• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stop the presses...I actually agree with Paul George on something

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the line is blurred when it's regarding a player that is vocal or plays with extreme passion. Dray does both. He actually takes a beating down there in the paint guarding 4's & 5's. He often times is hit and pushed without the benefit of the call.

Some will say it's related to his rep & is his fault. But really? I mean if you weren't afraid to be vocal would you want that to be a free pass for others to foul you constantly? And in terms of complaining, A LOT of guys do it - including the so-called best player in the world & he isn't blackballed for it. Hell, he even complained during the AS game. lol

There's a difference between disputing calls and disputing EVERY call. He leads the league in technicals for a reason. The unexplainable flailing is a red flag for me as well. Too bad, because he is a uniquely talented player that should have a better reputation in the league if he could lighten up a little.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha so you're saying that Dray is a dirty player?

Where I come from if you are fascinated with other dudes nuts that’s about the best you can hope to be labeled.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardfouls and fighting can be no-pussyish. But falling on someone? Putting a leg underneath a shooter? I'd prefer them to set hard picks, physically box out, be competitively physical. It does nothing for depussifying the league to have cheap "accidental" tricks.
It's a physical game even though it's not as physical as Football or Hockey. If Paul George and others can't take the physicality of the game - then perhaps they should consider baseball. With baseball, they could try the majors and see if they can do better then Michael Jordan.

If that doesn't work out, perhaps they should try the girls or women softball leagues:lol:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a physical game even though it's not as physical as Football or Hockey. If Paul George and others can't take the physicality of the game - then perhaps they should consider baseball. With baseball, they could try the majors and see if they can do better then Michael Jordan.

If that doesn't work out, perhaps they should try the girls or women softball leagues:lol:

Ehh, they aren't complaining about taking an elbow on a clear-out from Malone.

They aren't complaining of Stockton's hard screens on pick and rolls.

Those are physical plays from a physical game. And yes, John and Karl were dirty often.

It's putting your foot under the shooter when he lands and acting like was accidental. More people would hate him than now, but I'd be more accepting of honesty.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between disputing calls and disputing EVERY call. He leads the league in technicals for a reason. The unexplainable flailing is a red flag for me as well. Too bad, because he is a uniquely talented player that should have a better reputation in the league if he could lighten up a little.
Well I just find it funny that most players dispute calls A LOT...I would bet just as much as Dray does and yet he's labeled a certain way for it. Let's keep it 100 and call a spade a spade.

Now if you have an opinion about the other stuff Dray does in terms of his passion & his tendency to be very vocal I get it. The saying is true - if he's on your team you love him & if he's not you hate him. At the end of the day his passion is what drives that team & the org loves him & how he plays so don't expect to see changes there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, they aren't complaining about taking an elbow on a clear-out from Malone.

They aren't complaining of Stockton's hard screens on pick and rolls.

Those are physical plays from a physical game. And yes, John and Karl were dirty often.

It's putting your foot under the shooter when he lands and acting like was accidental. More people would hate him than now, but I'd be more accepting of honesty.
I remember Bowen of the Spurs would hit players below the belt like with a knee - He was dirty player. This kind of where in my opinion the other players needs to take matter into their own hands by taking the culprit and making him a victim of his own dirty plays. Once he Zsa has been roughed up a few times, he will get the message.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I come from if you are fascinated with other dudes nuts that’s about the best you can hope to be labeled.
Well Adams did get called for a flagrant foul when he also kicked Beal in the nuts back in Jan...so same theory applies there too?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how there are drivers out there that get into tons of accidents, but none of them are technically their fault? Yeah, by definition, you weren't at fault. But by the sheer volume of incidents, you have to be somewhat responsible for putting yourself in those positions. I feel like that applies to Zaza at the very minimum.

I totally agree Zaza can and should be held responsible.

But, totally disagree with people making assumptions on his intent. Zaza is just as likely to hurt his own teammate as he is the opposition. IMO, that speaks for itself on Zaza's intentions.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Zaza can and should be held responsible.

But, totally disagree with people making assumptions on his intent. Zaza is just as likely to hurt his own teammate as he is the opposition. IMO, that speaks for itself on Zaza's intentions.

You mean like this:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like this:

Exactly.

Dude has the body control of a 7 year old. Suggesting he intentionally placed his big uncoordinated foot under Kawhi's without looking is just comical to me. And if he were really trying to hurt Russ, he would have fallen harder. He is a complete spaz.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still not as dirty as CP3 punching people in the dick