• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sub 4 hour round

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today at my course the marshal came and asked us to speed up at the 13th hole. On hole 17, the marshal came and watched our entire hole. We teed up at 6:58 in the morning. We finished at 10:55. A foursome. I went in and mentioned to the clubhouse manager that this rubbed us all the wrong way. She actually defended it saying we were basically a shot behind on 13. Yeah... we were a little slow on 12, which is a bitch of a hole, but otherwise were basically right behind the group in front of us. Has anybody ever heard of getting harassed about a sub 4 hour round? I've never had anything but respect for the clubhouse manager, but what the hell?

Last edited:

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today at my course the marshal came and asked us to speed up at the 13th hole. On hole 17, the marshal came and watched our entire hole. We teed up at 6:58 in the morning. We finished at 10:55. A foursome. I went in and mentioned to the clubhouse manager that this rubbed us all the wrong way. She actually defended it saying we were basically a shot behind on 13. Yeah... we were a little slow on 12, which is a bitch of a hole, but otherwise were basically right behind the group in front of us. Has anybody ever heard of getting harassed about a sub 4 hour round? I've never had anything but respect for the clubhouse manager, but what the hell?

It is not uncommon for early groups on the weekends to be targeted by a ranger or marshal. The pace is set by the early groups and can mess up play on a course for an entire day.

With that said, many rangers do not know how to deal with this in a polite way. Instead, they make it worse. You guys got it in under 4 hours, so you had the right to state your case.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you wouldn't let faster group play through they shouldn't have mentioned your pace if 4 of you were done inside 4 hours. I've never seen a speed limit faster than 2:10 per 9 posted.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate four hour rounds but that;s the standard and the Marshall should have left you alone.

I can't wait for football to start, the course is usually pretty open and the wife and I can walk 18 in about two and a half hours.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you played in a sub 4 hrs, the group ahead had to be even faster or at least as fast...you guys are welcome to play at my home course any day of the week.

A shot behind on that kind of pace? Nah, unless you were holding up the group behind the marshal/pro should not have said anything.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a divorce

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually end up behind OP and his foursome. It's cool. I just pull off in the shade and drink beer.

What sucks is when I have several waiting on me and I feel rushed.