• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Create-A-Mock

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job...it'll be interesting to see how Colbert goes about it. I would like to see a young seam busting TE in there, but I would take it as is and I'm not sure he do much better.
Evan Engram!

Even if his idea of blocking is falling down and making the rusher jump over him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Colbert take a TE & QB high in this draft, 2nd & 3rd rounds. Given Ben's status, Colbert might be thinking these defensive guys will take a few years to groom before they become impact players and he might want to give Ben more NFL-ready impact players in his last year or 2.

I wouldn't either. QB...it would have to be somebody off radar imo...Webb is looked at as the 5th guy off the board and I expect him to be gone by 62.

TE...different story there, much deeper. They can't be comfortable with Green.

I do think they would take Reddick, McKinley, or Harris if they were on the board at 30. They may not see the SS as big a need as we do...we're not expecting him to start, but be a 3rd down contributor.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't either. QB...it would have to be somebody off radar imo...Webb is looked at as the 5th guy off the board and I expect him to be gone by 62.

TE...different story there, much deeper. They can't be comfortable with Green.

I do think they would take Reddick, McKinley, or Harris if they were on the board at 30. They may not see the SS as big a need as we do...we're not expecting him to start, but be a 3rd down contributor.
QB... Yea they covered a lot of bases with their combine interviews for the position. IIRC, it felt like they interviewed just about 2 prospects per projected round.

TE... Unless I'm overlooking someone I think Howard or Njoku are the only 2 worth considering at 30, if thats the route they want to take.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB... Yea they covered a lot of bases with their combine interviews for the position. IIRC, it felt like they interviewed just about 2 prospects per projected round.

TE... Unless I'm overlooking someone I think Howard or Njoku are the only 2 worth considering at 30, if thats the route they want to take.

Of course we never know for sure what's going to happen on draft day, but as these mocks start to pile up...there are about 6 or 7 DEF guys that are in the pool for 30. I think we can add TJ Watt (Tomlin was at his pro day) to Harris, Lawson, McKinley, Reddick, While he got killed in the Steeler Depot forum, I still think Zac Cummingham is still in the mix if he falls....if I had to rank them right now I would go McKinley, Harris, Reddick, Watt, Lawson, Peppers, Cunningham.

If either of those TEs are also on the board also, I'd be curious to see how they might go.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we never know for sure what's going to happen on draft day, but as these mocks start to pile up...there are about 6 or 7 DEF guys that are in the pool for 30. I think we can add TJ Watt (Tomlin was at his pro day) to Harris, Lawson, McKinley, Reddick, While he got killed in the Steeler Depot forum, I still think Zac Cummingham is still in the mix if he falls....if I had to rank them right now I would go McKinley, Harris, Reddick, Watt, Lawson, Peppers, Cunningham.

If either of those TEs are also on the board also, I'd be curious to see how they might go.
I really like Reddick, but I fear his combine caught too many people's attention. After the results I've been seeing him going as high as picks 12-15 in the 1st round. They were throwing out Shazier comparisons left & right during his combine coverage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Reddick, but I fear his combine caught too many people's attention. After the results I've been seeing him going as high as picks 12-15 in the 1st round. They were throwing out Shazier comparisons left & right during his combine coverage.

Speed and athleticism is winning over a lot of GMs now...he looks like a kid that will play early, if not start. He won't be there at 30.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed and athleticism is winning over a lot of GMs now...he looks like a kid that will play early, if not start. He won't be there at 30.
He went from a 2nd/3rd Rd prospect to top 15 overall after the combine... Pretty wild

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went from a 2nd/3rd Rd prospect to top 15 overall after the combine... Pretty wild

Good for him, but that can be a little scary. Temple plays maybe 2 or 3 teams that put players in the league on a regular basis.

It didn't hurt Kahlil Mack much so it probably won't hurt him much either. With his problem at the combine I think he's moved ahead Foster as the #1 ILB. CIN got Minter so I'm not sure if they pull the trigger, but if they don't I can see him in BAL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im also doing it with no trades, because u get offered crazy trades EVRY pick

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ound 1 Pick 30: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Ryan Anderson, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (A)
Round 4 Pick 28: Davis Webb, QB, California (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Aviante Collins, OG, TCU (C+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 7 Pick 30: Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia (B-

Interesting picks...I've been on Cunningham's bandwagon...love his size, and athleticism, but his game tape is a mixed bag, gets a lot of knocks on tackling.

Lewis...like his talent, but if the DV charge sticks he's not going in the 2nd rd.

Anderson/Walker/Webb...like those picks a lot, where you're getting them are super picks.

Collins...not a bad pick, but I think BJ Finney is starter material and Hubbard was just extended a yr...tough spot for a rookie

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ound 1 Pick 30: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Ryan Anderson, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (A)
Round 4 Pick 28: Davis Webb, QB, California (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Aviante Collins, OG, TCU (C+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 7 Pick 30: Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia (B-
Looks pretty good!

Not a fan of Lewis due to the domestic violence he was recently charged with, but he's a good talent. And I'd go for a TE or S with the Rd 5 pick over a O-lineman. That unit is shored up for the next year or 2.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recent signing of Alualu, I'd probably go with TE in the 7th Rd in my mock over Rochell now...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recent signing of Alualu, I'd probably go with TE in the 7th Rd in my mock over Rochell now...
gibson was too good to pass in round 7 luxury pick, and the online i felt could use depth over a re i'm not sweating our te situation...obv the dv trumps things but just as a player he's damn good

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gibson was too good to pass in round 7 luxury pick, and the online i felt could use depth over a re i'm not sweating our te situation...obv the dv trumps things but just as a player he's damn good

I think more than anything we're seeing with our 4 or 5 different mocks here is that Colbert should be able to come away with some good players that can contribute this yr. 3 starters is not really needed or expected, but he can't afford to whiff on the edge.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more than anything we're seeing with our 4 or 5 different mocks here is that Colbert should be able to come away with some good players that can contribute this yr. 3 starters is not really needed or expected, but he can't afford to whiff on the edge.
yes sir