• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SU gets 3 star WR Verbal Commit

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beau Benzschawel

Another 3 star, TE/OL, 6-6, 250 pounds. SU getting bigger players.

Beau Benzschawel

:suds:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU gets a commitment from three-star wide receiver Jamal Custis.

The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder from Neumann-Goretti High School in Philadelphia also held scholarship offers from Virginia, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Central Florida and Connecticut, among others.

At that size, we may see him on the bball team too.

Syracuse football recruiting: Jamal Custis, a 6-foot-6 wide receiver, gives verbal commitment to Orange | syracuse.com

So, we will suck! Syracuse has NO business having a D 1 football program!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that some time has passed to digest all the hubbub of signing day, we spoke with 247Sports recruiting analyst JC Shurburtt to dissect the class and bring a national perspective to the conversation on some of the hottest recruiting questions relative to Syracuse football.
Off we go ...

Syracuse Media Group: From what you know of this coaching staff's recruiting acumen, how would you grade how it did in 2014?

Shurburtt: I think they did quite well. You look at it, it's a top 50 class, its 10th in the ACC, which is sort of middle of the pack. But a lot of the guys they got I really think they're sort of sleeper types. KJ Williams, we have him as four stars. He's a versatile guy. He can play receiver. He can play on defense.

Chris Slayton was a player out of Illinois that some other schools had an interest in, and he ended up at Syracuse.

Denzel Ward was committed to Michigan early, and he's a project, but he's 6-foot-8 and 310 (pounds), you can't coach that.

I think I got a text from Steve Ishmael's coach just about every week updating his stats talking about how he was the best receiver in Florida, so at least one person down there really likes the kid.

Alin Edouard could be a special player at quarterback.

Parris Bennett is a tough Detroit kid who will do big things.

Even this guy Kayton Samuels out of Atlanta they got, he's undersized but he's athletic, and you look at the defensive line class, they signed some good defensive linemen: Slayton, Samuels, they got one out of Alabama late (Jalen Harvey). I like that part of it. That's a big deal when you want to compete for championships.

And then at receiver with Williams, Ishmael and then Adly Enoicy. He was a guy that got a lot of run early. He's got good size, probably not the best speed in the world, but a good player.

And then Jamal Custis, I think, has a lot of upside out of Philly. The receivers are a strength in this class.

Here's the entire article:

Syracuse football recruiting: Q&A with 247Sports national recruiting analyst JC Shurburtt | syracuse.com