• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starks

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that we are bringing Starks back on a two year deal. He got little to no interest on the market so I hope we got him for cheap. I loved the combo he and Lacy provided.

I wonder what this means for Dujuan Harris, not that he costs much. Also Jonthan Franklin...this team suddenly has alot of options at RB.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bringing Starks back is important for this team. I loved what harris did a couple years ago, but I'm still not sold on him. I keep getting the name Samkon Gado in my head. Did great for a brief period and that was it. I don't know why, but that's what I keep thinking about him.

Franklin might never see the field again if he doesn't change some attitude and learn to hang on to the ball. I think he has talent, but I think he was his own worst enemy and why he didn't see the field much until pressed into action and when others came back, he was quickly demoted. Injury or no injury I don't think would have mattered. In fact before he was "injured" I commented that they would be looking for a reason to put this guy on the shelf for the rest of the year and open a roster spot.

But Lacy Starks were a pretty damn good combo. One I'd like to see stick together for another year or two.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Franklin will be much improved with a year under his belt with the team.

I agree with Harris...I just dont see him as a longterm answer for this team.

DWood30

Go Pack Go!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to get Starks and Quarless back. Starks and Lacy is a great combo, we have good depth at the RB position.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bringing Starks back is important for this team. I loved what harris did a couple years ago, but I'm still not sold on him. I keep getting the name Samkon Gado in my head. Did great for a brief period and that was it. I don't know why, but that's what I keep thinking about him.

Franklin might never see the field again if he doesn't change some attitude and learn to hang on to the ball. I think he has talent, but I think he was his own worst enemy and why he didn't see the field much until pressed into action and when others came back, he was quickly demoted. Injury or no injury I don't think would have mattered. In fact before he was "injured" I commented that they would be looking for a reason to put this guy on the shelf for the rest of the year and open a roster spot.

But Lacy Starks were a pretty damn good combo. One I'd like to see stick together for another year or two.

I know he just finished his rookie year, but I wonder if a change of scenery would be good for Franklin. He got into McCarthy's doghouse, and not sure he can climb his way out.

I think bringing Starks back was probably pretty smart. Coming off of his medical issues who know what kind of burst he has left in his legs. I wouldn't want to head into camp with DuJuan Harris as my primary 2nd option coming into Training Camp.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin had the one fumble in the Cincinnati game and then never got any playing time afterward. Monte Ball had two or three crucial fumbles for Denver and they stuck with him. I am a fan of McCarthy but never fully understood WTF was going on. Must have been something more than just the fumble. The kid seemed like he showed a lot of potential and other than the fumble looked pretty darned good. Was it blitz pickup failure , the fumble or something else because he sure showed me something. I think Franklin can be real good. I don't want to see him get a change of scenery , that would just be stupid.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin played like a rookie...which is what he was. I guess I don't understand the negativity here towards him, or why people are calling him a disappointment. Compared to Lacy, yeah he was. But I'm not sure what exactly people expected out of him. With Lacy and Starks running well, he was the 3rd or 3 tailbacks, and then figure that he was going to lose snaps to Kuhn as well. He was not good as a return man, but unless there's something else going on, it's waaaay to early to be giving up on him as a running back.

That said, I think there's a chance all 4 of those guys (Lacy, Starks, Franklin, and Harris) make the final 53 this year, especially if Kuhn doesn't come back. If someone else can pose that pass-blocking and catching threat that Kuhn was, those 4 guys could be just fine.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Franklin, still do but when;

-You fumble in a crucial situation
-Can't handle kickoffs
-Can't pass block

You aren't going to see many snaps.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he just finished his rookie year, but I wonder if a change of scenery would be good for Franklin. He got into McCarthy's doghouse, and not sure he can climb his way out.

I think bringing Starks back was probably pretty smart. Coming off of his medical issues who know what kind of burst he has left in his legs. I wouldn't want to head into camp with DuJuan Harris as my primary 2nd option coming into Training Camp.

Starks has also spent a good amount of time in MM's doghouse - you can claw your way back out (or jump back into the game due to necessity/injury).

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin played like a rookie...which is what he was. I guess I don't understand the negativity here towards him, or why people are calling him a disappointment. Compared to Lacy, yeah he was. But I'm not sure what exactly people expected out of him. With Lacy and Starks running well, he was the 3rd or 3 tailbacks, and then figure that he was going to lose snaps to Kuhn as well. He was not good as a return man, but unless there's something else going on, it's waaaay to early to be giving up on him as a running back.

+1