• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry to tee it up in Web.Com event.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the dude can obviously play but not at that level. I'm never a fan of gimmicks like this.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ballin from the tips in a pro event...I thought he might shoot 82-85.

We'll have to see how he holds up on the back 9.

He's totally legit, just not at this level. I'd say it's even more impressive given the other guys are dedicated to golf but grinding it out barnstorming on the web.com tour isn't that much of an advantage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's totally legit, just not at this level. I'd say it's even more impressive given the other guys are dedicated to golf but grinding it out barnstorming on the web.com tour isn't that much of an advantage.

I can appreciate your thoughts that you'd rather not see him there. I think if a celebrity golfer is on this kind of level (meaning to play decent golf in this environment)...I'm okay with it on a tour like the Web.com...not on the PGAT, Euro tour, etc.

I'm not even that fond of the ATT Pro Am, but it does impact the gate with the celebrities playing or they wouldn't keep doing it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate your thoughts that you'd rather not see him there. I think if a celebrity golfer is on this kind of level (meaning to play decent golf in this environment)...I'm okay with it on a tour like the Web.com...not on the PGAT, Euro tour, etc.

I'm not even that fond of the ATT Pro Am, but it does impact the gate with the celebrities playing or they wouldn't keep doing it.

That one's for the fans and it's definitely something to go to if you have the chance. Not like it's must-watch TV though. I never liked Bill Murray's schtick. Kind of a disgrace to the game. I went once many years ago and it was fun. I know you don't care much for the Sr's tour but the Boeing classic is a lot of fun as well. Not too expensive to get in and it's nice to see guys that have quite a few years on even me just blasting it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 over through 16. Pretty decent showing for a professional basketball player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one's for the fans and it's definitely something to go to if you have the chance. Not like it's must-watch TV though. I never liked Bill Murray's schtick. Kind of a disgrace to the game. I went once many years ago and it was fun. I know you don't care much for the Sr's tour but the Boeing classic is a lot of fun as well. Not too expensive to get in and it's nice to see guys that have quite a few years on even me just blasting it.

Murray can play a little bit, but I don't his schtick either.

I played in a LPGAT pro am once...back when we had a tour stop...fun. Our pro was not a big name player, she smoked us on the scorecard, but I hit it by her at least half the driving holes. She got me a few times too and was not quiet about it....all in good fun.

Sr tour...I can appreciate the golf...I just think a pro tour with no cut is more like an exhibition tour. I jokingly call it the ATM tour. I was a volunteer at the Liberty Mutual when they had it at Slammer and Squire at the World Golf HOF.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 over 74. Beyond respectable.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I want to root for the guy because I'm a huge Steph fan but if he's going to show up for a pro event I'm going to evaluate him as a pro. You're close to dead last Steph. Stick to your day job because that's obviously working for you.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you folks see his first shot of the tournament on Sunday Thursday ended up in the cup?!
Albeit a golf cart cup, but a cup nevertheless!

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I meant to say Thursday.
His opening shot of the Tournament ended up in a cup holder, in a golf cart.
That is freaking remarkable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I want to root for the guy because I'm a huge Steph fan but if he's going to show up for a pro event I'm going to evaluate him as a pro. You're close to dead last Steph. Stick to your day job because that's obviously working for you.

I would expect him to be dead last actually.

He wasn't there to be a pro golfer for a week...he was there to help raise awareness for the event.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a few of the WD's were because guys did not want to get beat by the basketball player.