• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hounds are very curious dogs that like to express themselves. People just don't understand that, they think that hounds are just crying about something. Even many dog trainers are baffled by hounds. It's a different kind of dog.
We just wanted to get the howl down to a bark but you are right. They really do express themselves unlike any other breeds. Our guy unfortunately was abused pretty bad before we got him and he acted out due to him having anxiety issues. Once we got him to understand that he was safe in our home, he howls when he should and has learned to release some of that anxiety by playing and wrestling with our other 2 dogs. He is a much happier dog these days thank god!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just wanted to get the howl down to a bark but you are right. They really do express themselves unlike any other breeds. Our guy unfortunately was abused pretty bad before we got him and he acted out due to him having anxiety issues. Once we got him to understand that he was safe in our home, he howls when he should and has learned to release some of that anxiety by playing and wrestling with our other 2 dogs. He is a much happier dog these days thank god!
Awwww love hearing happy endings like that, especially for dogs!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hockey HOF is amazing! Great you got pics. I went when I was 12 (back in 1998), but didn't get any pics. Went to Toronto in 2014, wish I had gone to the HOF for the pics.
I don't look too happy in this pic because the security guard just about shot me for almost touching the cup. lol I had my "repeat" cup champs hat on tho!

261.jpg

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is our boy. He is spoiled rotten now. If/when you get your pup, you must post some pics!
View attachment 128718 View attachment 128719 View attachment 128720
So cute, especially the 2nd pic! I'll be sure to post pics of the pup, but it's going to be a lengthy process. Beagle puppies are in high demand & short supply. You gotta monitor a bunch of puppy adoption websites everyday & jump on the first beagle available or else they'll be gone the next day. Saw a bunch of people who dressed their dogs in Pens attire for the parade. Felt bad for the poor dogs (it was so hot) but it was so cute!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't look too happy in this pic because the security guard just about shot me for almost touching the cup. lol I had my "repeat" cup champs hat on tho!

View attachment 128721
That's awesome dude, totally jelly! I would've touched tCup also, totally worth getting shot for IMO!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So cute, especially the 2nd pic! I'll be sure to post pics of the pup, but it's going to be a lengthy process. Beagle puppies are in high demand & short supply. You gotta monitor a bunch of puppy adoption websites everyday & jump on the first beagle available or else they'll be gone the next day. Saw a bunch of people who dressed their dogs in Pens attire for the parade. Felt bad for the poor dogs (it was so hot) but it was so cute!
It will be worth the effort just to get one.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for sure. If I could get that done by the time summer ends, this might be the best summer ever!
Good luck and hope the great summer continues! I got to try to get some sleep but its been nice chatting with you man! To be continued...

You just gave me my 1,000th "like" btw so thanks again Doob! :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens w
Good luck and hope the great summer continues! I got to try to get some sleep but its been nice chatting with you man! To be continued...

You just gave me my 1,000th "like" btw so thanks again Doob! :suds:
nite dude, congrats on the 1,000th like!
:suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this for a second...

Pittsburgh has a population of 300k & Sid had 400k people in Pittsburgh chanting his name (133% of the population).

New York has a population of 8.4 million people, and Henrik Lundqvist has never had more than 50k people chanting his name (0.06% of the population).

So who should be referred to as tKing? Not saying Sid would accept the title, "The King of Pittsburgh", because Sid has way too much class, but if anyone should be called tKing, it should be Sid.
Not to take away from the legitimate rangers fans. And there are quite a few great rangers fans.But anytime I've been to a rangers game. When you look around the lower bowl and its mostly business men in suits. That cant hold a hockey conversation none the less chant his name. There are very few players I think hold the resume to be deemed "The King". I believe Forsgerg earned the title when he had it. I would definitely say Sid is the new king. If anyone in modern day hockey earned the title its Sid

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I used to post on ESPN, there was this dude named MadDog, who was a hardcore Sid homer. Him & I got an argument where he said Sid is gonna be greater than Mario, and I told him he wasn't a true Pens fan if he thought that (he wasn't, he even admitted that he only rooted for Sid). Looking back, he might be proven right. Don't get me wrong, Mario will always be considered the greatest Penguin ever (we could never thank him enough for what he has done for us), but Sid might actually be regarded as a greater player when it's all said & done, especially if he could deliver a 3rd Cup.

I have a friend that's a Red Wing fan, and I was surprised how much I was able to PWN him when we got into an argument about who was better between Steve Yzerman & Sid. Think about that for a second, Stevie Y is a HOFer who played 22 seasons, and never in his career did he have the stature of Sid. 1 more Cup and my friend admitted that Sid will be regarded as a greater player, and he HATES Sid for not shaking Nicklas Lidstrom's hand after the 2009 SCF (I told him to get over it, Sid was injured that game, and he had bigger things on his mind).

Anyways, if he could get him to admit that Sid would be regarded as a greater player than Stevie Y if he wins another Cup, I think Mario's legacy as the greatest Penguin player (not confused with Penguin period) might be in trouble also. I don't think Mario would mind that one bit to tell you the truth. Sid's legacy adds to Mario's legacy as an owner.
To Be Fair I think Mario would have shattered gretxkys records if not for illnesses and injuries.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gooch1034

I think we once had a conversation about what was the greatest Penguin team of all time. I was off no sleep, so I couldn't really oblige you, but I was thinking about it & you could argue that this year's Pens team was the greatest Pens team of all time...
PPYHH1t.png
2015-16 team won more games in the regular season than any of the Cup winning teams.

I do however acknowledge the 1990-91 team & the 1991-92 team were both disadvantaged from there being ties at the time.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gooch1034

I think we once had a conversation about what was the greatest Penguin team of all time. I was off no sleep, so I couldn't really oblige you, but I was thinking about it & you could argue that this year's Pens team was the greatest Pens team of all time...
View attachment 129407
2015-16 team won more games in the regular season than any of the Cup winning teams.

I do however acknowledge the 1990-91 team & the 1991-92 team were both disadvantaged from there being ties at the time.
IMO the 92-93 team was the best team in franchise history but didnt win the cup that year. They went 56-21-7 with the 17 game winning streak and won the Presidents trophy. Lemieux missed 24 games that year and still won the Art Ross. Unfortunately they ran into the Islanders in the playoffs and the Isles solved the Pens puzzle and scored the game 7 OT game winner in the 2nd round. I was at game 2 of the series. The Pens won 3-0.

Its tough to compare the different era's and the 2016 team could very well be the best Pens team ever. I chose the 1992-93 team for a couple reasons but the main reason was how comfortable I felt when they played knowing they were likely going to beat whoever they played. I just remember being amazed and so content knowing how solid that team was and they made it look easy. Seemed they scored at will also.

As for the 2016 team, not sure if I had mentioned it here or was talking to someone else but around March was when I mentioned to someone that this Pens team was playing like a Stanley Cup worthy teams because of their speed, depth and how they hustled all game. I wasn't sure it would last until April when they just kept playing at the high level we saw every game that won them the cup. Compared this 2016 team to Bylsma's team since 2009 and it was obvious this team was something special.

If we are sticking with only cup winning teams then I would say the 2016 Pens are the best team in Pens history.