• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... If Pittsburgh-West isn't interested in Haley then everyone should take that as an indicator. Those guys leech everything from the Steelers in a desperate attempt to mimic success. And if Haley really is the reason behind the Steelers' offensive success over the last 5-6 years then why haven't other teams come calling about him? I don't ever recall anyone requesting to interview him.

Side note. Heard an interesting thought the other day about Haley. Someone brought up the idea that since Haley's contract is up by the end of the year that he may not be in Pittsburgh next season, which is likely setting up Roethlisberger's return. We have seen the friction between the 2 surface on multiple occasions this season and we know how incredibly inept Haley can be during situational football (3rd downs, RZ, etc). Maybe they are eyeing Randy Fichtner, Ben's QB coach, as the new OC? That could put the keys in Ben's pocket and let him direct the offense. Pretty good incentive to make 1 last go of it, don't you think? Fichtner started with the Steelers as the WR coach back in 2007 before taking the QB coaching position in 2010. Not to mention he has about 10 years worth of OC experience from the college ranks (Arkansas St & Memphis). Could be an interesting twist to the offseason.

Todd Haley's future as Pittsburgh Steelers OC at crossroads

I can't remember who said it butt I'll repeat it.....
If Haley is so good, why has no one wanted to even talk to him about a head coaching job or even a waterboy job, somewhere else.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Haley is so good, why has no one wanted to even talk to him about a head coaching job or even a waterboy job, somewhere else.
I pray to the football gods that Haley is selling tires this offseason and not preparing for another season in Pittsburgh.

Here's something to chew on... If Haley returns, he will tie Tom Moore for the longest tenured offensive coordinator in Steelers history. Let that sink in.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray to the football gods that Haley is selling tires this offseason and not preparing for another season in Pittsburgh.

Here's something to chew on... If Haley returns, he will tie Tom Moore for the longest tenured offensive coordinator in Steelers history. Let that sink in.

Seriously, what's wrong with that picture.
The only thing making him look good it's the talent on the offense, because it ain't his Fuckin play calling.
And I'm so Fuckin tired of seeing him bitch at Ben on the sideline. Ben had been there, Haley can't do Shit. To me you disrespect your field general add Haley does, your fucked. Haley is a piece of Shit anyway you slice it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what's wrong with that picture.
The only thing making him look good it's the talent on the offense, because it ain't his Fuckin play calling.
And I'm so Fuckin tired of seeing him bitch at Ben on the sideline. Ben had been there, Haley can't do Shit. To me you disrespect your field general add Haley does, your fucked. Haley is a piece of Shit anyway you slice it.

Well that gives us 1 less thing to worry about I guess? Next I expect to hear that Fichtner is hired as OC. Fingers crossed.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that gives us 1 less thing to worry about I guess? Next I expect to hear that Fichtner is hired as OC. Fingers crossed.

At this point I'd take one of the Harbaugh fags over Haley.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'd take one of the Harbaugh fags over Haley.
I hear ya. In Ben's final year, I'd give him someone he's familiar with. He has worked with Fichtner for a long time (2008/9 I believe?) and Randy has OC experience in the college ranks. IMO his hiring would indicate they want Ben to call more of the shots because Fichtner would know Ben's strengths better than anyone.

But yes, anyone could be viewed as better than Haley. Give my 17-month old a piece of paper & a box of crayons and I'd be willing to say he could draw up a better gameplan. Then again, I'm still very emotionally raw over losing today so I'm willing to say just about anything.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. In Ben's final year, I'd give him someone he's familiar with. He has worked with Fichtner for a long time (2008/9 I believe?) and Randy has OC experience in the college ranks. IMO his hiring would indicate they want Ben to call more of the shots because Fichtner would know Ben's strengths better than anyone.

But yes, anyone could be viewed as better than Haley. Give my 17-month old a piece of paper & a box of crayons and I'd be willing to say he could draw up a better gameplan. Then again, I'm still very emotionally raw over losing today so I'm willing to say just about anything.

Sign him!!!!!

Eh, what's to be mad about???
They allowed for to many distractions with the whole Harrison thing.....many were looking past this game and straight to Foxboro.....And after yesterday, no one is going into Foxboro, beating the striped pats or NY and the system.
You could see this let down coming days ago, then toss in fuck face bells bullshit games.....They beat themselves in their heads before ever driving to the stadium.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign him!!!!!

Eh, what's to be mad about???
They allowed for to many distractions with the whole Harrison thing.....many were looking past this game and straight to Foxboro.....And after yesterday, no one is going into Foxboro, beating the striped pats or NY and the system.
You could see this let down coming days ago, then toss in fuck face bells bullshit games.....They beat themselves in their heads before ever driving to the stadium.
This was the craziest season I've ever witnessed as a Steelers fan. So much drama... Did you see the thread I posted?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the craziest season I've ever witnessed as a Steelers fan. So much drama... Did you see the thread I posted?

Honestly Face, I've been avoiding the Steelers boards. To many people getting all sensitive about Shit, sit that like it or not was the root of the evil for this team this year.....that catch/no catch Shit did it in for me. I'm not going to be one to buy into crying like other NFL teams about a play that should of never been the factor in a game.

If you allow yourself to be put in that position, you don't deserve it. It's like for years hoping two teams would lose and one would win so you could go to the playoffs.....if you have to depend on others, you didn't earn it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Face, I've been avoiding the Steelers boards. To many people getting all sensitive about Shit, sit that like it or not was the root of the evil for this team this year.....that catch/no catch Shit did it in for me. I'm not going to be one to buy into crying like other NFL teams about a play that should of never been the factor in a game.

If you allow yourself to be put in that position, you don't deserve it. It's like for years hoping two teams would lose and one would win so you could go to the playoffs.....if you have to depend on others, you didn't earn it.
Yea it was a tad absurd around here during that time. I, like you, was one of the few that stated right after the play that it is what it is. If you leave room for debate then you have to be able to accept both the good & the bad outcome.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The press conference we Steelers fans have grown numb to under Tomlin... Everyone whip out your bottles of liquor & take a shot every time Tomlin says the word "obviously"

"OBVIOUSLY the year didn't end the way we wanted it to"
"we had a good gameplan in place, but OBVIOUSLY we didn't execute"
"we'll OBVIOUSLY take a look inside & out for ways to make this team better"

captobvious-copy.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah not like his job was hard in Pittsburgh with that freaking talent.

I will repeat this again as his playbook.
No real plays just....
1. Hand off to Bell
2. Pass to Brown
3. Pass to Bell
4. Pass to JuJu
5. Pass to TE, WR3 or WR4.

Then it hit me b*tching about the 4th and 1's not running Ben I realized it is not in Haley's playbook.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say goodbye to Munchak... That'll be a sad day

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah I was hoping he would become the new OC here in Pittsburgh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah I was hoping he would become the new OC here in Pittsburgh.
Randy Fichtner would be my leading candidate. Ben's QB coach for several years. Has OC experience in the college ranks. Randy would let Ben run the show, or at least formulate the gameplans with him. Ben knows the offense better than anyone.