• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ALL he got!!!

LOL...would be nice if he got 2, but I thought he'd get a game at most.

Let's get this #10 win tonight!
There's no way the NFL would take Gronk out of the AFC showdown in week 15. The ratings will be through the roof.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. Actually looked up ol' Spence a few weeks ago just on a whim to see if he was still employed nowadays but saw his FA status after getting cut this last offseason. Not really sure why it didn't spark the thought when I was writing my postgame writeup yesterday. Glad to have him back.

This might mean Shazier is headed to IR? Or that Matakevich's shoulder is worse than we thought?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. Actually looked up ol' Spence a few weeks ago just on a whim to see if he was still employed nowadays but saw his FA status after getting cut this last offseason. Not really sure why it didn't spark the thought when I was writing my postgame writeup yesterday. Glad to have him back.

This might mean Shazier is headed to IR? Or that Matakevich's shoulder is worse than we thought?

At this point I think it's possible both Shazier and Matakavech are down for the count. Fort is the next man up and after that the covert was fairly bare.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I think it's possible both Shazier and Matakavech are down for the count. Fort is the next man up and after that the covert was fairly bare.

I don't think that Shazier should be automatically put on the IR list.

His type of injury (sometimes called "cord shock") tends to heal quickly, especially if it's a first-time injury. Whether he can return should, obviously, be up to the doctors...and Ryan himself, though the team shouldn't let him return AGAINST medical advice.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the last 3 wins haven't been pretty, but they are wins, and every good team knows how to turn an L into a W. This team is a very good team and I think the momentum is finally starting to build up. This Patriots game is now more important than it's ever been. We win this game, we have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The path to the Super Bowl has gotta come through Pittsburgh. This is the most important game since the AFC title game last year.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should explain why he's Mr. No-Contact. Looks like he's a Not-For-Longer.

Steelers cornerback Artie Burns says he 'definitely' has CTE

Artie Burns hasn’t been playing in the NFL for very long, but he thinks football has already taken its toll on his health.

The Steelers’ second-year cornerback was among a group of NFL players who talked to Sports Illustrated about whether he’d take a test for CTE, the concussion-related degenerative brain disease that can’t currently be tested in living patients. Burns was pretty blunt in his response.

“I definitely know I have it,” Burns said. “I’m going to [test positive for] CTE. I don’t need a test. Is it going to tell me how much I have? We play a physical sport, man. Humans are not made to run into each other.”

Burns has not been diagnosed with a concussion so far in his NFL career. He’s played in every game in two seasons with the Steelers. And he had a similar clean bill of health at Miami, where he played in at least 11 games for each of his three seasons as a Hurricane.

Still, Burns seems to recognize that the many hits he’s taken and dealt over the years can add up, even if he wasn’t very obviously concussed on one play or another.

Other players interviewed for the SI piece had varying responses, with some saying they would take such a test now and others saying they would wait until they’re retired.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should explain why he's Mr. No-Contact. Looks like he's a Not-For-Longer.

Artie Burns hasn’t been playing in the NFL for very long, but he thinks football has already taken its toll on his health.

The Steelers’ second-year cornerback was among a group of NFL players who talked to Sports Illustrated about whether he’d take a test for CTE, the concussion-related degenerative brain disease that can’t currently be tested in living patients. Burns was pretty blunt in his response.

“I definitely know I have it,” Burns said. “I’m going to [test positive for] CTE. I don’t need a test. Is it going to tell me how much I have? We play a physical sport, man. Humans are not made to run into each other.”

Burns has not been diagnosed with a concussion so far in his NFL career. He’s played in every game in two seasons with the Steelers. And he had a similar clean bill of health at Miami, where he played in at least 11 games for each of his three seasons as a Hurricane.

Still, Burns seems to recognize that the many hits he’s taken and dealt over the years can add up, even if he wasn’t very obviously concussed on one play or another.

Other players interviewed for the SI piece had varying responses, with some saying they would take such a test now and others saying they would wait until they’re retired.
Well I think there's some truth to what he's implying. Anyone playing in the NFL is going to have some level of CTE whether they like it or not. It's a brutal sport.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool for Boz!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it sounds like a lot of sour grapes and unrealistic expectations for a back up. He knew what he signed up for and why he was signed & to complain that he should be guaranteed reps over a fast developing #1 draft pick is ridiculous in my book!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals want to poach our coaching staff.

LEAVE MUNCH ALONE!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to take Haley off our hands!
Seriously... If Pittsburgh-West isn't interested in Haley then everyone should take that as an indicator. Those guys leech everything from the Steelers in a desperate attempt to mimic success. And if Haley really is the reason behind the Steelers' offensive success over the last 5-6 years then why haven't other teams come calling about him? I don't ever recall anyone requesting to interview him.

Side note. Heard an interesting thought the other day about Haley. Someone brought up the idea that since Haley's contract is up by the end of the year that he may not be in Pittsburgh next season, which is likely setting up Roethlisberger's return. We have seen the friction between the 2 surface on multiple occasions this season and we know how incredibly inept Haley can be during situational football (3rd downs, RZ, etc). Maybe they are eyeing Randy Fichtner, Ben's QB coach, as the new OC? That could put the keys in Ben's pocket and let him direct the offense. Pretty good incentive to make 1 last go of it, don't you think? Fichtner started with the Steelers as the WR coach back in 2007 before taking the QB coaching position in 2010. Not to mention he has about 10 years worth of OC experience from the college ranks (Arkansas St & Memphis). Could be an interesting twist to the offseason.