• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still alive in the Big 12 (A Homer's point of view)

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week looked like it was the end of our Big 12 chances. I say it is too soon. This conference has 5 teams with not too much difference among them with 2 losses or less. While I think we have little chance of going undefeated through the rest of the schedule, it is quite possible. If we can accomplish this, we very well may end up in the B12 title game. How do we get there.

1. Oklahoma- OSU- win
TCU- win
WVU loss end up with 2 losses (Need a blowout because there is no way the refs let us win that one)

2. Oklahoma State Oklahoma- loss
Iowa State- loss end up with 3 losses

3. TCU Texas- loss
Iowa State -loss end up with 3 losses

4. Iowa State
WVU loss end up with 2 losses
OSU- win

Texas WVU loss end up with 3 or more losses

I could see all of this happening with WVU going undefeated being the longest shot of all. With this scenario, Saturday could be a preview of the Big 12 championship game.

If this happens, Holgerson will have finally earned his contract.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Dana wins a NC, he hasn't earned a damn thing...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy if he could just beat Oklahoma.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KState won't be easy but it IS def winnable

Texas in Morgantown, another physical game but I think we can get a win there too.

OU out there... I like our offense vs their defense but they have us by a lot as far as their offense vs our defense and they also win special teams so... I don't feel good about that one at all right now, things could change but if we played today imo OU gets the win.

If the season finished out like that then I think we can be pretty happy about it all things considered.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still the right combination of losses we could make the championship game. However, that really makes us relevant as a spoiler. I could see a win if Grier decides to play more than 17 minutes of all star play per game.

Next point is that as a spoiler, we can once again cost the conference 2 million dollars by keeping an otherwise playoff contender out.

2013 we knocked Oklahoma state out of consideration
2015 we were Baylor's only loss
2017 do we knock Oklahoma out of the playoff.

Difficult scenario when you want your conference to have a seat in the playoff, but you want to win.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difficult scenario when you want your conference to have a seat in the playoff, but you want to win.
I guess I still think like an independent, a WVU win means WAY more than anything to do with the league!