• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Street Agents, the Godfather and Tidewater 7 on 7 camps, Thoroughbreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTimHokie85

3rd and 31 Productions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean if someone was slandering you on the internet, as well as posting your personal information such as your phone number and address, that you would just simply ignore it?

I think the correct definition maybe Libel Mr. UVA Law? Not slander?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure where his info was posted. In another post on the Wahoos247 thread about this, Cutler says that someone put out a lot of his personal information.

I've been following this pretty closely and it has not been posted on any of the VT sites I have seen. Definitely not the 247 site.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's defamation, in case anyone's interested. The only difference is slander is considered a verbal form of it, and libel in writing. Doesn't really matter. The rules are the same.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The stakes have certainly been taken higher. While the vast majority of kids probably had no idea of the attack going on, it's safe to say they all will now in 757 at least. I guess I should say thanks.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stakes have certainly been taken higher. While the vast majority of kids probably had no idea of the attack going on, it's safe to say they all will now in 757 at least. I guess I should say thanks.

I am still not clear on what you are indicating. Are you saying that questioning the actions of this group will cause some targets to turn on VT, since it was bought up by a UNC fan and propagated on a UVA message board?

Fine....

We will take ours, and you can have yours. See y'all on the field on Saturday after Thanksgiving.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even you are right about UNC and UVA board talk, the escalation has happened here and in some other places. The point is that as the kids hear about all of this, maybe they'll laugh and shrug it off. On the other hand they might get kind of pissed off and spread that around. I don't think it's very smart to smack talk a kid's parent who is reacting to some pretty vicious shit in the first place - on a pay site.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you are right about UNC and UVA board talk, the escalation has happened here and in some other places. The point is that as the kids hear about all of this, maybe they'll laugh and shrug it off. On the other hand they might get kind of pissed off and spread that around. I don't think it's very smart to smack talk a kid's parent who is reacting to some pretty vicious shit in the first place - on a pay site.

The stuff said on THIS BOARD pales in comparison to what Cutler's father said in his own post that was quoted here. LOL. As far as other boards....not my business...

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Cutler is the prime example of why parents of players either need to lighten up when they post on the internet with fans or just abstain completely from message boards. The discourse between VT and UVA is harmless compared to some rivalries out there and if he has a problem with the way VT fans have been posting and starts making it personal, then he's going to be in a long 4-5 years. If the rumors are simply untrue, then ignore them, but he is going to make it much more difficult on his son if he starts taking things personally.

Of course there are grains of truth in both perspectives. There are embers smoldering on both sides here.

Regarding JK, Bright Lights, Big City. plus good times with friends still isn't enough to go Full Romney. There is certainly more. Cabal Bayside, and Cabal Ocean Lakes may have begun only in perception, but as they grew and combined, the fringe vermin get involved, with Nike, shoes, limelight, money, fatherly agendas, gentle nudges, and ultimately a fathers blind pride turns to street agency (and the vermin on staff take over, since their agendas are never altruistic). If it were a movie, it would be considered predictable.

How would you write the ending? Its always the innocent that get screwed in the movies. I hope that doesn't happen here, but twenty or so players are already folded into this, and that's the first predictable result.

I predict some will band together, dig in, and fight the perception, and that will be bad for VT recruiting in the long run.

I also predict that others will distance themselves from all things Academy, as best they can given proximity. That of course will speak to character and upbringing more than anything else.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am still not clear on what you are indicating. Are you saying that questioning the actions of this group will cause some targets to turn on VT, since it was bought up by a UNC fan and propagated on a UVA message board?

I am still unclear to this as well. What exactly to UVA fans think the outcome of this will be? The way I look at it, the only way any kid from the 757 would be effected by this would be if there is someone else steering him towards a certain school. This really does not effect the players at all, unless a guy like CoachCutler, who has removed all doubt that he's not the brightest guy around, takes it upon himself to channel kids to CML, which is what this is all about in the first place..

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly did Kamara do? He wasn't committed to either school. Caleb Henderson was wearing a UVa sweatshirt not too long ago at one of the UVa camps, but that doesn't mean he is 100% definitely going to commit to UVa.

Ask Keith Niebuhr what wasn't said on camera in N.Y.

VTimHokie85

3rd and 31 Productions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's defamation, in case anyone's interested. The only difference is slander is considered a verbal form of it, and libel in writing. Doesn't really matter. The rules are the same.

Yes they are both forms of deformation. No, the rules are not the same and it would matter if a said party took legal action.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean if someone was slandering you on the internet, as well as posting your personal information such as your phone number and address, that you would just simply ignore it?

On the internet would be seen, not heard, and therefore would be libel not slander.

IMO and FWIW, the posting or stating of truthful information that is in the public domain, such as phone number, address, etc, in and of itself, is not defaming, and therefore not libel or slander.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the internet would be seen, not heard, and therefore would be libel not slander.

IMO and FWIW, the posting or stating of truthful information that is in the public domain, such as phone number, address, etc, in and of itself, is not defaming, and therefore not libel or slander.

A cell phone number is not public domain....

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cell phone number is not public domain....

Yes, in the case of Watts, it certainly is, since he used it to register a website, and also to list his mental health business.

Shall I provide the dozens of links in the public domain for you?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just researched all of his posts on Wahoos247, and he changed his name from cwhoosnext to Coach Carson. VTFF was finally correct about something for a change.

LOL :happyshake:

I don't doubt he wrote that (which was painful to read by the way). But he is certainly downplaying things.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2_560291.jpg

"So you wanna go to Club 216 on our next official?"

Status
Not open for further replies.