• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State Legislature to crack down on sports budget deficits

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senator proposes bill to give legislature oversight over persistently insolvent college athletic departments

Both UW and WSU have been operating in the red for at least the last two full fiscal years and the state senate is taking up a bill to require congressional approval for any institution running a deficit for 3 consecutive years.

Cohn has her hands full trying to get this under control. The football program is rolling as well as it can be and yet there is still a massive deficit. Can they get this fixed while the mens basketball team is still so much down in the dumps? Are higher ticket prices inevitable? I mean they already aren't filling the stands because of how much higher those prices already went after the renovation. Can they actually raise them more and not drive off more fans?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking shit...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the men's bball program for the simple fact Romar should have been fired years ago.
The cost of the stadium was sooner or later gonna hit the fans. If the football program can sustain this current winning percentage revenue should help off set cost, I hope they split the schools up though as for cost, it's not fair to take blame when Dawgs program is thriving and the turds in the east can't keep up their end

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the men's bball program for the simple fact Romar should have been fired years ago.
The cost of the stadium was sooner or later gonna hit the fans. If the football program can sustain this current winning percentage revenue should help off set cost, I hope they split the schools up though as for cost, it's not fair to take blame when Dawgs program is thriving and the turds in the east can't keep up their end
The law isn't being written as a blanket bill. It is clear they are evaluating each institution individually and I'm sure it isn't just UW and WSU. They are just the ones that lose millions instead of tens or hundreds of thousands like maybe a EWU or even Central Washington might.