• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers want a replacement for Big ben

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it did... Rodgers was a great successor to Brett Favre.
Yeah considering they've won a Super Bowl and only missed the playoffs twice (his first year as a starter and last year injured) I'd say they made the right decision. The fact that's even up for debate is....well it's shouldn't be.

Reactions: GNG

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the result of poor drafting.

The point is, life after Ben is coming soon but we haven't been in a position to draft the next heir to the throne. We've always been drafting towards the last 10 picks and this franchise is for some reason scared of trading up in the draft for someone. I think Dobbs can be the guy but he's gotta be put ahead of Jones, he's gotta get more reps and he's gotta be put out there as the starter for those preseason games. Playing backup to the backup in the preseason is gonna get you nowhere. Dobbs is fast, he can be agile and he can run the ball when need to. The same that Ben was in his earlier years. Bottom line is: There's no way Landry Jones should be the next starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, life after Ben is coming soon but we haven't been in a position to draft the next heir to the throne. We've always been drafting towards the last 10 picks and this franchise is for some reason scared of trading up in the draft for someone. I think Dobbs can be the guy but he's gotta be put ahead of Jones, he's gotta get more reps and he's gotta be put out there as the starter for those preseason games. Playing backup to the backup in the preseason is gonna get you nowhere. Dobbs is fast, he can be agile and he can run the ball when need to. The same that Ben was in his earlier years. Bottom line is: There's no way Landry Jones should be the next starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Landry Jones looks to be a career backup at best and Dobbs looks like a project...These two give me zero confidence towards the future....They'll need to find someone soon to groom.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas needs a backup QB also since Cooper Rush isn't the answer and the jury is out on Dak being the future. Maybe they should look at Manziel or Kaepernick.

I think plenty of teams would like to kick the tires on Cooper Rush if Dallas isn't going to keep him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry Jones looks to be a career backup at best and Dobbs looks like a project...These two give me zero confidence towards the future....They'll need to find someone soon to groom.....

We know what Landry is, and we mostly all agree Dobbs is more project than prospect, but he'll get a chance to at least compete for the QB2 job...imo the replacement for Ben is not on the roster yet.

If they do anything in this draft...I think it would be Jackson or Rudolph if I had to guess....I still think 28 will be a DEF player....and probably 60 as well unless a RB jumps up the board. IMO, Jackson will go earlier than 28. If Rudolph is there at 28 I think they would pull the trigger.

We shall see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compassion is a strong suit of mine.

1.jpg

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have James Washington.

I wouldn't mind getting Mason though. But not at the expense at losing out on James.

How about both?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aycty2hlbku01.jpg

Someone has a chub.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite pleased.

The OL pick was weird. Need to get some defense now.
He looks like a big project.....Just need a little Munchak magic to make things happen.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what Landry is, and we mostly all agree Dobbs is more project than prospect, but he'll get a chance to at least compete for the QB2 job...imo the replacement for Ben is not on the roster yet.

If they do anything in this draft...I think it would be Jackson or Rudolph if I had to guess....I still think 28 will be a DEF player....and probably 60 as well unless a RB jumps up the board. IMO, Jackson will go earlier than 28. If Rudolph is there at 28 I think they would pull the trigger.

We shall see.
Now with the Rudolph pick, who's the odd man out? Dobbs or Jones? For me a tough call, but if Ben was injured for one or two games I'd be leaning towards Jones due to Dobbs having very little experience....These are clearly options I never hope to see.....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now with the Rudolph pick, who's the odd man out? Dobbs or Jones? For me a tough call, but if Ben was injured for one or two games I'd be leaning towards Jones due to Dobbs having very little experience....These are clearly options I never hope to see.....

oh, absolutely it's dobbs as the odd man out. i know we all like to give landry shit, but he's actually improved quite a bit from his rookie season to today, as far as being a back-up is concerned. is he the best back-up in the league? probably not, but he'll do in a pinch. dobbs, for all his attributes, just ain't it, sorry. personally, i'm pretty pumped to see rudolph get a shot to be the heir-apparent to Ben, give him maybe 2 seasons or so worth of time to watch ben work, learn fichtner's offense and try to become the best eventual starting qb he can be.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, absolutely it's dobbs as the odd man out. i know we all like to give landry shit, but he's actually improved quite a bit from his rookie season to today, as far as being a back-up is concerned. is he the best back-up in the league? probably not, but he'll do in a pinch. dobbs, for all his attributes, just ain't it, sorry. personally, i'm pretty pumped to see rudolph get a shot to be the heir-apparent to Ben, give him maybe 2 seasons or so worth of time to watch ben work, learn fichtner's offense and try to become the best eventual starting qb he can be.
Agree 100%

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they let them battle it out...if Dobbs hasn't shown any growth I think Jones will survive again. IMO the reason to keep Dobbs is he does bring a wrinkle element, and obviously the lower cap hit, but he's gotta earn it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they let them battle it out...if Dobbs hasn't shown any growth I think Jones will survive again. IMO the reason to keep Dobbs is he does bring a wrinkle element, and obviously the lower cap hit, but he's gotta earn it.
My thoughts exactly. It's going to be Jones vs. Dobbs for that final QB spot. They'll give Rudolph every chance to succeed like they did Jones. Dobbs is going to have to move mountains this offseason if he wants to unseat Jones though.