• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stretch Run of the NFC North

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division has been a tough one to figure out, and both of the clear cut favorites in Minnesota and Green Bay seem to be completely stuck in the mud.

The first month of the season, it appeared to be Minnesota's division in a runaway. Now, I don't think people would be shocked if they were to miss the playoffs all together. The door was left wide open for Green Bay to take control, and they have been completely unable to get anything going.

Minnesota's offense is in shambles, and we're starting to see their defense be affected by it as well. Green Bay is very banged up on both sides of the ball, the offense looks completely out of synch and I am starting to have doubts as to whether they're going to be able to figure things out.

I can't believe I am saying this, but does Detroit actually have the road easiest traveled to the North title here? They're far from impressive, but they're the only team that isn't super banged up, nor do they have an obvious flaw. They also seem to have a somewhat beatable schedule.

This makes it all the more frustrating to me that we couldn't find a way to pull out even one of those games vs IND or JAX that we handed away. This division is up for grabs and we're just getting healthy. It's far more than likely too late for us now.

Anyway, who do you guys think has the edge in the division right now? Somebody has to win it. I'm still going to say Rodgers and Green Bay does just enough to pull it out. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if 9-7 wins this thing.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, I feel a 13 game winning streak coming on.
8730ba33d39196a1b716064cf633c5ad.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers will take it imo.

I was with you until last night. That team is bad man. That defense is atrocious, and the offense is WAY out of rhythm. No run game, Rodgers struggling, WR play is down... They're done.

Plus, look at their schedule. They're going to be 4-9 when they come into Soldier Field in a few weeks.

at PHI
vs HOU
vs SEA

Then they finish with at CHI, vs MIN, at DET

It's very hard to envision them even winning four of those games. Much less the 5 to get to 9-7, which is likely the required minimum to win the division.

MIN plays DET on Thanksgiving, so one of those two teams will be 7-4. When GB loses at Philly. They'll be 4-7, 3 games back and Houston/Seattle upcoming. They're cashed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you until last night. That team is bad man. That defense is atrocious, and the offense is WAY out of rhythm. No run game, Rodgers struggling, WR play is down... They're done.

Plus, look at their schedule. They're going to be 4-9 when they come into Soldier Field in a few weeks.

at PHI
vs HOU
vs SEA

Then they finish with at CHI, vs MIN, at DET

It's very hard to envision them even winning four of those games. Much less the 5 to get to 9-7, which is likely the required minimum to win the division.

MIN plays DET on Thanksgiving, so one of those two teams will be 7-4. When GB loses at Philly. They'll be 4-7, 3 games back and Houston/Seattle upcoming. They're cashed.
I still think GB takes it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay... why?

There is no logical reason to believe Green Bay is going to win the division at this point. They're bad, and they've been bad and slowly deteriorating since mid-last season.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay... why?

...cause they still get to play the Bears again?... just sayin.

nah...As much as I hate to say it, I think Detroit has the division at this point. Minny came on last week but I don't see them sustaining it. Still no running game and they needed 2 D/ST scores.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...cause they still get to play the Bears again?... just sayin.

nah...As much as I hate to say it, I think Detroit has the division at this point. Minny came on last week but I don't see them sustaining it. Still no running game and they needed 2 D/ST scores.

They won... but they beat a very bad road team, with an aging QB that is clearly on his last legs and has been since late last year. They got a 100 yard pick six, a kick return TD and still the game came down to the final possession.

I think the winner on Thanksgiving wins the North, but only by default. Both teams are average, AT BEST. This division downright stinks this season. It's really unfortunate everything that happened to us as well, we'd at least have a shot if we had stayed healthy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... why?

There is no logical reason to believe Green Bay is going to win the division at this point. They're bad, and they've been bad and slowly deteriorating since mid-last season.
Cuz their competition is doing everything to blow it and will continue to do so. I still have a feeling the packers will turn it around.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz their competition is doing everything to blow it and will continue to do so. I still have a feeling the packers will turn it around.

The Packers are blowing WAY worse than those two teams. It's not even close man. I've always been a big pro Rodgers guy, but they are DONE.

This isn't some funk they're in. This is who they are, and who they have been since last season. Now, it's really all unraveling.

They'll be 3 games back come Sunday. Even if they can play a bit better, they are still done.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not who the packers are. This season is worse injury wise than 2010. Half of our starters on defense are out and will be for the foreseeable future. The offense is finally getting healthy but too little too late I think. If the Lions win Thursday the div is theirs

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not who the packers are. This season is worse injury wise than 2010. Half of our starters on defense are out and will be for the foreseeable future. The offense is finally getting healthy but too little too late I think. If the Lions win Thursday the div is theirs

Agreed. The injuries have been devastating for you all defensively. They had a good unit prior to getting hit hard with the injury-bug.

Although, as a Bears fan, we only have ONE starter left on offense from what we came into the year with... and it comes in the form of arguably our worse offensive lineman (Charles Leno). We've also lost two QB's for the year, and will likely finish the rest of the season with Matt Barkley leading the way. So it is hard to garner an abundance of sympathy for you. lol

The GB offense though... that's a different story. That's been tailing off since the middle of last season or so. McCarthy's timing offense doesn't seem to be gelling correctly, and there is just zero rhythm out there. Not to mention, no run game. Rodgers can't seem to make any plays within the offense, it all comes out of improvisations. Which is not sustainable... Something has got to change, and I feel as though it will be the coaching staff.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect any sympathy as you guys have had it just as bad if not worse in the injury dept. We'll see if Michael helps our run game at all. If he can add even a little spark along with Cook we could see an improvement on offense. Lacy's injuries the last two years have handcuffed us a bit

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a long times Lions fan I have 0 faith that they can take the game tomorrow, they have too long of a history of finding new ways to make the constant losing still feel bad. You would think that by now I would be numb to all the losing, but they still can make it hurt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect any sympathy as you guys have had it just as bad if not worse in the injury dept. We'll see if Michael helps our run game at all. If he can add even a little spark along with Cook we could see an improvement on offense. Lacy's injuries the last two years have handcuffed us a bit

Eh... Michael is nothing more than a serviceable and mildly talented RB. If he was anything more he wouldn't be going on his 4th team change in two season. Him and Starks will keep each other more fresh, but that's about it. I don't know that it's your RB that's the problem. It seems to be much bigger than that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long times Lions fan I have 0 faith that they can take the game tomorrow, they have too long of a history of finding new ways to make the constant losing still feel bad. You would think that by now I would be numb to all the losing, but they still can make it hurt.

It`ll be an interesting game,thats for sure..........And when the Bears are not in the picture,I`m always cheering for you guys.
So the best of luck to your team today. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It`ll be an interesting game,thats for sure..........And when the Bears are not in the picture,I`m always cheering for you guys.
So the best of luck to your team today. :suds:

Except for the Schwartz/Suh era... ugh... Fuck Jim Schwartz. What a clown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy oh boy... I was the last person to write GB off, and then they go and play a nice game vs Philly.

Still a tough two game stretch vs HOU and SEA. However, they only have to pickup one game on DET over the next four weeks, and it will force a "winner take all" scenario in week 17 with GB heading to Detroit.