• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished season 2 last night. I dug it.

I think season 3 will involve Billy and Max more...maybe even their militant Dad. Maybe Hawkins lab is what brought them from Cali to begin with er something? He definitely seems the military type.
As far as season 2 is concerned Billy is a pointless character who had no business taking up that much screen time. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed season 2 it still came up a bit short compared to season 1.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as season 2 is concerned Billy is a pointless character who had no business taking up that much screen time. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed season 2 it still came up a bit short compared to season 1.

Unless of course they are setting things up for Season 3, wherein he plays a huge role. That pointlessness in season 2 is pretty much how I drew the conclusion that'd he'd play a more vital role in 3.

There is no way they could bottle what they had in Season 1. It was way too big of a phenomenon, (for lack of better words) to re-capture. With that said, I liked 2, and look forward to 3.

They better hurry tho, before the biggest monster of all gets em'.....PUBERTY. lulz

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course they are setting things up for Season 3, wherein he plays a huge role. That pointlessness in season 2 is pretty much how I drew the conclusion that'd he'd play a more vital role in 3.

There is no way they could bottle what they had in Season 1. It was way too big of a phenomenon, (for lack of better words) to re-capture. With that said, I liked 2, and look forward to 3.

They better hurry tho, before the biggest monster of all gets em'.....PUBERTY. lulz
Not necessarily. It could still be a good show with the main crew in high school. Steve and the older sister aren't characters that are needed but I am confident that they will pump out season 3 by next fall.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I'm thinking. Initially I thought his only purpose was to help cement Steve's "face turn". But I really don't think we needed Billy for that all that much after all. Even if he just dies a really cool death at the hands of whatever supernatural phenomenon is terrorizing them next season, he will at least serve some purpose.

I'm also pretty sure that so far he's had no interaction with Jonathan very little with Nancy which I find kind of interesting. I can see that changing somehow next season, especially if Billy starts banging Nancy's mom.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first 2 of season 2 and I'm having trouble getting back into it. Also, a couple of the kids they're focusing on really aren't very good actors, which is something that I either didn't notice in season one or didn't bother me. I'll probably watch a couple more tonight.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first 2 of season 2 and I'm having trouble getting back into it. Also, a couple of the kids they're focusing on really aren't very good actors, which is something that I either didn't notice in season one or didn't bother me. I'll probably watch a couple more tonight.

This was all wrong. Things really picked up the 3rd episode.. terrific.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this after Thor Ragnorock was a good idea. I needed something with complex character interactions and a slow build up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back half was definitely better than the front half, but I still think it wasn’t necessary. The great thing about S1 was the nostalgia. The story itself was good enough, but whatever. S2 tried with the nostalgia, but that had already been done in that setting. It didn’t have the same impact. And the story itself was good enough, but whatever.

S1 ended perfectly for an anthology. Expanding it was simply unnecessary.
Season 1 did wrap up perfectly and I remembered thinking that after it was done.

I really liked Season 2 but there are 2 major issues with the show that will mean that it will suck at some point.

1. The main thing that moved Season 1 forward was the mystery of the upside down and the demigorgon. That cat is already out of the bag so they dont have the same level of intrigue movie forward. I feel like this is the big issue with the first half of Season 2 'starting slowly' which I'm guessing might be a common complaint.

2. Eleven is too strong and the demidogs are too strong. The D&D party analogy fell apart completely. Hopper is a level 1 Ranger, Eleven is a level 6 Mage, Bob was a level 1 Rogue and every other character is a blank character sheet. They way they dealt with it in Season 2 is hiding Eleven for most of the season and then having her go on her trip to Chicago but when she comes back you start to realize that everyone else is just a future victim without her. It really hurts the coming of age 80s feel of the movie, imo, when everyone else's role is waiting for Goku to show up. When Eleven finally comes back, Mike took such a back seat in the movie that the emotional impact of that moment wasnt nearly as big as it should have been. Mikes role in the universe is now basically Lois Lane. Lucas is really only defined by the fact that he likes Madmax. Jonathan is really only defined by the fact that he likes Nancy and he helps out Will. Will is a perpetual victim....but they all are. Dustin, Steve and Billy are all very interesting but Dustin is the only one from the core group that stands out in any way now.

I do like Season 2, though. There are a lot of great 80s songs, vibes and 'why would you ever do that?' moments that make the show great. The visuals as a whole are really impressive and the character interactions are complex and mostly believable with some fun dialogue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 did wrap up perfectly and I remembered thinking that after it was done.

I really liked Season 2 but there are 2 major issues with the show that will mean that it will suck at some point.

1. The main thing that moved Season 1 forward was the mystery of the upside down and the demigorgon. That cat is already out of the bag so they dont have the same level of intrigue movie forward. I feel like this is the big issue with the first half of Season 2 'starting slowly' which I'm guessing might be a common complaint.

2. Eleven is too strong and the demidogs are too strong. The D&D party analogy fell apart completely. Hopper is a level 1 Ranger, Eleven is a level 6 Mage, Bob was a level 1 Rogue and every other character is a blank character sheet. They way they dealt with it in Season 2 is hiding Eleven for most of the season and then having her go on her trip to Chicago but when she comes back you start to realize that everyone else is just a future victim without her. It really hurts the coming of age 80s feel of the movie, imo, when everyone else's role is waiting for Goku to show up. When Eleven finally comes back, Mike took such a back seat in the movie that the emotional impact of that moment wasnt nearly as big as it should have been. Mikes role in the universe is now basically Lois Lane. Lucas is really only defined by the fact that he likes Madmax. Jonathan is really only defined by the fact that he likes Nancy and he helps out Will. Will is a perpetual victim....but they all are. Dustin, Steve and Billy are all very interesting but Dustin is the only one from the core group that stands out in any way now.

I do like Season 2, though. There are a lot of great 80s songs, vibes and 'why would you ever do that?' moments that make the show great. The visuals as a whole are really impressive and the character interactions are complex and mostly believable with some fun dialogue.

Your right about the rest of the team besides 11... BUT don't you think bringing in 8 was pretty much saying that there are more heroes to the story?? I mean there has to be at least 11 special powered humans... Nobody thinks 11 will be able to win all by herself, but with the rest of her sisters... that should be a fun fight with some exciting powers...

but yes, the rest of the team are just damsel's in distress...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right about the rest of the team besides 11... BUT don't you think bringing in 8 was pretty much saying that there are more heroes to the story?? I mean there has to be at least 11 special powered humans... Nobody thinks 11 will be able to win all by herself, but with the rest of her sisters... that should be a fun fight with some exciting powers...

but yes, the rest of the team are just damsel's in distress...
I just watched Angry Joe's wrap up of Stranger Things and their season 3 predictions were interesting. If you piece it together, there is some really good stuff there and I hadn't quite added it all up. I just think that they are going to lose all of the heart in the show.

There is a logical villain in Season 3, a logical direction and certainly they can add more powered characters but they don't really have to. Brenner is probably still alive. He'll probably come back to the small town and get possessed by the Mind Flayer. Kali will follow him back from Chicago...maybe hook up with Billy maybe giving that character some depth and they'll sort of be the Magneto element in the universe where they push things to the edge. Eleven might find some other people with power and she'll have to fight Kali for which direction they take as heroes or antiheroes.

Maybe Will gets some powers at some point. Maybe Dustin's relationship with Dart has some weird extra payoff. Its just....there are so many characters that could just sort of mix into the background at this point because there isnt much of a need to focus on them. Adding in more powered characters would make that problem worse.

There is hope for Stranger Things moving forward. They just might need to leave certain characters behind.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rewatched season 1 first ..just to make sure that would not happen.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll be the ass that has to ask your teenage ass, wtf (<----recognizable) GH is?
generalhospital_subherojpg.jpg

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Billy and the crazy dad are going to be integral characters going forward.

So is El’s sister and her gang.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching Season 2. I'm at the finale now. Pretty sure Mike freaking out at Hopper when he found out that he was hiding 11 is my least favorite scene in the entire series. Far worse than anything Billy was a part of. Mike was actually quite annoying all through this season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching Season 2. I'm at the finale now. Pretty sure Mike freaking out at Hopper when he found out that he was hiding 11 is my least favorite scene in the entire series. Far worse than anything Billy was a part of. Mike was actually quite annoying all through this season.

Also, I find it funny that the kids playing Mike and Eleven are the ones relatively "blowing up" and that Will was barely a part of S1.

The kid who plays Will is by far the best actor of the kids.