• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I'm one that thought JJ was a good football player, just not a pass rusher...the question I can't answer...is he athletic enough to play another position? Obviously not right now.

I still like Arians...he's a fighter, but at some point he might want to back away from Steeler castoffs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell ya @FaCe-LeE-uS this Shit is now growing legs and could be ugly........

Antonio Brown Talks Le'Veon Bell, Urges Steelers to Extend RB's Contract

Antonio Brown on Le'Veon Bell: 'We need him'

Antonio Brown talked to Le’Veon Bell, declares: “We need him”

Why the fuck can't these guys just shut up and play ball??
Both Bell and Brown should have it out in their contracts, if you don't make the super bowl, you give half your years salary back.
This is the point and time you wish we'd of kept D-Will.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell ya @FaCe-LeE-uS this Shit is now growing legs and could be ugly........

Antonio Brown Talks Le'Veon Bell, Urges Steelers to Extend RB's Contract

Antonio Brown on Le'Veon Bell: 'We need him'

Antonio Brown talked to Le’Veon Bell, declares: “We need him”

Why the fuck can't these guys just shut up and play ball??
Both Bell and Brown should have it out in their contracts, if you don't make the super bowl, you give half your years salary back.
This is the point and time you wish we'd of kept D-Will.
AB definitely has earned the right to be an outspoken leader... With that said, I do think that there's a time & a place for these types of remarks but none of them need to be declared to the media. AB is using the wrong outlet here, even if he's correct.

We'll have to wait & see how next season & offseason plays out. Bell needs to have a career year if he's going to land the contract he wants from the Steelers. If he suffers any injuries and misses more than 4 games then I have a hard time seeing the Steelers offer the same amount they already did.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I'm one that thought JJ was a good football player, just not a pass rusher...the question I can't answer...is he athletic enough to play another position? Obviously not right now.

I still like Arians...he's a fighter, but at some point he might want to back away from Steeler castoffs.
I admit I was always optimistic about the kid... But he could never stay healthy enough to make a long term impact. Whether that's work ethic or just plain bad luck, we may never know. But I'm glad the Steelers were smart enough to call it a loss and not pick up that 5th yr option.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB definitely has earned the right to be an outspoken leader... With that said, I do think that there's a time & a place for these types of remarks but none of them need to be declared to the media. AB is using the wrong outlet here, even if he's correct.

We'll have to wait & see how next season & offseason plays out. Bell needs to have a career year if he's going to land the contract he wants from the Steelers. If he suffers any injuries and misses more than 4 games then I have a hard time seeing the Steelers offer the same amount they already did.

I agree with ya brother......
And yes AB has earned the right....to open his trap about himself. I don't remember him being Bell's agent.
Bell, this could go either way..... As far as the numbers are concerned he has a case, as far as him keeping his ass on the field when we need him....he has failed. And of coarse he is bitching that even though he missed the time, he still puts up the numbers.
Now t seems Villa is talking about a holdout too......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes AB has earned the right....to open his trap about himself. I don't remember him being Bell's agent.
Bell, this could go either way..... As far as the numbers are concerned he has a case, as far as him keeping his ass on the field when we need him....he has failed. And of coarse he is bitching that even though he missed the time, he still puts up the numbers.
What? There's no chance AVill holds out... That dude is as loyal as they come. I could probably dig up the article earlier this offseason, but I'm too lazy. He was quoted saying that he would never holdout because the Steelers gave him the opportunities that nobody else would.

As for AB... He's new to the leadership role so I think Ben or Cam need to straighten him out. He's got the right idea in supporting his teammates, but he's doing it the wrong way. Hopefully he'll learn the difference.

Bell... We've been saying it a lot lately, but the best ability is availability. There's no reason to shovel out more than $12mil per to someone that is only available 75% of the seasons (that number is less if you account for the postseason games he's missed). That's just bad business. That offer was $4mil more than the next highest RB contract (McCoy) so I think it was more than generous. Bell can talk all he wants about resetting the market on dual threat RB's, but he'll never stay in the 'Burgh if he cannot keep himself healthy. Another dumb team would be happy to pay him in hopes that he vaults that team to the next level, which he could. But the Steelers have the option to tag him next season as well. So by the time he is done with the Steelers he will be on the wrong side of his 20's and arguably has only a few decent years left in him. The risk that sort of contract presents could hurt his value at that point in time. If he's smart, he'll approach next offseason very differently if he wants to cash in.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? There's no chance AVill holds out... That dude is as loyal as they come. I could probably dig up the article earlier this offseason, but I'm too lazy. He was quoted saying that he would never holdout because the Steelers gave him the opportunities that nobody else would.

As for AB... He's new to the leadership role so I think Ben or Cam need to straighten him out. He's got the right idea in supporting his teammates, but he's doing it the wrong way. Hopefully he'll learn the difference.

Bell... We've been saying it a lot lately, but the best ability is availability. There's no reason to shovel out more than $12mil per to someone that is only available 75% of the seasons (that number is less if you account for the postseason games he's missed). That's just bad business. That offer was $4mil more than the next highest RB contract (McCoy) so I think it was more than generous. Bell can talk all he wants about resetting the market on dual threat RB's, but he'll never stay in the 'Burgh if he cannot keep himself healthy. Another dumb team would be happy to pay him in hopes that he vaults that team to the next level, which he could. But the Steelers have the option to tag him next season as well. So by the time he is done with the Steelers he will be on the wrong side of his 20's and arguably has only a few decent years left in him. The risk that sort of contract presents could hurt his value at that point in time. If he's smart, he'll approach next offseason very differently if he wants to cash in.

IDK, i can't find the article about Villa......

I agree on the AB thing, he still needs to grow the fuck up a lot more than he realizes.
Bell....that fucker is never gonna get it. As talented as he is, he's still selfish and dumb as fuck in the common sense department.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I want to see both players in camp...I understand...AVil even more than Bell actually. I think we all remember Beachum's ordeal...he tried to do it the "right way" and ends up getting hurt.

On the flip, there's a good chance AVill could lose his job permanently.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, i can't find the article about Villa......

I agree on the AB thing, he still needs to grow the fuck up a lot more than he realizes.
Bell....that fucker is never gonna get it. As talented as he is, he's still selfish and dumb as fuck in the common sense department.
Too much evidence to support this statement to argue with it! lol

Having a hard time digging up the article on AVill. I might not be remembering it correctly, but I know someone reported something about it this offseason. It was around the time minicamps started IIRC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AVill... If he's smart he'll do what his agent tells him to do, regardless of how loyal he feels to the Steelers. He has to do what is best for his family. And getting paid damn near the league minimum while being top 10 at the position is a damn crime! I fully support whatever he does in the coming week.

The hard part about this deal is that there is such a small sample size for AVill. My guess is the Steelers offer him a 2-3yr deal that would bump him up to the middle of the pack of OT contracts & AVill will be more than happy with it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to see both players in camp...I understand...AVil even more than Bell actually. I think we all remember Beachum's ordeal...he tried to do it the "right way" and ends up getting hurt.

On the flip, there's a good chance AVill could lose his job permanently.

I think that could very much be the case also @ATL96Steeler and it would be a waist of a good talent.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much evidence to support this statement to argue with it! lol

Having a hard time digging up the article on AVill. I might not be remembering it correctly, but I know someone reported something about it this offseason. It was around the time minicamps started IIRC.

And also seen the article where he is loyal to the Steelers for what they have done for him.
But this day and age, that shit don't exist.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also seen the article where he is loyal to the Steelers for what they have done for him.
But this day and age, that shit don't exist.
Gotta support them though. They are putting their short-term & long-term health at risk for our entertainment. They have every right to push the FO for what they deem acceptable for the work they do. Some are more obvious than others. AVill's current contract is the best example of it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I saw a crap ton of these articles posted within the last week or so. I'll have to backpedal a little on my statement regarding his holdout. According to his most recent comments he is going to do what his agent instructs him to do. So it could be possible.

Fuck agents.....wrecking the good sports

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta support them though. They are putting their short-term & long-term health at risk for our entertainment. They have every right to push the FO for what they deem acceptable for the work they do. Some are more obvious than others. AVill's current contract is the best example of it.

I agree.....

But do it on someone else's team!!!!

:lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AVill...idk...I think most of remember how he came about getting the job with Beachum going down...while trying to do it the "right way".

It wouldn't surprise me if he's not there week 1....I also think there could be a good chance he loses his job if it's a long hold out.

Bell...by all accounts I've read, the Steelers offered fair market for imo the best RB in the NFL, and in his mind he's "worth more". At this point I don't care if he's in camp or not...but he doesn't, his ass better be ready show he's "worth more" last season in PIT or he won't get it next yr either.