......but Aggy has Gary Patterson in their backyard, who I think most of us know is a better coach. The fact they aren't even considering him, or guys like Dan Mullen, has me rolling.......they ALWAYS screw up hiring

Serious question...Why didn't tejas grab Patterson instead of Strong or Herman?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patterson got the big money extension as SOON as the Texas job opened up.

He also has quite a few very LARGE non-football perks going for him at TCU. He's getting well taken care of. Aggy is one of the few schools dumb enough to overpay him, as they most certainly will if they somehow pry away Fisher from FSU.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU alum gave Patterson a share of a pretty lucrative company from what I understand.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson got the big money extension as SOON as the Texas job opened up.

He also has quite a few very LARGE non-football perks going for him at TCU. He's getting well taken care of. Aggy is one of the few schools dumb enough to overpay him, as they most certainly will if they somehow pry away Fisher from FSU.

Which time?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mack was fired. Rumors abounded in conference.......TCU ponied up BIG for Patterson.

I was shocked to hear Pelini was chosen over Patterson in 2009.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson should be at the top of any major program's wish list. For some reason he gets snubbed often.

Personally I think the best coaches NOT at a blue blood are:

Patterson
Mullen
Cutcliff

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing do with that. His OL is a dumpster fire. It has been for 2 years. That is on the coach. This isn't year 1 or 2 for him at FSU. Roster issues are his own doing at this point
He has also lost a lot assistants because of budget limitations. If he jumps this will be the number one reason.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo has been getting talked to lately, about his OL Coach and his DC.

Folks want those guys gone. I typed a week or so ago that I heard they told
him those guys were gone one way or another. Either he was going to do it
or they were going to do it. One person told, they had told him the new HC would
do it if he didn't do it.

Fisher is not going anywhere. He has his sons in Tally, and he is divorced, thus he
can't just go get them on weekends.

He's getting a little bit of heat, because he has the third most elite players in the country
and we are struggling. Fisher's name has probably come up because his agent, that
prick Sexton, is throwing his name out there. Not for the job, per se, but to let FSU folks
know we need him more than he needs us. He probably needs to rethink his position,
because nobody believes we need him more than he needs us. If he can't win with
what's on our roster right now, he ain't gonna win at ATM.

His heyday was recruiting Jamies Winston, those two years we were awesome...before
and after, we were good to excellent, but we always lost to somebody that didn't belong
on the field with us.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is not going anywhere. He has his sons in Tally, and he is divorced, thus he
can't just go get them on weekends.

:puzzled: I'm sure the 2 hour, $250 flight from Tallahassee to College Station is really gonna break a $7 million dollar man like Jimbo...

I understand wanting to be around your kids, even as teenagers, and I understand his youngest is ill with a rare serious disease. But maybe there is more to it than $$$. Didn't his wife bang some players and/or other faculty/coaches or something like that? If so, that would be an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation at work..

And for the record, I like Jimbo. He's a good coach, great recruiter, and good personality. His loss would be the rest of the ACCs gain however.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he did lose his starting QB in the first game. And yeah injuries are a part of the game, hell Bama knows all about it this year. So i'll give Jimbo a pass and give him the benefit of the doubt.

If Alabama had lost their starting QB in game 1, would Alabama have the terrible record that FSU has???
Of course not.
Stop giving Jimbo a pass.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimbo goes to A&M and Kelly goes to Florida then the corn dogs would have to face Jimbo, Saban, and Kelly every year. Coach O got some tough sledding

I like Sumlin. However, he leaned on Sherman/Turners OL until there was nothing left. Allowed the defense to get even worse (if that was even possible)

Defense got so bad that it took two years under Chavis to make them mediocre.
OL was to bad that it took two years with Turner back to make them mediocre.

He has everything in place to have a good year next year, and we’ve been told that every year for 5 years.

Too little and too late for the rich assholes that are pulling the strings. I just hope Jimbo doesn’t turn out to be another Fran

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the word and supposedly Jimbo is coming in, which would make me laugh
If A&M brings that slimey POS to College Station, I will not follow Aggie football.
giphy.gif

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alabama had lost their starting QB in game 1, would Alabama have the terrible record that FSU has???
Of course not.
Stop giving Jimbo a pass.

Nick Saban > Jimbo

Why is everyone acting like he's a terrible coach or a bad fit for Texas fucking A&M

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban > Jimbo

Why is everyone acting like he's a terrible coach or a bad fit for Texas fucking A&M

Maybe because there is no excuse for his team to perform the way it has.
There are a dozen top programs that could have lost their starting QB and done way better than what Jimbo has produced this year.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A&M brings that slimey POS to College Station, I will not follow Aggie football.
giphy.gif
I’ll still support the team. I supported them during the Fran Plan. My fellow Aggies would disagree with me here - they should not have fired Sherman in the first place.

I have a strange feeling that we will hire Morris anyway thanks to the bone head regents and the good ‘ol boy network