• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Create-A-Mock

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Colbert take a TE & QB high in this draft, 2nd & 3rd rounds. Given Ben's status, Colbert might be thinking these defensive guys will take a few years to groom before they become impact players and he might want to give Ben more NFL-ready impact players in his last year or 2.
I actually have the sneaking suspicion that he's going to piss us all off and take a QB in R1.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk The Mock

1:30 Adoree Jackson CB USC
2:30 Tyus Bowser EDGE Houston
3:30 Adam Shaheen TE Ashland
3:41 Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
4:28 John Johnson S Boston College
5:29 ArDarius Stewart WR Alabama
6:29 Josh Carraway EDGE TCU
7:30 Shelton Gibson WR West Virginia

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have the sneaking suspicion that he's going to piss us all off and take a QB in R1.
Yep, told a few others that I was trying to prepare for it. I know it will infuriate me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

If they took a WR or RB then I would be even more pissed off.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk The Mock

1:30 Adoree Jackson CB USC
2:30 Tyus Bowser EDGE Houston
3:30 Adam Shaheen TE Ashland
3:41 Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
4:28 John Johnson S Boston College
5:29 ArDarius Stewart WR Alabama
6:29 Josh Carraway EDGE TCU
7:30 Shelton Gibson WR West Virginia
Damn 2 WRs & no QB? Explain yourself!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, told a few others that I was trying to prepare for it. I know it will infuriate me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

If they took a WR or RB then I would be even more pissed off.
The only thing working against my "feeling" is Ed Boooooshet. I've heard him say several times that there is zero chance that will happen. And he's usually dialed in. I'm preparing though. ugh...

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn 2 WRs & no QB? Explain yourself!
BPA. Stewart and Shelton are 2nd round talents IMHO. And we're talking back end of the draft. Plus...What will our WR group look like in 2 years?

I always wish the Steelers would go more BPA than they do. The draft is so hit or miss and strengths end up weaknesses so quick in the NFL that it seems to me any hit will fill a need.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing working against my "feeling" is Ed Boooooshet. I've heard him say several times that there is zero chance that will happen. And he's usually dialed in. I'm preparing though. ugh...
F*ck Ed Bouchette... He was also the putz that helped boost the "AB holdout" rumors last offseason (or the year prior? can't remember), when AB missed VOLUNTARY OTA's to be at the hospital for the birth of his child.

I've been annoyed with that guy plenty of times before... But that was the final straw. I'll never listen to that schmuck again.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck Ed Bouchette... He was also the putz that helped boost the "AB holdout" rumors last offseason (or the year prior? can't remember), when AB missed VOLUNTARY OTA's to be at the hospital for the birth of his child.

I've been annoyed with that guy plenty of times before... But that was the final straw. I'll never listen to that schmuck again.
He's also a condescending ass too. Have you ever read one of his chat transcripts when he answers questions from fans? He acts like a king throwing coins at the peasants.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA. Stewart and Shelton are 2nd round talents IMHO. And we're talking back end of the draft. Plus...What will our WR group look like in 2 years?

I always wish the Steelers would go more BPA than they do. The draft is so hit or miss and strengths end up weaknesses so quick in the NFL that it seems to me any hit will fill a need.
Truth. WR or QB both need some future planning. But for now the WR corps is stacked. Seems like a waste to me to pick a WR this season. Even if the future is uncertain.

Antonio Brown
Eli Rogers
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Cobi Hamilton
Demarcus Ayers
Justin Hunter
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Sammie Coates
Canaan Severin
Dez Stewart

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a condescending ass too. Have you ever read one of his chat transcripts when he answers questions from fans? He acts like a king throwing coins at the peasants.
Yep. I've heard that a lot of people that work with him don't get along with him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. WR or QB both need some future planning. But for now the WR corps is stacked. Seems like a waste to me to pick a WR this season. Even if the future is uncertain.

Antonio Brown
Eli Rogers
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Cobi Hamilton
Demarcus Ayers
Justin Hunter
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Sammie Coates
Canaan Severin
Dez Stewart
Honestly, Beyond Brown I like some of these guys but don't love any of them. Brown, Bryant (if reinstated), Rogers, Hunter, and Coats. Other than that I could live without the others. I think there's room for talents like Stewart and Gibson.

I agree it's not one of our needs though. My contention is simply that after the fourth round you just need to take guys who will make your team, especially if they make it better. If there is second round talent at a position you don't need versus 5th round talent at a position of need, I would personally always go with the second round talent.

I would HOPE that the board doesn't fall that way though and the need mates more evenly with the value. Know what I mean?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antonio Brown
Eli Rogers
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Cobi Hamilton
Demarcus Ayers
Justin Hunter
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Sammie Coates
Canaan Severin
Dez Stewart
Hmm...Face, you listed Heyward-Bey twice.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Beyond Brown I like some of these guys but don't love any of them. Brown, Bryant (if reinstated), Rogers, Hunter, and Coats. Other than that I could live without the others. I think there's room for talents like Stewart and Gibson.

I agree it's not one of our needs though. My contention is simply that after the fourth round you just need to take guys who will make your team, especially if they make it better. If there is second round talent at a position you don't need versus 5th round talent at a position of need, I would personally always go with the second round talent.

I would HOPE that the board doesn't fall that way though and the need mates more evenly with the value. Know what I mean?
Very sound reasoning there BB... I honestly don't love DHB, Hamilton & Coates, so I definitely get your point. I love AB & Rogers, and Bryant needs to earn our trust back before we can lump him in. As for the rest of the group... It's all about potential. I'd like to see Ayers get a better shot at ST return duties, and get involved on more 4-wide sets sans TE's. Hunter, like Bryant, has limitless potential but its more a question of whether their head is in the right place. Severin is a guy that I think can make an impact on any team, but he'll never get a shot on this team unless he stays healthy. But even then, he's buried on the depth chart so its a stretch. He reminds me a lot of a bigger Hines Ward. I talked to somebody about him last offseason and was stoked to see him play, but of course he hit IR during the preseason and that was the last we heard of him. I don't know much about Marcus Tucker or Dez Stewart. Those 2 have good size, but are complete unknowns to me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...Face, you listed Heyward-Bey twice.
lol... I copied & pasted it directly from a SteelersWire article & didn't even notice! Shame on them!

Remove the 2nd DHB, and insert Marcus Tucker.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sound reasoning there BB... I honestly don't love DHB, Hamilton & Coates, so I definitely get your point. I love AB & Rogers, and Bryant needs to earn our trust back before we can lump him in. As for the rest of the group... It's all about potential. I'd like to see Ayers get a better shot at ST return duties, and get involved on more 4-wide sets sans TE's. Hunter, like Bryant, has limitless potential but its more a question of whether their head is in the right place. Severin is a guy that I think can make an impact on any team, but he'll never get a shot on this team unless he stays healthy. But even then, he's buried on the depth chart so its a stretch. He reminds me a lot of a bigger Hines Ward. I talked to somebody about him last offseason and was stoked to see him play, but of course he hit IR during the preseason and that was the last we heard of him. I don't know much about Marcus Tucker or Dez Stewart. Those 2 have good size, but are complete unknowns to me.
Couldn't agree more man.

I just wish we could draft Tomlin's replacement. Yes. My pee-flaps are still chapped haha.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I copied & pasted it directly from a SteelersWire article & didn't even notice! Shame on them!

Remove the 2nd DHB, and insert Marcus Tucker.
He's unknown to me too!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's unknown to me too!
At first glance... Smaller division talent (Northern Mich). Very raw, but good athleticism & great hands. Small frame 5'10", 190.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word is getting around that Dan is taking Ben very serious and wants a QB in this draft...but 30 I think maybe Webb will be there....if any of the top 4 starting falling, someone will trade up and get him before 30.