• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammie Coates got his 1st reception this season today... lol

So much for showing the Steelers "what they're missing"
But he is sowing them what they're missing (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING).

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's everyone thinking for a Bryant trade? I think we won't really get much. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder or something.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant denies requesting trade from the Steelers

As suspected, it appears to be nothing but smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if he backpedaled though. He's clearly unhappy about his usage and Ben obviously knew it after the game since he went over it with reporters before the trade rumors went viral. Seems like Bryant did the right thing by talking to his teammates first (what a man & respectful teammate should do), but his gf went full hood-rat on social media making things get out of hand. Hence why she deleted all of her tweets. lol.

@ATL96Steeler @Superbelt @Ewa PGH Fan @SteelersPride @Terry Rode @Ojb81

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As suspected, it appears to be nothing but smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if he backpedaled though. He's clearly unhappy about his usage and Ben obviously knew it after the game since he went over it with reporters before the trade rumors went viral. Seems like Bryant did the right thing by talking to his teammates first (what a man & respectful teammate should do), but his gf went full hood-rat on social media making things get out of hand. Hence why she deleted all of her tweets. lol.

Seems like Bryant and Kaep have the same problem. Over stepping gfs making things worse lol. Bryant is 2nd in receiving yards, 3rd in targets, 4th in receptions and 1 TD. Our offense is a problem. 21st in PPG, we didn't really need to lose Bryant. Bell finally got it going yesterday but, guys, it's not enough. Bryant has a 50% catch rate, the worst amongst everyone who has played all 6 games aside from James Conner who has had 1 target., so granted he's not helping the offense, but we need help. Maybe it's time to get Conner more involved. Maybe it's time to get DHB on the field or even Eli or J-Hunt. I mean Eli has played in 4 games, the last two, no targets. DHB, no targets in 6 games. J-Hunt, 5 targets in 2 games. We gotta do something y'all. What we are doing right now isn't working. This is why maybe we should've kept Ayers or Sammie? Put them on the ST squad and move Eli and JuJu to WR only. Run some dual RB formations and run Conner straight up the middle. Or, run those formations, fake it to Conner and throw it deep to AB or out on a screen to Bell. Why is James Harrison not on the field? So many questions for this team, no answers. I mean come on. Lets fucking evolve here, Steelers!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Bryant and Kaep have the same problem. Over stepping gfs making things worse lol. Bryant is 2nd in receiving yards, 3rd in targets, 4th in receptions and 1 TD. Our offense is a problem. 21st in PPG, we didn't really need to lose Bryant. Bell finally got it going yesterday but, guys, it's not enough. Bryant has a 50% catch rate, the worst amongst everyone who has played all 6 games aside from James Conner who has had 1 target., so granted he's not helping the offense, but we need help. Maybe it's time to get Conner more involved. Maybe it's time to get DHB on the field or even Eli or J-Hunt. I mean Eli has played in 4 games, the last two, no targets. DHB, no targets in 6 games. J-Hunt, 5 targets in 2 games. We gotta do something y'all. What we are doing right now isn't working. This is why maybe we should've kept Ayers or Sammie? Put them on the ST squad and move Eli and JuJu to WR only. Run some dual RB formations and run Conner straight up the middle. Or, run those formations, fake it to Conner and throw it deep to AB or out on a screen to Bell. Why is James Harrison not on the field? So many questions for this team, no answers. I mean come on. Lets fucking evolve here, Steelers!
Part of the problem has been Ben's inconsistencies. His deep ball hasn't been on point very much. Bryant is doin his job to get open, its on Ben to get the ball where it needs to be. Felt like Ben was finding his rhythm better against KC, but he still needs to work on spreading the ball around better. That leads into another problem, which is playcalling. @ATL96Steeler posted a great article from SteelerDepot about how Haley's WR schemes are more independent of one another forcing the player to win their battles instead of working together with other WRs. I noticed some better route schemes against KC that were pulling safeties & nickel CBs away from their zones. That is something that needs to continue, but they cannot only run those routes just to get AB open. They need to incorporate different people to keep the defenses guessing. Bryant, JuJu, etc. I also don't think J-Hunt is being utilized correctly. If his sole purpose is RZ targets then I think they are wasting a spot when they already have enough big bodies for that purpose. Eli Rogers is better suited for that gameday helmet. He's very difficult to guard out of the slot and he can handle ST returns. We keep saying it weekly, but they do need to keep getting Conner the ball. He got a slight uptick in reps/carries against the Chiefs and was very successful. Hopefully that trend continues!

Deebo seems to be only getting reps as a closer of sorts. I'd like to see him get more work on early downs. But that would have to come at Watt's expense. Which I don't think he deserves to lose much work based on how well he is progressing. TJ is learning fast and is making a great impact. I definitely think as the games become more & more important we will see Deebo getting in more work. Seems like a good plan to me. Let TJ learn & develop early in the season, then let Deebo do what we know he can when it matters most.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bryant typically gets the more challenging targets down field or these high 50/50 balls so your catch % shouldn't be as good as a guy running a 5yd slant.

From where I sit...I just don't see enough versatility on OFC...I get it, Bell and AB are your best options and they are pro bowl caliber players so they are going to get their touches week in week out, but when you have guys like Nix, JJ, Grimble, Rogers, Hunter, Connor, McDonald that DCs are not game planning for that Haley should be able to use these guys in the RZ to get 6 pts.

1st in goal from the 2...Bell had just made a great taxing run to get down there, great spot to bring Connor (fresh legs) in on 1st down and pound it....if you don't get it, maybe you come back with Bell on 2nd down. I think they passed to McDonald on 1st, hand off to Bell on 2nd lost yds and pass to Bell on 3rd down...FG

Harrison...that doesn't bother me, Harrison had some illness bug that took him out of 1 game and maybe another...I think once they were comfortable with Watt in camp, at 39 y/o I felt they wanted to ease Deebo into action he was never going to play all 16 reg season games imo.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem has been Ben's inconsistencies. His deep ball hasn't been on point very much. Bryant is doin his job to get open, its on Ben to get the ball where it needs to be. Felt like Ben was finding his rhythm better against KC, but he still needs to work on spreading the ball around better. That leads into another problem, which is playcalling. @ATL96Steeler posted a great article from SteelerDepot about how Haley's WR schemes are more independent of one another forcing the player to win their battles instead of working together with other WRs. I noticed some better route schemes against KC that were pulling safeties & nickel CBs away from their zones. That is something that needs to continue, but they cannot only run those routes just to get AB open. They need to incorporate different people to keep the defenses guessing. Bryant, JuJu, etc. I also don't think J-Hunt is being utilized correctly. If his sole purpose is RZ targets then I think they are wasting a spot when they already have enough big bodies for that purpose. Eli Rogers is better suited for that gameday helmet. He's very difficult to guard out of the slot and he can handle ST returns. We keep saying it weekly, but they do need to keep getting Conner the ball. He got a slight uptick in reps/carries against the Chiefs and was very successful. Hopefully that trend continues!

Deebo seems to be only getting reps as a closer of sorts. I'd like to see him get more work on early downs. But that would have to come at Watt's expense. Which I don't think he deserves to lose much work based on how well he is progressing. TJ is learning fast and is making a great impact. I definitely think as the games become more & more important we will see Deebo getting in more work. Seems like a good plan to me. Let TJ learn & develop early in the season, then let Deebo do what we know he can when it matters most.

If Ben's playing is the problem and it doesn't get fixed, is there ANY part of this season that we put Josh Dobbs under center? Trust me, I don't want to get to that point, but the Broncos had to bench Peyton and they ended up winning the Super Bowl. Granted they have a killer defense, but so do we. I think Ben will get better, but these WRs gotta catch the ball, Bell has got to run the rest of the season like he did yesterday and our special teams needs to improve ASA-mother fucking-P.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant typically gets the more challenging targets down field or these high 50/50 balls so your catch % shouldn't be as good as a guy running a 5yd slant.

From where I sit...I just don't see enough versatility on OFC...I get it, Bell and AB are your best options and they are pro bowl caliber players so they are going to get their touches week in week out, but when you have guys like Nix, JJ, Grimble, Rogers, Hunter, Connor, McDonald that DCs are not game planning for that Haley should be able to use these guys in the RZ to get 6 pts.

1st in goal from the 2...Bell had just made a great taxing run to get down there, great spot to bring Connor (fresh legs) in on 1st down and pound it....if you don't get it, maybe you come back with Bell on 2nd down. I think they passed to McDonald on 1st, hand off to Bell on 2nd lost yds and pass to Bell on 3rd down...FG

Harrison...that doesn't bother me, Harrison had some illness bug that took him out of 1 game and maybe another...I think once they were comfortable with Watt in camp, at 39 y/o I felt they wanted to ease Deebo into action he was never going to play all 16 reg season games imo.

Wouldn't it fool defenses if for 1-2 series, we were to bring Vance McDonald out there? Or, run a 2 RB formation and just let Conner run it up the gut? Or how about bringing out Eli and J-Hunt with AB and Bryant. 4 wide with Bell in the backfield, look downfield and just toss it off to the side to Bell and let that fucker speed down the field?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams know we use Bell and AB the most, why not fool them with Hunter, Eli, Vance or Conner?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OFC...in general I think the OL did a helluva job. The power play pulling DeCastro and Pouncey worked almost at will. I even saw Finney pulling on a few plays. Bell being such a big factor kind of took Justin Houston out of the mix for KC, he was never really able to pin his ears back and tee off.

Deebo...I think we yearned for him because they got gouged on the ground and his run stopping ability...if we're being serious, we know Deebo is not on this team to stop the run. Can he help? Sure, but he's here to do exactly what he did in this game...get after the QB. TJ has a grip on the position, so they decided not to rush the old man out there...they need him for weeks down the road.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it fool defenses if for 1-2 series, we were to bring Vance McDonald out there? Or, run a 2 RB formation and just let Conner run it up the gut? Or how about bringing out Eli and J-Hunt with AB and Bryant. 4 wide with Bell in the backfield, look downfield and just toss it off to the side to Bell and let that fucker speed down the field?

LOL...yes, it would after seeing the 1st 6 week of game tape!

Good OCs know how to use their personnel...sure, most teams practice the same bread and butter plays every week. They may have a handful of plays they put in specifically for that week. But, how those plays are called and when matters a great deal.

As @FaCe-LeE-uS elluded to, there was more continuity to the routes this week, a few rub routes I saw, a few combination routes...almost as if Haley was reading our thread last week....lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben's playing is the problem and it doesn't get fixed, is there ANY part of this season that we put Josh Dobbs under center? Trust me, I don't want to get to that point, but the Broncos had to bench Peyton and they ended up winning the Super Bowl. Granted they have a killer defense, but so do we. I think Ben will get better, but these WRs gotta catch the ball, Bell has got to run the rest of the season like he did yesterday and our special teams needs to improve ASA-mother fucking-P.
No chance for Dobbs, not only because Landry is the QB2, but Tomlin has never been the type to push a starter out of his role. Benching a team captain would probably hurt the team more than it would help even if Ben continues to struggle. It would take multiple weeks of 5 INT's to push for that change, and I would think their postseason aspirations would have to be gone. Other than that, I just don't see it happening.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God, man...nothing more irritating than a trifling bitch

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could of gotten it sooner if he would go to training camp.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only half joking of course... I thought the same thing when I first heard about his bike getting stolen.

Yea but could you imagine the feeling Bryant was having in the pit of his stomach from the biggest guy on the team yelling that you stole the kids bike??? The same kid you just trashed talked on Twitter???
You know the weed smoking piece of Shit wanted to hide badly!!!!