• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Create-A-Mock

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. A site I used to help run used to do this. We used to use Great Blue North rankings but theirs seem short now for some reason. I figure we will use the rankings at CBS. The way this works is you go off their rankings and make picks based on the assumption that anyone ranked "higher" than the overall pick number of the Steelers is "gone". So at pick 30 you can pick anyone ranked 30 and over but you cannot pick someone ranked higher than 30.

NFL Draft Prospects

For example a quick one that I did just now:

30 Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
62 Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
94 Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
105 Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
135 Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State
173 Shaquiil Griffin, CB, Central Florida
213 Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
248 Quincy Adeboyejo, WR, Mississippi

What say Steeler Nation? Take out your mocks!

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. A site I used to help run used to do this. We used to use Great Blue North rankings but theirs seem short now for some reason. I figure we will use the rankings at CBS. The way this works is you go off their rankings and make picks based on the assumption that anyone ranked "higher" than the overall pick number of the Steelers is "gone". So at pick 30 you can pick anyone ranked 30 and over but you cannot pick someone ranked higher than 30.

NFL Draft Prospects

For example a quick one that I did just now:

30 Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
62 Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
94 Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
105 Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
135 Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State
173 Shaquiil Griffin, CB, Central Florida
213 Tashawn Bower, OLB, LSU
248 Quincy Adeboyejo, WR, Mississippi

What say Steeler Nation? Take out your mocks!

Assuming we all use the same source I think our mocks would be very similar...I'm thinking.

That said I'll take a look and see what mine would look like.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they could be similar. You usually see the real draftniks list ones that seem like a reach because they've done the homework etc. I dunno. These used to be fun. Spurred a lot of discussion like "wait.. who is that guy?". We would switch it up and pick different rankings (that represent different scenarios) etc.

I know. I have too much time on my hands.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. After reading my mock you're supposed to tell me how brilliant I am and how I'm wasting my talents on electrical engineering when i should be running the Steelers draft room. FYI

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest

:lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I like a few of your picks better, but this is what I came up with using the CBS big board

30. Charles Harris, OLB/DE, Mizzou...imo the best natural edge guy on the board
62. Adoree' Jackson, CB USC...I think he can play inside or outside, great athlete
94. Eddie Jackson, SS, ALA...prior to the injury I think he's a top 60 player, big nickel snaps as a rookie
105. Alex Anzalone, OLB, FL...destined to be inside in the 34 scheme
135. Corn Elder, CB MIA...doubling down on a CB...slot guy
173. Matthew Days, RB, NC St...depth pick
213. Joshua Dobbs, QB, TN...I've been wanting an athletic guy for QB3, smart kid
248. Darrel Daniels, TE, WAS...has the speed/size to be a deep seam threat.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to look into Charles Harris more.

Love Adoree Jackson. Would solve kick return issues too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. After reading my mock you're supposed to tell me how brilliant I am and how I'm wasting my talents on electrical engineering when i should be running the Steelers draft room. FYI

It might be more fun!

Rd. 1...your guy is the better athlete for sure and that would probably be the route they would take, but Harris is more ready now.

Rd. 2...Jackson could end up being a starter n the slot or outside.

Rd. 3...Depends on Jackson's leg, but probably would lean toward Evans.

Rd. 4...too small for OLB, but Anzalone actually specs out better than Beckwith

Rd. 5-7...really like the Bower pick.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Anzalone a lot. I figured Beckwith was more highly regarded though and more realistic if still on the board.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be more fun!

Rd. 1...your guy is the better athlete for sure and that would probably be the route they would take, but Harris is more ready now.

Rd. 2...Jackson could end up being a starter n the slot or outside.

Rd. 3...Depends on Jackson's leg, but probably would lean toward Evans.

Rd. 4...too small for OLB, but Anzalone actually specs out better than Beckwith

Rd. 5-7...really like the Bower pick.
BTW. Adeboyejo was drafted just so when I talked about him here I could spell it "Atta-boy-yo"!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Anzalone a lot. I figured Beckwith was more highly regarded though and more realistic if still on the board.

I like him as well. Beckwith probably would be more highly regarded...considering that they have threaded very lightly in FA thus far, this will be a pretty interesting draft. They have 3 serious needs, and all of them need to be a addressed in this draft imo. If they landed almost any combination of these players we've picked, I would be thrilled to be honest.

As @FaCe-LeE-uS have been chatting...while they look okay on the stat rankings, this DEF as currently built is not going stop very many playoff caliber QBs. They simply are not good enough at effecting the QB or covering when a team has to pass the ball to keep a drive going. IMO this is why they decided to let LT go via FA...for the money he doesn't help on 3rd down enough.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They simply are not good enough at effecting the QB or covering when a team has to pass the ball to keep a drive going. IMO this is why they decided to let LT go via FA...for the money he doesn't help on 3rd down enough.
Couldn't agree more. They can't consistently create pressure or cover potential receivers. The need secondary and outside linebacker help. Badly. I'm still bitter about the NE game though and would also add that they need better coaching too. No matter who they add if Tomlin and Butler can't figure out the basics of defensive coaching I'm not sure it will matter. Brady's coming to town... everyone get in a soft zone and rush two!

Ugh...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. They can't consistently create pressure or cover potential receivers. The need secondary and outside linebacker help. Badly. I'm still bitter about the NE game though and would also add that they need better coaching too. No matter who they add if Tomlin and Butler can't figure out the basics of defensive coaching I'm not sure it will matter. Brady's coming to town... everyone get in a soft zone and rush two!

Ugh...

I'm still bitter over the scheme they chose for the AFCCG...mostly bitter at Tomlin to be honest. I don't think Butler would've dialed that up, what DC wants to sit back and watch his DEF get picked apart 8 yds at a time?...basically gift wrapped the game.

But, anytime Tomlin faces BB it seems he's already down 7 points at the opening kickoff.

That said, yes, they absolutely have to come away from this draft with a player that can challenge edge on a consistent basis to help a near 40 y/o player out. They also must get someone better than Gay in the slot. What they do on 3rd with VW is a guess at this point, but we both seem to like the big nickel concept with a S in there in lieu of 2 ILBs....I was a little surprise Golden failed at that...he should be a little concerned about making this team imo.

McKinley is an athlete in the mold of Dupree, but maybe better pass rushing form. A yr with Deebo with be ideal for him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of get excited with the idea of McKinley/Dupree on the outside. Might do wonders for our secondary.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock from NFL.com...

30. Takk McKinley OLB
62. KD Cannon WR
94. Sidney Jones CB
105. Chris Wormley, DE
135. Kendell Beckwith, ILB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies... Been busier than shit this week... Got a sitter for the night so I'm takin the wife out to cut loose. Once me & my liver recover tomorrow I'll throw out a couple mocks that I've already done.

happy_st_patricks_day-1968.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so here is my mock I did last week...

30. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA... Been dabbling with a pool consisting of McKinley, Harris, Lawson, Howard, Watt, & Melifonwu. Obviously edge is the biggest need, but I'd be on board with TE or DB. McKinley impressed me with his combine. Great all-around athlete.

62. Josh Jones, SS, NC St... This kid has been climbing draft boards everywhere. I had my eyes on him in the 3rd round comp pick, but his stock is too high now. I'd be comfortable with grabbing him in the 2nd, even if I do love CB in this spot. Jackson (USC) & Awuzie (COL) were my most popular picks at this spot. Jones has all the tools Mitchell has, and better yet the ball-skills that he lacks. Only down side is he is a gambler. If he can adapt & learn the game quickly at the NFL level, he could draw Polamalu comparisons.

94. Jerrad Davis, ILB, Florida... A gifted athlete, blue-collar leader & has an incredible work ethic. This kid is destined to be a pro's pro. Reminds me a lot of Timmons. And has better coverage skills than V-Will. He'd push for the starting job this year.

105. Sidney Jones, CB, WAS... Huge risk here, but huge reward. Too many people passed him up, and I knew he wouldn't fall any further. Doubt he even falls this far on draft day.

135. Howard Wilson, CB, HOU... Love this kid. I think he has great potential and is often overlooked. Great size, speed, physicality, ball skills, etc. IMO, after a year or so he would be an upgrade over Cockrell.

173. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas... Highly doubt this kid will be around in the 5th, but I was glad to take him. Great quickness & agility for a guy his size. Needs some coaching to round out his game (bad in pass protection).

213. Joshua Dobbs, QB, TN... Would love to see them grab this kid. Great athleticism, smart & would pickup the playbook quickly. He would benefit immensely learning under Ben for a few years.

248. Isaac Rochell, DE, ND... Good size for the position. Hard worker, and good motor. Relies too heavily on initial rush and often gets stonewalled so he will need to sharpen his skill set and/or build strength.

Feel pretty damn good about this draft. Fills out all the needs pretty nicely. I took a lot of risk with Sidney Jones, but I feel Wilson is great insurance. Honestly I could see Wilson going in the 3rd, he's that good. But taking that risk would be a lot easier to stomach if they signed a FA CB to fill the slot need. I'm not even considering Golson, because we really shouldn't. If he becomes the starter they drafted him to be then its a huge bonus, but he shouldn't be in the 'plans'.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS - Love that mock.

And I agree. This class seems tailored for us to fill some holes. We could really solidify this team for years if we don't drop the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so here is my mock I did last week...

30. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA... Been dabbling with a pool consisting of McKinley, Harris, Lawson, Howard, Watt, & Melifonwu. Obviously edge is the biggest need, but I'd be on board with TE or DB. McKinley impressed me with his combine. Great all-around athlete.

62. Josh Jones, SS, NC St... This kid has been climbing draft boards everywhere. I had my eyes on him in the 3rd round comp pick, but his stock is too high now. I'd be comfortable with grabbing him in the 2nd, even if I do love CB in this spot. Jackson (USC) & Awuzie (COL) were my most popular picks at this spot. Jones has all the tools Mitchell has, and better yet the ball-skills that he lacks. Only down side is he is a gambler. If he can adapt & learn the game quickly at the NFL level, he could draw Polamalu comparisons.

94. Jerrad Davis, ILB, Florida... A gifted athlete, blue-collar leader & has an incredible work ethic. This kid is destined to be a pro's pro. Reminds me a lot of Timmons. And has better coverage skills than V-Will. He'd push for the starting job this year.

105. Sidney Jones, CB, WAS... Huge risk here, but huge reward. Too many people passed him up, and I knew he wouldn't fall any further. Doubt he even falls this far on draft day.

135. Howard Wilson, CB, HOU... Love this kid. I think he has great potential and is often overlooked. Great size, speed, physicality, ball skills, etc. IMO, after a year or so he would be an upgrade over Cockrell.

173. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas... Highly doubt this kid will be around in the 5th, but I was glad to take him. Great quickness & agility for a guy his size. Needs some coaching to round out his game (bad in pass protection).

213. Joshua Dobbs, QB, TN... Would love to see them grab this kid. Great athleticism, smart & would pickup the playbook quickly. He would benefit immensely learning under Ben for a few years.

248. Isaac Rochell, DE, ND... Good size for the position. Hard worker, and good motor. Relies too heavily on initial rush and often gets stonewalled so he will need to sharpen his skill set and/or build strength.

Feel pretty damn good about this draft. Fills out all the needs pretty nicely. I took a lot of risk with Sidney Jones, but I feel Wilson is great insurance. Honestly I could see Wilson going in the 3rd, he's that good. But taking that risk would be a lot easier to stomach if they signed a FA CB to fill the slot need. I'm not even considering Golson, because we really shouldn't. If he becomes the starter they drafted him to be then its a huge bonus, but he shouldn't be in the 'plans'.

Great job...it'll be interesting to see how Colbert goes about it. I would like to see a young seam busting TE in there, but I would take it as is and I'm not sure he do much better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job...it'll be interesting to see how Colbert goes about it. I would like to see a young seam busting TE in there, but I would take it as is and I'm not sure he do much better.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Colbert take a TE & QB high in this draft, 2nd & 3rd rounds. Given Ben's status, Colbert might be thinking these defensive guys will take a few years to groom before they become impact players and he might want to give Ben more NFL-ready impact players in his last year or 2.