• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of Duke Basketball

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this season here are some of my observations...

1. Duke needs to do a much better job on defense. We still are getting beat easily on the perimeter by quicker guards who can either drive the lane and score or make a quick pass for a good look. We don't play that good help defense either. It seems like once one of our players loses his man or gets picked we are late in rotating to help out.

2. Duke needs to get tough and rebound much better. In this area I say that Marshall Plumlee needs to be awarded more playing time. He can clog the middle, alter shots, block shots and rebound. He is a high energy guy that needs to be on the floor more than 9 mins a game. Hairston when he is on the floor is only avg. 1.7 boards per game. He needs to stop trying to draw so many charges because 9 times out of 10 he is called for a blocking foul. The only guys that seem like they want to rebound the ball are Jefferson and Parker.

3. Parker/Hood seem to be forcing things when looking for their offense. Hood the past 2 games against Notre Dame and GT has improved greatly in this aspect by having his offense go with the flow of the game. Parker now has caught Hooditis because he is forcing things and that is creating bad shooting nights and turnovers that he didn't have early on in the season because he was being patient within the offense.

4. Duke is stagnant on offense. When we get into the half court offense our guys like to watch whoever has the ball in their hands and not keep the offense flowing. All are guys like to stand around the 3 point line. They need to learn how to play without the ball too and keep the offensive sets in motion.

5. We need to play faster. I like how we play the passing lanes but we as a defense need to trap more and put more pressure on teams when they bring it up the floor. If they do more of this then they will have to play more boddies off of the bench. But you know how stubborn Coach K is with only using 7 to 8 guys.

If Duke improves on these aspects then we have a chance at Coach K's fifth National Title. If we don't really improve on these aspects then we will more than likely be out by the sweet 16 or earlier.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Duke to go undefeated while beating everybody they face by 30+ points too. Realistically, it just won't happen. Duke lacks size this season. And that my friend you cannot coach. You have to recruit size. Coach K runs man to man straight up in your face defense. He will never run zones or traps. Full or half court. And saying what Duke needs to do will only get you frustrated and ready to butt your head up against a wall. And we can all second guess Coach K all day long. At the end of the day, he is a HOF coach and we are nothing more than posters on a sports website.