• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that assessment. Don't think season 2 added much and would have preferred to see an entirely new storyline from the Duffers. I enjoyed season 2 well enough, paled in comparison to season 1, which just leaves me annoyed season 3 will continue upon this same path.

Why would you expect a different storyline, when season 1 left it obvious that said story was unfinished?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you expect a different storyline, when season 1 left it obvious that said story was unfinished?
It was going to be an anthology before it got as popular as it did. And season 1 left some things open, but still needed well enough for me. Not everything has to have 14 different endings like LOTR to provide closure for every plot line, sometimes it's best just to end things and leave things open for speculation.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep forgetting to watch the current season! I'm normally kind of a wuss when it comes to "scary" stuff, but I really enjoyed the first season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching S2 now. Almost halfway through, and I still don’t quite know why they kept the story going. I just don’t think the concept is good enough to carry multiple seasons. I figured they had ended with the S1 finale, it would have been a fun, unsettled tale. As it is, it is just redoing what’s it already accomplished in S1.

Maybe (hopefully) the back half of the season will make it worth it, but so far... meh.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back half was definitely better than the front half, but I still think it wasn’t necessary. The great thing about S1 was the nostalgia. The story itself was good enough, but whatever. S2 tried with the nostalgia, but that had already been done in that setting. It didn’t have the same impact. And the story itself was good enough, but whatever.

S1 ended perfectly for an anthology. Expanding it was simply unnecessary.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Billy was just there to make Harrington appear as even more of a good guy than he already does at this point. When they first introduced him in Season 1, I thought he was just going to be a one-dimensional douchy boyfriend to Nancy and rival to Jonathan and would probably be killed off once that arc was over. It looks like it's mostly over now and he has his own arc and can carry scenes without those two. Having Billy there as an antagonist helped get him over as a protagonist I think.

Not really sure if anything will become of the tension between Billy and his dad, or Billy and Mrs. Wheeler next season. If not Billy can probably be killed off any time now.
I actually kinda liked the Billy arc. On the surface he was just a bad-boy bully who treated his “sister” like shit. But in reality, and Max totally saw this, was that he was struggling with the situation himself, and had no outlet fir his frustrations, except to pour it all out onto Max.

Billy has not received his redemption or punishment yet. I think he will either fully break bad or join the Party in S3. I tend to think there is more possibility if his joining the party.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought season 2 was better than season 1.

Few story lines and disjointed moments, but nothing I'd hold against

One overplayed deux ex machina moment
What was the Deux Ex Machina moment? El showing up in time to kill the dog? I thought was explained rather well leading up to it. Dart being the dog they ran into? Is that really Deux Ex Machina? And I think that was set up pretty strongly in the front half anyway.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the Deux Ex Machina moment? El showing up in time to kill the dog? I thought was explained rather well leading up to it. Dart being the dog they ran into? Is that really Deux Ex Machina? And I think that was set up pretty strongly in the front half anyway.

The perfect timing by El when house is surrounded

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kinda liked the Billy arc. On the surface he was just a bad-boy bully who treated his “sister” like shit. But in reality, and Max totally saw this, was that he was struggling with the situation himself, and had no outlet fir his frustrations, except to pour it all out onto Max.

Billy has not received his redemption or punishment yet. I think he will either fully break bad or join the Party in S3. I tend to think there is more possibility if his joining the party.

I kind of like Billy too but realize I'm in the minority, and so far not sure what purpose he serves to the overall story. We'll likely find out next season. I really hope they don't redeem him though, at least not to the extent that they already did with Steve. It will be interesting to see how 11 deals with him at some point. Are we supposed to believe he's a racist or does he simply not want Max hanging around with any guys period?

As I re-watch season one I noticed that other than the scientist/"bad men", there have been 3 human deaths so far (maybe more if I'm forgetting one) and all of their names start with B; Benny, Barb, and Bob. Might just be a coincidence. Billy has already outlasted those 3.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season one. It was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but entertaining for sure.

Natalia Dyer is the first broad who's made me feel like Aqualung.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished season 2 last night. I dug it.

I think season 3 will involve Billy and Max more...maybe even their militant Dad. Maybe Hawkins lab is what brought them from Cali to begin with er something? He definitely seems the military type.