• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strike zone, intentional BB

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the strike zone changed. It's ruined the game. The low pitch is almost as hard to hit as one around the armpits.

As for the end to the intentional 4-ball walk, I can't say I agree. I see too many that are touch-and-go.
Plus, it's a live ball.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that rule about ? Saving time or pitch counts ? Just hit the fucker in the ribs on the first pitch. That's a dead ball too. Ok...then make a rule you have to say you're sorry after....and repeal the replay, the DH, raise the mound and enforce PED and strike zone rules currently on the books...and the game will be a lot faster, and baseball ERA's and run totals will look more like baseball over pre-1990 history...you know back when the game was the "National Pastime", before they made all these rules to make it "better" for fans leaving for more exiting viewing like MLS and transsexual badminton.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would like to see a Velcro rule for hitters.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson could have solved the velcro stall tactic. They would issue 1 pitch "intentional" walks that were dead balls that left a bruise...ask Robin Ventura how he learned when he took too long to get in the box....there is the infamous u-tube beatdown, but didn't show the prelude stall that caused it... No one bat flipped Don Drysdale or Steve Carlton, or even Goose Gossage....for reasons that had nothing to do with itters not wanting to "express themselves". It made the game faster, and not many umpires ever got noticed.