• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If last night taught us anything, it's the following:

Jonny Murray > Tom Wilson > Braydon Coburn

That and the Hockey Gods are smiling on the District of Columbia. Should've been 3-1 Tampa at worst through one period.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So conflicted....

I will say the long suffering Caps fans are infinitely more deserving of this than are the fans of Vegas.

I have a definite soft spot for Fleury and will always root for him. I also have a soft spot for Ovechkin and would be happy if he got a cup. (and I'd never have to see that stupid White Russian meme generally posted by Stiller fans when they pay attention to hockey around May 2nd or so)

Can the Caps win in 7 but cut Wilson after game 6? I still hate that guy FWIW.

Congrats to fans of both teams, should be a good series.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys... guess what?

We're in the Stanley Cup Finals!!!

This is real. Right... Guys? Guys?!?!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im cheering for a caps win in overtime of game 7 :thumb:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having a hard time wondering how two teams appearing in my favorites slots wound up in the Finals

Would not mind either team winning

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If last night taught us anything, it's the following:

Jonny Murray > Tom Wilson > Braydon Coburn

That and the Hockey Gods are smiling on the District of Columbia. Should've been 3-1 Tampa at worst through one period.

Well if you want to play that game then the Caps should have easily won game 4. There are no "Should haves" in hockey - the only scores that count are the ones that go in the net.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you want to play that game then the Caps should have easily won game 4. There are no "Should haves" in hockey - the only scores that count are the ones that go in the net.

Zero puck luck for Tampa in a game seven on home ice. Could've been an epic finish, but we were robbed of it by the Hockey Gods. That's all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero puck luck for Tampa in a game seven on home ice. Could've been an epic finish, but we were robbed of it by the Hockey Gods. That's all.

Huh. I wasn't aware Braden Holtby had been promoted :)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot speak for your area but around here Pittsburgh West is a euphemism for anal sex.
People seem to like this, I'll have to tell Mom at Sunday dinner.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bantering sounds good so far, should be a good round on the boards.

I gotta go with the Caps, still feel sorry for Esa, but y'all wouldn't have won that series anyhow. You're all due to enjoy the summer long euphoria that follows a cup win, rather than the pain of trying to block losing out of your heads.

To me the big question is, how the hell do they keep ice in June when it's 105 degrees outside??? :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with the Caps, still feel sorry for Esa, but y'all wouldn't have won that series anyhow.

Yeah, it would have been a 4-1 series loss instead. We all knew we were toast once we made the finals. We were happy to be there.

This time... we want it!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero luck - perhaps, but they were also getting pushed around in their own building & getting abused more than just on the scoreboard. I would hardly label the whole thing as bad luck when a team doesn't score one goal in almost 8 periods. To me that sounds like a solid goaltender on the other side, good D & some issues w/ the TB offense (& sure some luck but to blame it solely on that is laughable).

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was inthe 7th grade. I went to the old Covic Arena to watch the Pens host the Caps.
The Pens were not known to be a top club at that time but we did net like 12 goals in that game.
poor Ron Low in net for Washington. bet he faced 65 shots?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a soft spot for Vegas all season long. I like their coach, met him a few times when he use to coach my local junior team. They have nice uniforms. I don't have anything against any of their players. It's nice to see hockey become so popular in the dessert so quickly after not doing so well in another market for the last couple of decades. And I just thought they've been a nice feel-good story after the tragic shooting that happened shortly before the season started (sadly that could sort of apply to many pro sports team in the US it seems :( ).

But they are playing with house money at this point and have been for a very long time. I can't imagine the fans that have been there since the beginning (yes all the way back to last fall), would have much to complain about if they don't win the Cup. Their season ticket holders got way more than they bargained for. The ones who jumped on the bandwagon part way through the year will be more than satisfied as well. It's been a great story all year long, especially for those who like to cheer for the so-called "underdog", but I'd have very mixed feelings about a 1st year expansion team winning the Cup.

I hate to say any fan base "deserves" anything, but I definitely think that long-time Caps fans would appreciate it a lot more. Ovechkin definitely deserves a Cup. It's definitely looking like it's his year.

I won't be too disappointed either way but I'm leaning more towards the Caps. Gallant can have his Jack Adams and Fleury might still be able to get the Conne Smythe but OV and others finally getting to raise the Cup will be pretty cool.