• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops comments on SEC

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach Bob Stoops On SEC Comments - "Get Over It!" - Crimson And Cream Machine

First let me say that I 100% agree with coach on this topic. What I don't get is why the middle of the road SEC teams keep getting all the love from the propaganda spewed by Disney/ESPN/ABC. Has anyone seen the latest coaches poll? Why don't coaches take their responsibility seriously? I can picture a head coach throwing his poll ballot at a graduate assistant and telling him to fill it out. All said graduate assistant ever hears is the propaganda and fills out accordingly. If everyone remembers this whole thing started when Stoops was asked about the strength of the SEC top to bottom and he said something to the effect that the top of the league is very good but the bottom gets love it doesn't deserve. This gives them the appearance of playing a really tough schedule when if fact they haven't. Case in point I will guarantee you that Florida after a 4-8 campaign last season will be ranked after they win their first two games against cupcake U. Bama , LSU , USCe, Auburn, and Mizzou are probably the only teams that deserve a ranking in this seasons poll. Yet here we are with A&M, Miss St., Ole Miss, and UGA all getting love based on what? Recruiting rankings? No they are getting this love based on how good it will make the league look when they play each other. What I don't understand is why the Big XII can't get this deal. Teams like Tech, OSU, KSU, and Texas have done enough in recent years to warrant a good ranking in the polls if the previously mentioned SEC teams do. Maybe the league needs to get out of their deal with Fox and get on board with the spin doctors. ESPN is almost totally in control of college football and it is a scary thing. Getting the LSU V Bama rematch a couple of years ago was bad enough but if they have their way the 4 team playoff will be all SEC! Mark my words for the committee that is supposed to decide 1-4 looking at who they played and those teams perceived strength will be a big deal in justifying who they put in those spots. A one loss Big XII team won't have a chance against a one loss SEC team even if the Big XII team played a better schedule. OSU had this happen to them when Bama got the rematch with LSU. Eventually everyone outside the SEC PAC, BIG10, Big XII, and ACC are going to have to band together to put and end to the propaganda crap. I'm glad coach Stoops sees it for what it is.