• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to slow your roll there. I mean it was awful nice of the Pens to "share the wealth" and let someone else win the cup this year. Don't expect them to do it all the time.:lol:

That's what makes this so special. Sid and the Pens still have scoreboard, obviously. But this made the Caps legit as I said, before this it was a one sided "rivalry" and you need two sides to make it a real rivalry.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes this so special. Sid and the Pens still have scoreboard, obviously. But this made the Caps legit as I said, before this it was a one sided "rivalry" and you need two sides to make it a real rivalry.

I was fine with the way it was. But, that's just me.:suds:

Congrats. Hope y'all are still enjoying it. As someone who has watched their team win a championship, it usually last about a week were when bad stuff happens that would piss you off, you just go "it's all good, we won the Stanley Cup"

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with the way it was. But, that's just me.:suds:

Congrats. Hope y'all are still enjoying it. As someone who has watched their team win a championship, it usually last about a week were when bad stuff happens that would piss you off, you just go "it's all good, we won the Stanley Cup"

Yeah I tried to explain this to my Redskins board guys back in the day but they didn't fish so they didn't get it. But the season after you win it all is like the next cast after you just caught a nice bass. Sure you want another but you are satisfied anyway because you already got one.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Caps fan and have always been sort of meh about them, still seeing Ovie lift that Cup was amazing. So happy for him and Backstrom and the rest of the team.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be totally cool if the Pens / Caps went on an epic rivalry run and split the next six cups. (4 for us though)

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smokes what is this shop

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to everyone in Capsland except for Tom Wilson. :D

Another great pic from the night:

That's a lot of goaltending knowledge and ability right there.

(the other one in the tie between Grubby and Copley is Scott Murray, Korn's heir apparent)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is pretty great. Jay Beagle is the first player to have won championships in each of North America's 3 pro leagues.

Won the ECHL playoffs with the Idaho Steelheads in 2007
Won the AHL playoffs with the Hershey Bears in 2010.
Won the NHL playoffs with the Washington Capitals in 2018

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Things seemed to changed with that first Red Sox title. Suddenly a long suffering fan base was finally rewarded. Next came the White Sox, who's futility somehow fell under the radar as everyone talked about the Cubs and Sox. Then of course it was the Cubs' turn, followed by the Eagles and now the Capitals. Only this one felt like the Eagles finally getting a ring and Peyton or Elway finally getting over the hump all in one.
sigh

And here's to hopefully building hope for the Sharks' fans, the Jackets' fans, the Canucks, the Sabres, the Blue, the Jets, and fans of the Wild. Your day will come.

Keep the faith.

double sigh.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the nicest board on the Hoop by far. Caps and Pens fans getting along, dogs and cats playing, Arabs and Jews breaking bread together. What the fuck is going on here?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to eloco, ritari, 46&2, and all the other Caps fans I haven't had the privilege of conversing on here with. Today is a good goddamn day! :first:

Congrats, Apache! Great chatting with ya over the years. Hope you get to go to the parade on Tuesday. Cheers!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they don't have many fans on here, but congrats to Vegas for a great first season. While losing stings now, it's probably going to be better for the team in the long run. It will help keep that fire burning. Congrats to Vegas on a great and remarkable first season.

And here's to hopefully building hope for the Sharks' fans, the Jackets' fans, the Canucks, the Sabres, the Blue, the Jets, and fans of the Wild. Your day will come.

Keep the faith.

:oops: sad club will still have the Canucks for a long long time...... I don't ever see it changing

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Eloco and Ritari. Happy for you guys. You guys have been the “Sharks East” for so long. Happy to have you guys exit purgatory. Hope you’re both relishing this.

Puckhead and I will keep an eye on things now that you’re gone.

:heh: