• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the top left blocker side was MONEY for the Pens in the playoffs.

Now, which goal was the biggest or most important goal of their playoff run? I would have to say Letang's GW/cup winning goal in game 6 vs SJ to make it 2-1 Pens. Maybe even Hagelin's GW goal in game 3 vs Washington?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, which goal was the biggest or most important goal of their playoff run? I would have to say Letang's GW/cup winning goal in game 6 vs SJ to make it 2-1 Pens. Maybe even Hagelin's GW goal in game 3 vs Washington?
That was no doubt our best regular season ever, and the 17 game win streak seems almost untouchable right now, but I have a problem saying that a team that did not win the Cup is the greatest team in Pens history. That would be like saying that the Washington Capitals were the greatest team this year. President's Trophy doesn't mean anything without tCup IMO.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one brought me the most joy,
hiwguus-gif.116622

It just adds to our pwnership of the Capitals over the years...
m2xvbf0-gif.111569

5qnculb-gif.111564

m5cztw5-gif.111563

g1BRbfF.gif

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the most important goal of the playoffs IMO...
f41cgfy-gif.122307.gif
That was the difference between us & the Lightning, the only team that had a chance of eliminating us from the playoffs.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was no doubt our best regular season ever, and the 17 game win streak seems almost untouchable right now, but I have a problem saying that a team that did not win the Cup is the greatest team in Pens history. That would be like saying that the Washington Capitals were the greatest team this year. President's Trophy doesn't mean anything without tCup IMO.
Idk. A lot of people think the 1976 Steeler team was the best and they didn't win the SB that post season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would I but an argument can be made for a non-championship season.
I don't want to bash the 1992-93 team, but they lost to an Islanders team that was without their best player. I don't look back fondly on that season, probably my first traumatic memory as a Pens fan.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to bash the 1992-93 team, but they lost to an Islanders team that was without their best player. I don't look back fondly on that season, probably my first traumatic memory as a Pens fan.
I agree! That post season was a major disappointment no matter how great the regular season was!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! That post season was a major disappointment no matter how great the regular season was!!!
Yeah Ewa, I don't even like to think about that season in spite of all the great things that happened (Mario coming back from cancer treatment to lead the league in scoring, 17 game win streak, "The Sky Line" of Stevens/Lemieux/Jagr). What I remember the most was losing to the Islanders in the 2nd round in spite of their best player being hurt. Learned that year that hockey isn't always fun.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the sweetest goal of the playoffs IMO,
ekdnicj-gif.121465.gif
Plays like that are why Sid was named the Conn Smythe.

Other team couldn't rest easy when Sid was on the ice, no matter where he was. They would rather put their worst defensive paring on the HBK line than take any chances with Sid. Changed the complexion of every game in a way you can't tell by just looking at the stats.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda see it both ways but think the team with the cup has the stronger case. I hated the result of the 93 team but that team was unreal and not winning the cup that year was simply sickening.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one brought me the most joy,
hiwguus-gif.116622

It just adds to our pwnership of the Capitals over the years...
m2xvbf0-gif.111569

5qnculb-gif.111564

m5cztw5-gif.111563

g1BRbfF.gif
Back in 1988-89, I was around 10 yrs old, Mark Recchi and Zarley Zalapski were signing autographs at a McDonalds in Indiana, PA where I am originally from and I remember everyone being real quiet for some stupid reason. It was like a fucking library so when it was my turn to get stuff signed, I told them both that someone needs to kick Rod Langways ass because he was too good. Only Lemieux ever scored on him it seemed. The place busted up laughing and Recchi pointed to Zalapski and said "He can do it. I am too short." lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 1988-89, I was around 10 yrs old, Mark Recchi and Zarley Zalapski were signing autographs at a McDonalds in Indiana, PA where I am originally from and I remember everyone being real quiet for some stupid reason. It was like a fucking library so when it was my turn to get stuff signed, I told them both that someone needs to kick Rod Langways ass because he was too good. Only Lemieux ever scored on him it seemed. The place busted up laughing and Recchi pointed to Zalapski and said "He can do it. I am too short." lol
Great story, Gooch, was having a conversation on the Flyers board (a real conversation this time) about the upcoming Hall of Fame class of 2016. Although we all agree that Eric Lindros deserves to make it this year, I feel that Mark Recchi is the most deserving if you go by the numbers. It's only the super ELITE group that has reached the 500 goal milestone as well as the 1,500 point milestone, and Recchi is probably the most unassuming player to have done that. Really cool that you got to meet him, he was a very special player.